JW Interview on NBC's Today Show

Saxbabe

It airs from 7-10 am on NBC -

My digital cable guide lists "Orlando Bloom, John Williams, South Beach Diet, Sue Miller" as guests. So I guess he'll be 2nd and pretty early in, maybe even before 8? Probably before 8:30...

Was anyone going to record this digitally? I may record it to DVD but I don't know how that would convert to DV...

Sounds cool! Wonder how long (or uh, short) it will be?

Greta

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened here? Did they not have him on? I had to leave for work 20 minutes before the show ended and I didn't think they still had time for him, but I put in a tape just in case. Was he on before that? Did I miss it?

I recorded the entire 3-hour block, fast-forwarded throught it, and never saw JW once. Maybe they'll show the interview later in the week...

Pheew. I had taped the whole thing, but was afraid the JW segment aired when the local station I was using (stupid WDIV Local 4 Detroit) pre-empted the NBC programming to show a damn local police standoff. I HATE NON-NETWORK-O&O LOCAL STATIONS!

are you sure it was to be today on Today?

Obviously he has a life threatening illness that took a turn for the worse,that's why he cancelled.

K.M.

Obviously he has a life threatening illness that took a turn for the worse,that's why he cancelled.

K.M.

No, he has just seen ROTS and discovered that Lucas has completely messed up his score, replacing all of his new cues with Duel of the Fates, Goldsmith's THIRTEENTH WARRIOR and Hans Zimmer's GLADIATOR. After a big shock, he cancelled his appeareance on TV. Apparently, some people spotted his car going toward the Skywalker Ranch with "Duel of the Fates" blasting from his car stereo...

:mrgreen:

NotFunny.jpg

"I don't think that's funny. I don't think that's funny at all, I'm sorry."

Neil

Anyone heard anything on when he is going to be on?? Maybe they pulled him from that day because they are planning on including him as part of the summer concert series, where they will bring in the LSO and play a few pieces from all of the Star Wars scores???? Wouldn't that be something LOL

I LOVE YOU, will marry you. Want kids? Check! Want Money? Check! Want me to give you the best love you ever had? CHECK!

Is there any way to save this anyone? Or can someone record the stream???

I can't believe I was up yesterday for it, and they showed it today! :)

Amazing interview though! I got choked up myself when he talked about Schindler's List.

And bravo to NBC for always giving JW props. :thumbsup:

Notice there was no mention of Vengeance, just the others. Maybe too far ahead...but anyway...

Greta

I think it is a good sign theat WOTW and MOG was mentioned. I guess that gets rid of the Zimmer rumor. The interveiw was great. I also give thumbs up to NBC.

Good interview, they usually seem to actually care about the subject matter when they do these pieces on Williams (or at least they're good at pretending). It was moving to see him get choked up talking about Schindler's List; he's always so professional and well-spoken that we rarely get to see a moment of "vulnerability" or emotion like that.

Ray Barnsbury

I thought he was going to breakdown or something. Usually when that happens, they let the interviewee just sit there and cry while the camera just rolls. It's so uncomfortable. Thankfully he moved on quickly and changed topic...

Tim

I very much enjoyed that interview, though I closed my eyes for the ROTS clips and focused extremely hard on Williams talking when the ROTS music was playing (or I assume it was ROTS music, as I'd never heard that chorus before).

I liked the use of "Cantina Band" when they talked about his love of jazz. Nice in-joke.

And what was that clip of a shirtless guy punching someone on the screen while JW was conducting? It doesn't seem familiar to me.

On a side note, I had a very vivid dream about ROTS last night. Many of the images really scared me so much I woke up, especially my imagining of the Obi-wan/Anakin fight. This is going to be an intense movie.

I apologize for the tangent. I'm not entering any other ROTS-related thread until May 20, so I had to post it here.

Great Interview!

I only wish it had been longer, maybe Williams will do more things like that in the coming weeks.

:lsvader:

this has nothing to do with my comment, I just like it :)

And what was that clip of a shirtless guy punching someone on the screen while JW was conducting? It doesn't seem familiar to me.

I don't recall what it was from the clip, but from your description it sounds like it could be from Far and Away.

Ray Barnsbury

Finally watched it after I realized it wouldn't work in Firefox. I hate Microsoft.

Really touching moment there with Schindler's, I'm having trouble remembering if I've ever heard Williams choked up like that.