Goldsmith Brosse Concert Live Webcast

Saxbabe

http://www.musicfromthemovies.com/article.asp?ID=495

On 11 May, Orchestre de la Suisse Romande will perform the legendary Jerry Goldsmith's film music in concert. The event takes place at Victoria Hall in Geneva at 8:00pm local time. The concert will be broadcast live over the internet by Suisse Romande Radio Espace 2. Follow the links below!

The programme is set to include music from, among other works, Planet of the Apes, Star Trek, Masada, Forever Young and Looney Tunes. Dirk Brossé conducts and Jean-Philippe Rapp guides the audience through the concert.

(In French)

Started at 1pm central time here. In case, anyone wanted to tune in! :mrgreen:

Link to RealAudio Stream: http://real.xobix.ch/live/rsr2.ram

Greta

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I was there, live. Unfortunately I was not able to record it. Does someone have a recording? Would be nice to hear it again!

Thanks.

Hey, I was there, live. Unfortunately I was not able to record it. Does someone have a recording? Would be nice to hear it again!

Thanks.

Check out the messageboard www.jerrygoldsmithonline.com. At least one person recorded it.

Thanks for the tip, have most of it now, few parts are missing.

Very good concert!

D'oh! I recorded it. Since my player (Kaffeine) wouldn't let me save the stream (said it's copyright-protected), I changed the audio output device to "disk" and it saved the entire thing to my HD. Of course, I couldn't listen to it that way while it was still streaming. I briefly checked the 1.6 GB file after recording, and it was fine - perfect 1:1 recording. A few minutes ago, I wanted to burn it. Turned out that I had forgotten to re-set the audio device, and when I briefly started Kaffeine today to view a video it replaced the whole file!!

Marian - banghead

:thumbup: The Great Escape (Elmer Bernstein)