*The Official Episode III Film Review Thread*

By the way, I have to admit to laughing to myself when the Main Title crawl began, Neil & some other members will no doubt too!  :)  

WAR!

Neil

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well I was planning to go to the Midnight showing tomorrow night, but my Mom's new apartment is ready and she's movie this week, and that means I will see it when I see it. Looks like it will be the first Star Wars movie I won't have seen on opening day.

He's not even in the Phantom Zone Trio anymore?

I am in my own King Mark Zone,a place created for Deities of the MB,much more luxurious than the Phantom Zone.

K.M.

but there are some good uses of Yoda's Theme

Ah, it's good that someone finally brought that up. I was sure it would be in the film, but it's always nice to have confirmation.

John- who is really starting to think Lament is Williams' best choral passage since The Dark Side Beckons.

I just watched it, and I am overwhelmed. I think this is the best episode of all the six. WOW!!!!

I had doubts about Hayden, but what's funny is that I caught a movie I never heard of on Digital Cable about 2 weeks ago called "Shattered Glass" which is about the New Republic reporter Stephen Glass. Hayden plays the main character. I was suprised that A) it was a good movie, and B) Hayden was fantastic. He was completely unlike his wooden self in AotC. Which makes me more convinced that it's Lucas' direction. Even Hayden has said that he's done scenes with more emotion, or not as childish, but Lucas has always chosen the version of him whinning because he's aparently "setting" things up for Episode III....

Tim

Ah, it's good that someone finally brought that up. I was sure it would be in the film, but it's always nice to have confirmation.

John- who is really starting to think Lament is Williams' best choral passage since The Dark Side Beckons.

Best choral passage since "Immolation", you mean :thumbup:

Best choral passage since "Immolation", you mean

Duel of the Fates, I think you mean. :thumbup:

Justin

I've seen it.

This movie is amazing, I really don't care what anyone else says.

Last night were two exhilarating hours I will cherish for the rest of my life.

The score is awesome! I waited until I saw the movie to hear BOTH for the first time. And it paid off! What beautiful music Williams has composed.

The action was wonderful as always, but the more quiet scenes are what makes this movie a keeper.

It was like watching a great Greek tragedy.

What a fitting end to a spectacular Saga.

I can't wait to see it again.

I saw it in the Euroscoop Theater in Maasmechelen, Belgium at precisely 1 minute past midnight this morning :thumbup:

Best of the prequels after a first viewing, but nowhere near Star Wars or Empire. The visuals are great, but the characters are still boring and bland. The Anakin vs. Obi-Wan duel is very fast and impressive, but could've been tighter. There's only so many lightsaber battles you can watch before it gets redundant. And the duel in TPM is still the best directed of all the prequels.

There were two scenes I sorely missed in the film, because I knew they should've been there. One scene that was cut was Padmé meeting with Bail Organa, Mon Mothma and some other senators to form the Alliance. Not only would it have been nice to see that, but also there's a later scene where Padmé tells Anakin that there might be something wrong with the Republic. Without the previous scene, it seems like Padmé brings it up out of nowhere.

We also didn't see Obi-Wan's relationship with Padmé fully fledged out. There was an earlier scene where he went to visit Padmé, and I think that's where Padmé told him about Anakin and that she's pregnant. It's no big loss for the overall movie, but I'd've liked to see more of their relationship.

I was excited to hear Duel of the Fates kick in, but I wish it would've gotten a statement during the Obi/Anakin duel. Just a small disappointment.

Hayden didn't look quite right in the Vader suit. There's a long shot where it's very obvious. Hearing James Earl Jones again was über-cool, though.

Hayden's performance here is much better than in AotC. For some reason, it seems like they picked the most horrid lines from the film to put in the trailers.

Finally, Ian McDiarmid totally owns this movie as the manipulative Palpatine. He's actually a much more interesting character as the fatherly, manipulative Chancellor than as the raspy-voiced, hidious looking Emperor.

The most dramatic and best scored sequence is the erradication of the Jedi, which is where you will hear Anakin's Betrayal. Anakin's Betrayal is later reprised when Anakin faces Obi-Wan on Mustafar. The Force statement at the end of the film gave me goosebumps, especially together with that shot of Owen looking out into the distance. Thank you Johnny.

- Marc

Best choral passage since "Immolation", you mean

Duel of the Fates, I think you mean. :(

Justin

I mean what I said and say what I mean. :)

John- who's just revived his computer back from the dead. Close shave. banghead

BTW, about the tracked music:

- Escape from Naboo is heard when Grievous's ship starts tilting

- Anakin Destroys the Federation Battleship is heard when the ship crash-lands on Coruscant

- The Confederation March (from The Arena is heard when we first get to Kashyyyk

- Activate the Droids is heard when the Kashyyyk battle begins

- The rerecorded music from ESB plays when Yoda faces Sidious in his office (this is kind of weird, because that music you heard in ESB that sounded like the wind blowing around Luke is now heard when Yoda gets to his feet after being zapped by Sith lightning. Totally inappropriate.)

- Duel of the Fates is heard when Sidious starts chucking senate pods at Yoda

That's all I can remember right now.

Just came back from the first public screening here in Austria, and I actually cannot decide wheter i found it good or bad....there were some really good moments, and there were some extraordinarily bad moments in here to...the german synchronisation was absolutely horrendous, by the way...can´t wait for the OV. However, I´ll try to write a review tomorrow, after a bit of thinking.

On the score:

I heard no unreleased score that would be worth mentioning

Well, i think that the last 5-10 minutes of the movie were scored entirely,and it should´ve been released entirely, not just the funeral music and the last minute...there were some moments that really established some kind of "Star Wars feeling" that cannot be found on the CD :(

I loved the gentler version of Qui-Gon's Funeral heard at Padmé's funeral procession. I also thought it was very nice to see all the Naboo characters there, even her parents, whose scenes were cut from AotC. And I'd love to hear the complete finale cue.

I'm disappointed that scene of Yoda throwing his lightsaber was still in the movie. This was mentioned in The Final Chapter, the e-book that dealt with the final stages of post-production of RotS. One of the animators made this, and they showed it to Lucas. Lucas said, "no, a Jedi would not throw his lightsaber. He would not loose it like that." But they said they just did it, because it looked cool, and they wanted to show it to Lucas. Lucas thought about it some more, and said something like "we'll see." It eventually ended up in the film, which I think is too bad. Lucas should've stuck to his ground there.

I loved the gentler version of Qui-Gon's Funeral heard at Padmé's funeral procession. I also thought it was very nice to see all the Naboo characters there, even her parents, whose scenes were cut from AotC. And I'd love to hear the complete finale cue.

I'm disappointed that scene of Yoda throwing his lightsaber was still in the movie. This was mentioned in The Final Chapter, the e-book that dealt with the final stages of post-production of RotS. One of the animators made this, and they showed it to Lucas. Lucas said, "no, a Jedi would not throw his lightsaber. He would not loose it like that." But they said they just did it, because it looked cool, and they wanted to show it to Lucas. Lucas thought about it some more, and said something like "we'll see." It eventually ended up in the film, which I think is too bad. Lucas should've stuck to his ground there.

If it looks cool........ o.O;;

I think that's probably Lucas' biggest problem as a director, and this is from one of his supporters. He just can't put his foot down and say "no". This is probably why Burtt gets to do what he does to Williams' scores.

I admit I haven't read all the reviews above. Anyway, here are a few brief thoughts of mine...

Overall, I found it quite good after leaving the theatre. Some lengthy bits, but some really good scenes too. But the longer we talked about it and the way it ties into the original trilogy, the more excited I became about it. I wonder what I'll think about it after a second viewing.

Things I liked: The force theme at the beginning; you see those two spaceships fly around for a few minutes and immediately know who's in it. Hayden Christensen was really good. Ian McDiarmid was fantastic, as was his character, complete with plenty of ROTJ quotes. Leia's Theme.

Marian - :)

:( Revenge of the Sith

One scene that was cut was Padmé meeting with Bail Organa, Mon Mothma and some other senators to form the Alliance. Not only would it have been nice to see that, but also there's a later scene where Padmé tells Anakin that there might be something wrong with the Republic. Without the previous scene, it seems like Padmé brings it up out of nowhere.

If that scene were in the movie, that means it would take the rebel alliance 18 years or so to win their first battle against the evil galactic empire.

Neil

Still a little less than 4 hours to go for me, should probably get my stormtrooper costume on soon...

Well I have just seen and suprisingly I actually really liked it. There are of course some tedious scenes throughout the movie but overall pretty good. MUCH better than TPM and AOTC IMO.

I have to say that I found the Jedi Slaughter with Anakin's Betrayal playing to be quite unexpectedly powerful.

I just hope the movie holds up after more views. Can't wait to see it again.

:music: Anakin's Betrayal - Revenge Of The Sith - John Williams :music:

I just saw it. I just wrote a review for the newspaper, giving the movie a B-. That review can be found here at about 1 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time Thursday. It has to be edited and everything.

I will add some of my music thoughts here, since they're not in the review. I'm saddened by the extremely high amount of re-tracked music. From the sense I got from reading the scoring session reports and initial reviews of the CD, this was going to be a blowout score. Instead, it's mainly a washout. I estimate about 30 minutes of entirely new music that was not re-orchestrated, re-scored or re-edited. When I get the CD, I'll hear what was intended.

I did like "Battle of the Heroes," and the return of "Binary Sunset."

Jeff -- off to write about the 12:01 a.m. screenings here, then going on a four-day vacation

Well I'm not expecting a JWfan Tomatometer at 83%.After all the majority here are OT Purists and Prequel Bashers.

I'm sure this place will have the highest nitpicking.

K.M.

I saw it.

Did the film redeem the prequels? No!

However, it didnt drag the name of the series down into the mud like the last two.

For once George delivered a good Prequel film. As good as the originals? Nope!

However, this film actually FELT Star Wars. Which is enough for me.

Just saw the movie: Midnight showing.

Now, I can safely say that this is the best of the 3 prequels. I will not go any further then that, not because of how I believe it holds up to the original trilogy, but because that's another argument that I don't need to go into because it's pointless. So I will continue. The open crawl doesn't go right into the battle like it sounds on the CD. There is that starry music when the camera pans down. There is more of Greivous' theme then presented on CD. The Rebel fanfare is also in the opening space battle, although I couldn't tell if it was tracked from a previous film. The funeral scene at the end is not the same on CD, which repeats the choral section twice. In the film, as mentioned in an earlier review on this page, there is a softer version with quite voices singing, which also has the Imperial March hidden in there. This is a great example of Williams' incorporating multiple themes. I wish this was on the CD. One of the most obvious tracked pieces was at the end of the opening space battle, when Anakin is piloting a ship crashing into the atmosphere of Coruscant. During this part is the music from the TPM:UE which is titled "The Tide Turns". This was the piece of music I missed from the OST release of TPM, and now I heard it clear as day in RotS. There was a lot of cool stuff during the Anakin/Obi-Wan duel that didn't make the CD.

It is very true that the music stands out in this film. It is up front very much and sounds terrific. I don't doubt that there are edits, but I wasn't distracted by any of them. Truthfully, I didn't even notice DOTF during the Yoda/Sidious until the end of the scene.

As far as the film goes, it moves quickly until maybe the last 30 minutes. There is more emotional weight and I was suprised of how often I was so involved in some scenes. This movie is sad, very sad, and the acting is much better. There is some dialogue that is strange, but nothing that is too distracting, and the audience I saw the movie with didn't laugh at anything. There were a few scene involving Yoda that made people cheer, but overall, things are inevitable and you know things get bad. I need to let the movie soak in more so I'll discuss later with you all (I'm off work this week - and not because of Star Wars).

Tim

The Rebel fanfare was definitely a new recording. It had new orchestration, and it was also mentioned int he scoring reports earlier this year.

One last thing....

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obi-Wan owns Vadar in their duel. I read a lot of stuff saying that Anakin is a better sword fighter, this and that, and how Obi-Wan just sucks and doesn't hold his own, and that he gets lucky all of the time during his fights. I also heard rumors that Obi-Wan only wins because he psychs Anakin out with some touching speech. Not the movie I saw. Obi-Wan flat out destroys him in the end because he is the smarter fighter.

Tim

Yeah it wasnt so much a victory of skill as it was a victory of wits. OF course he was aided by the fact that Anakin was a dumb ass and jumped right into him.

I saw it.  

However, it didnt drag the name of the series down into the mud like the last two.

For once George delivered a good Prequel film. As good as the originals? Hope!  

Face it, what you said is a try to covers your true sentiment. You liked it :music:

Which is enough for me :music:

Luke, ETA 4 hours, 45 minutes...

Unknown period of time but probably not until Sunday.

Justin - Who's brother went to the theater in costume at 12:01 to see it. :music:

I saw it.  

For once George delivered a good Prequel film. As good as the originals? Hope!  

Face it, what you said is a try to covers your true sentiment. You liked it :music:

Which is enough for me :music:

Luke, ETA 4 hours, 45 minutes...

Yes I liked it. I think the original statement made that perfectly obvious.

I'll mainly talk about the negatives first before hitting the positives. But I'm still not sure of any of them, since I've only seen the movie once and need to think about it a bit more perhaps.

Spoilers for the ones still to see. And I mostly just ramble on, pay it no mind.

I'm one of those people that has condemned this pretrilogy...and indeed after the failures in TPM and AOTC, nothing can restore that. The prequels counted as a whole will remain a burden to the original. There are simply too many errors made in the last two, and nothing could save that, not even a great finale.

No true character formations are to be seen in the previous two, the actors act flat, with bad dialoque and there's really not much conflict between the members of the group. But I've also stated before that this had more to do with Lucas than the actors. He gave them their dialoque and told them how to 'act' (and certainly edited them).

Why am I bringing this up? Well, because if the chemistry was there in the previous two, in Revenge the Sith it would have paid of tremendously! Because it's now only one of the few weaknesses in this new movie left. Oh, yes, theres much more chemistry than in the previous two, but it has come a little too late so far in the storyline.

I'm one of those nitpickers. Not because I want to, but because it's almost inevitable in movies. Directors and writers are bound to make mistakes in there, accept the smaller, ridicule the bigger. And that's what attracted me to Star Wars in the first place. Sure, little technical mistakes here and there and what not more, but nothing that could really push you out of the fantasy. Star Wars had it all, drama, war, comedy, dialoque, atmosphere, characters, conflict, action, plot, reality, escapisme for some.

But let me tell you, there's not much to ridicule in this movie. THIS MOVIE WAS GREAT! I don't care what anyone else says. There are always people that want to maintain their emotions about these films. If the didn't like the previous ones, they will do their utmost best to ridicule this one completely. It they loved the previous ones, they will do their utmost best to love them. Well, I'm not like that thank god. I wanted to love the entire pretrilogy but I simply couldn't. Until this one.

This is the Star Wars we cared for. Once again we find drama in there, love, hate, plot, multiple storylines, et cetera et cetera.

And to my surprise, there was more?!

There's much more philosophy in here: ex. Anakin's struggly to save one by all means necessary causes the lives of everyone including the one he tried to save, AND including himself.

There's planning and character storylines and formations intertwine: The emperor again and again and again tries to stirr up emotions in Anakin so he'll do something in a hurry, and when one acts impulsively...well bad things can happen.

Finally we've got a new Star Wars that works on more than one level, it's multifacited, it has hidden messages, it tries to tell you something. Also, it feels a bit more mysterious, which to me is a plus as well.

These things when they work usually only happens in the better movies.

There are huge battlefields, but there are also personal duels. There are big storylines, but there are also smaller ones.

Everything is better, the dialoque, even the love scenes were'nt all that bad. I was actually surprised by this film. I truely enjoyed this movie.

But one of the most important things that could influence the classic trilogy in a very good way....is Anakin's sorrow and loss, his drama, his emotional torment, which he will bring along in episodes 4, 5 and 6. Suddenly, Darth Vader in this film and in the next chapters, is something much more than merely evil, he's now also become a sad figure, carrying a heavy burden of pain and loss. He tries to save all, but instead he feels he has failed and killed them all. He is insecure.

It always had the potential to do so, but I think it has succeeded in this. If you watch the next chapters" Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, and ESPECIALLY Return of the Jedi where Luke's screaming to Anakin for his help, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised and actually do feel sorry for Darth Vader and feel more for him in general, in stead of a mere 'wow what a cool guy'. That to me is the biggest plus this movie brings.

I saw the film at midnight last night in costume (lots of cheering)

Overall yes it's probably the best of the prequels but it still wasnt as good as I thought (hoped) it would be.

Pros-Music was used really well, most of the best cues are on the soundtrack, the only thing I want that wasnt on it is the extended BOTH music. Acting is improved slightly. Ewan McGregor stood out for me as being the best. CG work is really good, Grievous looked real, Yoda did sometimes. Best scene in the movie was the birth of the twins mixed with the Vader getting his armor, really great editing and the score helped tremendously. All the scenes following that I enjoyed.

Cons-Beginning of the movie has way too much humor in it. Right around the middle of the movie are just dead spots of acting scenes usually involving Anakin or Palpatine, usually both. Ian McDiarmid just seemed to be a bit too exaggerated in some scenes, his transformation was pretty good and I was repulsed by it. But immediately afterwards when he's talking to Anakin, his voice switches so many times it's laughable. Also Anakin's turn in that scene is mind-boggling, it made no sense. The fights were pretty good all around, I was really frustrated with Obi-Wan shooting Grievous(who was very underused). Anakin vs Obi-Wan I liked a lot but it didn't seem to be the "Longest duel in movie history" like it's been touted as. Worst lines in the movie for me were Anakin's "I hate you!" and I didn't like when James Earl Jones started screaming as Vader, sounded weird.

all i can think of right now

Max

Am I the only one who thinks Portman looked like shit in the "you're so beautiful" scene? Man, lighting and make-up seemed all messed up there, because she looks absolutely gorgeous in every other scene she's in.

Am I the only one who thinks Portman looked like shit in the "you're so beautiful" scene? Man, lighting and make-up seemed all messed up there, because she looks absolutely gorgeous in every other scene she's in.

No, you're right. I noticed that too.

Anyway, the main problems I had with the movies were:

1) The battles in the movie never built to anything. I mean there was alot of moments in the movie where you thought you were gonna get to watch a kick ass battle scene and then the movie just pulled away.This kept friggin happening and it pissed me off.

2) The acting. Although here it was improved over the previous two. I guess the actor actually had some real drama to work with this time.

3) The dialogue: Although like with the acting it eas better here as well. Primarily because Lucas kept the dialogue very basic and never tried to get to fancy.

4) The movie had to friggin cover so much ground in so little time because of all the time wasted in the first two movies where they could've developed the storyline.

Oh yeah and for a more minor bonus annoyance:

Franken-Vader!

You all know what I'm talking about! That horrible scene where Vader breaks out of the shackles and moves all ridiculous going "Noooooooo!". What should've been a emotional climax made me want to break out into laughter. I was expecting Palpatine to say "ITS ALLIIIIIIIIIVE!!!!!! ITS ALLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!!!" and lighting bolts coming down.

That was just pathetically done. Like first two prequels bad. Fortunately thank God it was the exception to the rule.

OH yeah and I also have a few other complaints about the film storyline-wise:

1) Anakins turn to the dark side: TOTALLY NOT REALISTIC AND POORLY DONE! It was worse than Anakin's turn back to the light side in ROTJ. I mean one minute hes telling Mace all about Palpys plans trying to help the Jedi out and then 5 minutes later hes killing Jedi Younglings? WTF!?!?!

I mean he became all upset after Mace died saying "what have I done". Ummmmmm dude you didn't kill him. He seemed to be all upset about killing Mace but then 5 seconds later he swears his eternal allegiance to evil? Ummmmmmmmmm OK. I am sorry the problem with this deal is that the two films wasted precious time that should've been spent covering Anakin's turn to the dark side. Here it just feels like BAM one minute you're a good natured Jedi and then BAM you're an evil Sith Lord and then BAM in an instant your back to being your good old Jedi self in ROTJ. I hate the way this series covers changes in morality. :music:

2) What was the deal with Palpatine losing to Mace? I thought Mace was less powerful than Yoda. Yet somehow Mace managed to beat Palpy and Palpy managed to beat Yoda. WTF was that about? I thought maybe Palpy was just pretending to lose to coax Anakin into attacking Mace, but that doesn't seem to work. Mace even managed to reflect his force lightning and I doubt Palpster would've left him do that. Mace managed to reflect the Force lightning but Yoda could not? WTF is that about? How did Palpy beat Yoda when Yoda is supposedly more powerful than Mace? MAkes no sense.

OH yeah and I also have a few other complaints about the film storyline-wise:  

1) Anakins turn to the dark side: TOTALLY NOT REALISTIC AND POORLY DONE! It was worse than Anakin's turn back to the light side in ROTJ. I mean one minute hes telling Mace all about Palpys plans trying to help the Jedi out and then 5 minutes later hes killing Jedi Younglings? WTF!?!?!

I mean he became all upset after Mace died saying "what have I done". Ummmmmm dude you didn't kill him. He seemed to be all upset about killing Mace but then 5 seconds later he swears his eternal allegiance to evil? Ummmmmmmmmm OK. I am sorry the problem with this deal is that the two films wasted precious time that should've been spent covering Anakin's turn to the dark side. Here it just feels like BAM one minute you're a good natured Jedi and then BAM you're an evil Sith Lord and then BAM in an instant your back to being your good old Jedi self in ROTJ. I hate the way this series covers changes in morality. :music:

2) What was the deal with Palpatine losing to Mace? I thought Mace was less powerful than Yoda. Yet somehow Mace managed to beat Palpy and Palpy managed to beat Yoda. WTF was that about? I thought maybe Palpy was just pretending to lose to coax Anakin into attacking Mace, but that doesn't seem to work. Mace even managed to reflect his force lightning and I doubt Palpster would've left him do that. Mace managed to reflect the Force lightning but Yoda could not? WTF is that about? How did Palpy beat Yoda when Yoda is supposedly more powerful than Mace? MAkes no sense.

Windu had his lightsaber out already, Yoda didn't. And Windu was more powerful than Yoda in terms of sheer force - Anakin reveals this in AOTC when he says he wants to be as wise as Yoda and as powerful as Windu.

The fact that Yoda falls to the first Force lightning is significant. He's fallible. And, he underestimated the Emperor. We all know how he passes on that knowledge.

More comments to come, but just wanted to respond to those points.

***SPOILERS a plenty***

Well im still not sure if i think that this SW movie is the best of all, but surely, it has been the most touching and it moisted my eyes.

Well the crew at the cinema played evil jokes like turning off the sound at the middle of the 20 FOX fanfare and and then in the middle of the title crawl. I could have kill someone at that moment.

Well, One thing is for sure, i will never hear a score before the film and try to be less spoiled. I felt like i had already seen everything and with the score, as i suspected, i imagined the music went for other scenes.

Here with the dubbing, the love dialogue doesnt sound bad, but sidious voice is strange a shame in the prequels it has not been like the ROTJ one :nod: (Thank good Darth Vader has).

Im dissapointed because:

I missed the Millenium Falcon :(

Qui gon doesnt appear (or is heard)

I expected the opening battle to last more (i now see they may have been refering to the whole conflict, dooku included) with other jedi in fighters and something, like in the clone wars cartoons last scene. I think the sound jokes made me feel bad so i not enjoyed it all.

Kasshyk battle too short.

ESB music in the Yoda fight. I expected anakin to throw things to obi wan.

Republic cruisers landed? Come on, the ones in AOTC were troop transports but these...

There is no mention of Anakin's desire (or at elast padme saying it would have been anakin's desire) to give his saber to luke. We just see obi wan retrieving it. The damned old man is a master liar. (or has a peculiar point of view)

I like:

The CGI. The clones (except in some of the scenes when they dont wear helmet) are people. They look astounding. Yoda Rules. Every planet rules. Boga too (great birdlike creature) - best beast ridding i have ever seen.

I find anakin's motivations to join the dark side enough, anyway, we still se some good in him, as he griefs on Mustafar (the crying shot). His love of padme make him do so. Remember he said we would never let anyone die if he could help it. And what i think is than Palpatine (friggin' bastard) may even be lying about the possibility of creating like or preserving it.

Jedi purge. It's full of emotion, thanks Williams, the children part is so sad, i had raspy throat everytime they mentioned them.

Binary sunset at the end. it made me cry, yet the images were not something new. Thakns again John.

They didnt use month (or more) old babies. These looked just a little big to be newborns.

I need a full release of this score soon.

I need more viewings, but it may end 1st i'm my ratelist battling with ROTJ.

In my opinion there is so much great music unreleased. Great fanfares that sound OT. Great force theme variations. Grievous theme complete (grievous speaks with lord sidious)

I havent read it here i think. The confederacy march, is 'mis' used (and looped :roll: ) in the scene where Vader goes to the Temple with the clones. Misused like the use of the federation march in Kamino...

Anyone notice that Palpatine's shuttle shot of it arriving to mustafar (or coruscant) in the trailer, is not in the movie?

Rogue, palpy is clearly waiting for anakin in the Mace duel. See he said he was tired but he throwed a great flow of rays towards mace to kill him. Yoda is not hurt by his 1st strike of rays. Mace blocks the rays with his saber, and ends exhausted, Yoda later blocks them with his bare hands and directs the energy to palpy giving him a great punch.

A bunch of shots are out there that didn't make it into the film -

Above mentioned Emperor's shuttle shot

Anakin walking down a hallway from right to left on Mustafar just before he kills the Seps

Obi Wan and Ani coming out of the elevator on the bridge of GG's ship is shorter in the movie - in the Trivial Pursuit footage Obi sees Palp and says "The Chancellor" before they walk to him

There are shots from the scene where Padme was to present Palpatine with a Petition to step down that are floating around (from a making of doc)

And of course the shots of Vader in the suit on the operating table with his hands up were altered so his hands are at his sides now

That's all I can think of at the moment, I'll add more if I think of any

Just a question. Do the droids speak more childish in this movie? They sounded like jawas here. It was a letdown for me. Too 'funny'

My two cents about Vader's 1st step.

The feet platform is long i think, as long as vaders feet or more. try to leave one thing like that, that is furthermore about 20 cemtimeters from the ground.

Ah, and it is the 1st time you use your new legs.

Anyway i think it may be a nod to frankestein, which lets face It, it's what Darth Vader is...