The Guess the Screenshot game

Alright, here's something to tide you over.

The rules are simple.

- A user will post a screenshot from a movie

- All other users may guess the name of the film

- First one who gets the right answer may post a new screenshot

- And so on.

- A direct screengrab is preferable, although stills are also acceptable. Screenshots should be untouched, so no small areas of a frame, or color changes or stuff like that

- Not a must, but if you find a screenshot online, it's handy to first download it, then rename it into something not associated with the film in question and then upload it back to a PhotoBucket account or ImageShack, so that people won't be able to guess the name of the film by checking the file's properties.

I'll start:

rara.jpg

- Marc

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you should change the small frame rule. Seriously...your M:I shot was way too easy. I've done this on another message board and we used the small shots like the one I posted of Rambo. It's more challenging that way. You could've gotten away with Tom's hand holding Jean's wrist, with the knife. The knife is a well-known object in the movie, so we would've known probably.

What scene? Have you even seen the film?

Justin - Who does not remember the horse muppet thing from TMP.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail of course. Sir Robin's legendary confrontation with the Three Headed Knight. He reportedly managed to avoid soiling himself.

John- who must now search for a screengrab...

EDIT- OK, this one shouldn't be too tough.

1.jpg

Or is it? :wave:

I seem to remember reading that picture is original artwork for Raiders of the Lost Ark by artist Ralph McQuarrie, but in the film, it appears like this:

book.jpg

Hmm...

- Marc, :P

Well, Ralph McQuarrie did the drawing for Raiders, but when and where the other screencap comes from I don't know. Young Indy perhaps?

FrameGrab1.jpg

Ah yes, I see it now.

Although, it's not a complet screenshot. By that 'logic' what is this from?

guess_what.jpg

Justin - Who complements Mr. B on thinking "outside the frame" :P (Alex may burn in Gre'thor. :wave:)

Justin - Who complements Mr. B on thinking "outside the frame"  (Alex may burn in Gre'thor. )

What?! I also thought "outside the frame". And I'm not even a Trekkie!

BTW, the robe is diffrent in those two pictures...

No, it's not.

themotionpicture117.jpg

Imagine the cloak of the dude on the far left obscuring the right hand (viewer's left) side of his garment.

Alright then smart guy...What's this from.

guess_again.jpg

Justin - Desperatly trying to regain his 'honor among nerds' but feels like he's just making the hole deeper. :wave: