ROTS chronological

jamesluckard

For the record, in case anyone was curious, I AM putting together a comprehensive score breakdown/analysis along the lines of what I did for AOTC. Expect it soon.

Awesome! Thanks.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record, in case anyone was curious, I AM putting together a comprehensive score breakdown/analysis along the lines of what I did for AOTC. Expect it soon.

Are we to expect this one under the pseudonym John Rakis as well? ;)

Something is off about Padme's Funeral cue.It seems that it was not composed to go in this scene.Why is there a swelling version of the Force theme as we see a Star Destroyer in space and cut to the view of the death star in construction?

Do you have any other ideas? Remember, this cue also features the Imperial March at the end. You could say it was meant to underscore Padme's death and the birth of Vader, but that would place the "swelling" version of the Force theme in Vader's fit of rage, which doesn't work either.

Something is off about Padme's Funeral cue.It seems that it was not composed to go in this scene.Why is there a swelling version of the Force theme as we see a Star Destroyer in space and cut to the view of the death star in construction?

Do you have any other ideas? Remember, this cue also features the Imperial March at the end. You could say it was meant to underscore Padme's death and the birth of Vader, but that would place the "swelling" version of the Force theme in Vader's fit of rage, which doesn't work either.

It may have been an alternate Padme's Death,which ended up in the funeral scene.The Force Theme might have underscored Vader's fit of rage since he's using the Force because he's sad Padme is dead.Now where it's used(Star Destroyer shot plus Vader walking around),makes no sense.

Or cuts were made at the last moment.Maybe a shot of ObiWan or Yoda was there before,THEN cut to the Star Destroyer bridge.

K.M.

Any news?

Oh... uh... crap. One moment, please. :)

DISC 1

01. 20th CENTURY FOX FANFARE

TPM UE CD 1 01 all

02. STAR WARS MAIN TITLE/BATTLE OF CORUSCANT/THE ELEVATOR SCENE

OST 01 all

03. OBI-WAN'S OFFENSIVE (or something)

GAL mus_wookiee_quest_accept 0:11-end (I guess this is the end of 1M4a "Get 'Em, R2!" Not in order, but I don't feel like editing that megatrack before this.)

04. GRIEVOUS AND THE DROIDS

OST 07 all

05. ANOTHER HAPPY LANDING

GAL mus_wookiee_quest_success 0:20-end (fake beginning with reversal and reverb)

06. GRIEVOUS SPEAKS TO LORD SIDIOUS/ANAKIN'S DREAM

OST 13 0:00-1:51

mix OST 02 all

07. COUNCIL APPOINTMENT

OST 06 2:27-3:13

08. ANAKIN AND OBI-WAN CONFER

GAL mus_kashyyyk_rodian_safari 0:00-0:33

OST 06 3:14-end

09. PALPATINE'S TEACHINGS

OST 06 0:00-1:38

mix GAL mus_kashyyyk_droid_cave all (This cue is a mess. It's like "Palpatine's TV Set" overdubbed with music from Obi-Wan's cave climbing and Anakin and Padme's conversation. Whatever. I'm just sticking it onto "Palpatine's TV Set" because the cue is otherwise just too boring.)

10. OBI-WAN'S DEPARTURE (ALTERNATIVE)

GAL mus_rodian_quest_success 0:00-0:23 (This is the ORIGINAL version of the cue, with the Force theme one being a rescoring. I can hear the same little motif used in this cue in the scene where Obi-Wan is talking with Commander Cody. Then it suddenly cuts to the second phrase of the Force theme. Hence, this is the original.)

11. ARRIVAL AT UTAPAU/SPYING ON GRIEVOUS

GAL mus_trandoshan_quest_accept all

mix OST 05 0:00-1:24

12. GRIEVOUS ATTACKS

GAL mus_wookiee_quest_fail all

mix GAL mus_avatar_platform_final 0:06

mix/paste OST 01 4:46-5:21

mix/paste GAL mus_avatar_platform_final 0:58-end

13. PALPATINE'S SEDUCTION/ROLLING WITH GRIEVOUS

OST 06 1:37-2:30

mix/paste GAL mus_kashyyyk_ryratt_trail all

mix OST 05 1:24-end (Remove the ending loop of "Rolling with Grievous" if you wish. I don't want to deal with it!)

14. ANAKIN'S NEWS

GAL mus_kashyyyk_rodian_safari 1:50-end

15. PADMÉ'S RUMINATIONS/MURDER MISSION

OST 08 all

16. LAMENT

OST 04 0:00-2:51

mix/paste GAL mus_kashyyyk_elders_hut 0:00-0:25

mix/paste OST 04 2:52-end

DISC 2

1. ENTER LORD VADER

OST 11 all

2. ANAKIN'S DARK DEEDS/IT CAN'T BE

OST 10 all

3. PADMÉ LEAVES FOR MUSTAFAR

OST 13 1:51-end

4. REUNION WITH ANAKIN

GAL mus_rodian_quest_accept all

5. OBI-WAN VS. VADER/YODA VS. SIDIOUS

OST 09 all

mix TPM OST 02 0:38-2:03

mix/paste TPM OST 02 3:06-3:33

mix/paste TPM OST 02 4:08-end

mix mus_rodian_quest_fail all

6. BATTLE OF THE HEROES

OST 03 all

7. THE IMMOLATION SCENE/ANAKIN CRAWLING

OST 12 all

mix mus_kashyyyk_dead_forest 0:29-end (fake beginning with reversal and reverb)

8. THE BIRTH OF THE TWINS/PADMÉ'S DESTINY

OST 14 all

9. MEMORY WIPE

GAL mus_trandoshan_quest_success 0:20-0:30

10. A NEW HOPE/END CREDITS

OST 15 all

11. ANAKIN'S DARK DEEDS/(ALTERNATIVE)

OST 10 0:00-0:44

mix/paste GAL mus_avatar_platform_final 0:16-0:34

mix/paste OST 10 1:03-1:22

mix/paste GAL mus_avatar_platform_final 0:42-0:58

mix/paste OST 10 1:38-2:14

12. BATTLE OF THE HEROES (RADIO EDIT)

TARGET bonus download

13. JOHN WILLIAMS INTERVIEW

WAL*MART bonus download

14. ENDLESSLY COMPELLING: THE MUSIC OF EPISODE III

Audio recording of "Endlessly Compelling: The Music of Episode III" (Hyperspace video)

03. OBI-WAN'S OFFENSIVE (or something)  

GAL mus_wookiee_quest_accept 0:11-end (I guess this is the end of 1M4a "Get 'Em, R2!" Not in order, but I don't feel like editing that megatrack before this.)

I assume this goes right before the Grievous bit, doesn't it? (the one that's tracked later on in the film). Or after?

I'm not sure if it's right, but I put "Get 'em, R2!" after the Grievous part in Track 1 and then left "The Elevator Scene" as a separate track. This makes for a MUCH smoother edit than replacing the Grievous part (like before). Even if it's wrong, I'm gonna leave it this way because it works so well.

But Cerrabore, did you mean to leave that Grievous bit from Track 1 in there twice? I thought about taking it out of "Grievous Attacks" (if it is indeed tracked there), but I decided that edit wouldn't sound very good. I think I'll just leave it like it is. Besides, it's such a cool little cue, I don't mind listening to it twice. :P

Question:

The elevator scene is Obi-R2 one or the Obi-Ani-Palpy one? Because musically it seems the later, like if a ship is falling and there is tension...

It's the Anakin-Obi-R2 one, on the cue sheet it's before the Dooku duel.

I'm not sure if it's right, but I put "Get 'em, R2!" after the Grievous part in Track 1 and then left "The Elevator Scene" as a separate track. This makes for a MUCH smoother edit than replacing the Grievous part (like before). Even if it's wrong, I'm gonna leave it this way because it works so well.

The Grievous part is part of "The Elevator Scene." Fifty seconds have been deleted from the album. If you look at the cue sheet, they have to be the same cue. The correct edit would be to place the bit from "Get 'em, R2!" at 4:46 of Track 1, then make "The Elevator Scene" (which starts with the Grievous part) the next track. But man, that's some bad editing there.

But Cerrabore, did you mean to leave that Grievous bit from Track 1 in there twice? I thought about taking it out of "Grievous Attacks" (if it is indeed tracked there), but I decided that edit wouldn't sound very good. I think I'll just leave it like it is. Besides, it's such a cool little cue, I don't mind listening to it twice.

Yeah. Those little cues are no fun to listen to on their own (besides, they were mixed with "Anakin's Dark Deeds" and making clean endings/beginnings would have been hard).

The Grievous part is part of "The Elevator Scene." Fifty seconds have been deleted from the album. If you look at the cue sheet, they have to be the same cue. The correct edit would be to place the bit from "Get 'em, R2!" at 4:46 of Track 1, then make "The Elevator Scene" (which starts with the Grievous part) the next track. But man, that's some bad editing there.

Ah, okay. Now I get it. But I think I'll stick with the way I have it now. It seems like the best way to incorporate that extra music without any bad edits (and without making that track any longer).

The elevator scene music has nothing to do with the movie :) I'll check it for sure but really, that scene is more comical than tense.... (i wonder why it was dropped...) <- OMG i said that! j/k ;)

UPDATE: I checked it and matches, the R2 parts do not since the tense music does not fit there but the obi-anakin do :P and it ends when they arrive to the top of the tower.

Ah, okay. Now I get it. But I think I'll stick with the way I have it now. It seems like the best way to incorporate that extra music without any bad edits (and without making that track any longer).

But why would you split up a cue (Elevator Scene) with music that doesn't belong when you could simply put the music somewhere else?

But why would you split up a cue (Elevator Scene) with music that doesn't belong when you could simply put the music somewhere else?

Like I said, I didn't realize it was one cue until you pointed it out. It's basically two cues in one. That little silence separates two very different pieces, so I don't mind splitting them up. And this puts the extra music closer to where it should go. The way I have it is most pleasing to my ears, but to each his own! I like the latter section of "The Elevator Scene" a lot and I like to listen to it on its own sometimes. This way I don't have to slide that little iPod dial to a certain spot every time I want to hear it. It's just personal preference.

When do you think you'll post it? Just curious.

Star Wars Galaxies: Rage of the Wookiees.

How do you get the music from the game? I have the Total Experience Pack and I can't find the music files anywhere.