Rate ROTS Score  

32 members have voted

1. 1.

• 1 Star
    • 2 Stars
    • 3 Stars
    • 4 Stars
    • 5 Stars

Well, ive looked around thinking this already exsisted but i couldn't find it.

so give ROTS your how many stars it deserves. im kinda curious as to how people like it.

it seems pretty broad so far.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 star from the man with the golden chins. Even that was too much.

i finally listened to this CD:

i think its awesome!! fragmentary at parts but great at parts. Not a great mix (sts sound like shit) but the trombones and low brass are all over this stuff (incredible playing)

A clear five Star Score for me, and i don´t know why so many people don´t like the "rather themeless" approach by Williams...I mean, when listening to the Episode III score, i kind of felt that there were already more than enough themes in the first four films...

Four stars for me. It's really good, but far from 5 stars. Anyway, I'm talking about the CD. Maybe in two weeks half or even a whole star can be added.

Stefan, I guess he was referring to the fact that AOTC wasn't exactly a film.

btw, I cannot rate this until I see the film, but its good so far.

This board has been rated "R". For mild sex references and gratutious sci-fi quotations.

Four stars for me. It's really good, but far from 5 stars. Anyway, I'm talking about the CD. Maybe in two weeks half or even a whole star can be added.

Almost co-sign. For me it is 4,5 stars (and I´m pretty sure that it woill be 5 stars in the movie)

At first listen, I would say 3 out of 5 stars. However, as I have listend over the past two days I will now give it a 4 out of 5. I think in the context of the movie it will be a 5 out of 5, that is if the music is not butchered. I really like how inm many of the pieces you can hear a development from what Eposide I sounded like to now.

At first, 3/5, then 4/5 a few days later. Now it's clearly at least 4.5/5. I don't think the weaker moments of the album should detract from the great moments, and there are plenty. There were weak moments in Jurassic Park, Schindler's List, Star Wars... there's only extra disappointment this time because it's the last Star Wars score.

Anyway, I made my own end credits suite that goes like this:

"Brother and Sister" (from ROTJ), up to the rendition of "Han Solo and the Princess"

"A New Hope" (ROTS), up to the conclusion of "Battle of the Heroes"

"End Credits" (AOTC), the "Across the Stars" portion including the horn statement of "Anakin's Theme"

"Anakin's Betrayal" (ROTS), up until the loud trumpet note at 1:55 (and interpolating the "General Grievous" theme lowered one tone in pitch)

"Duel of the Fates" (TPM), from the middle-section chorus up until the percussive penultimate crescendo (1:33-3:35)

"The Imperial March" (ESB)

"End Credits [Finale Fanfare I]" (ROTS), from the timpani roll to before the slowed down string rendition of "Rebel Fanfare"

"The Dark Side Beckons" (ESB), the entire monk chorus and "Emperor's Theme"

"End Credits [Finale Fanfare II]" (ROTJ), the final moments up until the final snare/gong roll

"End Title" (ESB), the final moments of this including "Rebel Fanfare" and the subtle manifestation of "Darth Vader's Theme" to final chord, which is the loudest and most triumphant of all the End Credits selections.

22:45

3/5 stars. Clearly in my eyes one of JW's weaker "ALBUMS" could change when I see the picture. But god knows the Hack Job that will be done to the score in the film. IF it seem's to fit better in the Movie I might bump it up. However, this score just feels so off from the original and even TPM soundtrack.

I'm starting to have faith that the score's going to be really good in the film. The more I listen to it, the more it reminds me of the darker parts of RotJ. A couple parts I really like, that seem like they'll be intense on-screen are the end of "Anakin's Dark Deeds", the contrapuntal violin (that plays with "Across the Stars") in "Anakin's Dream", and 1:28-1:52 in "Anakin vs. Obi Wan." This score doesn't really sound like it's got a lot of Mickey Mousing like AotC and TPM.

Three Stars. I consider it on par with AOTC, some great tracks that share album space with some forgettable tracks. The finale cue and end credits is a major disappointment, by far the worst of the saga. And, where's Yoda's Theme? It's strange how TPM is beginning to sound like classic Star Wars.

Jeff

I know this score like the back of my hand now... 5 stars without a doubt! And I'm sure my likening of it will increase once I actually see what is being scored (or maybe not, seeing as his score has been yet again butchered.... :lsvader:)