The Guess the Screenshot game

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I can't believe how easy it's the second pic! It's a movie scored by John Williams, from 1982, so it's clearly Monsignor, althought you obviously mispelled the file name, which is erroneously "et2.jpg". :)

Mirko - who lies, cheats and steals.

How does one take screen grabs off of a DVD? I have a player on my computer and have been trying to figure it out. I could come up with some really awesome screenshots. Sigh....

Justin - Who has to settle for scouring the internet like some sort of scavenger....

Used to be that you could just press Print Screen and then open up an imaging program like paint and press ctrl+v to paste it but it doesn't work anymore with most modern dvd player programs.

So I've not answered your question :)

Max

That was about as hard as Neil posting Star Trek: The Motion Picture. :sleepy:

Indeed.

Or me posting Indiana Jones. :(

I try, but people just complain at how simple they are. :(

I'm sorry for my sarcasm, but there was clearly ET in your pic, I thought you posted that as a joke. It was too easy to be true.

Personally I dont think the last one's FIRST KNIGHT. Wasn't it ablaze that far out into the sea? I may be mistaken.

Waking Ned if I am correct.

You are.

All toooo easy.

Perhaps, but how could I NOT have posted that pic?

Marian - LOL

So you like posting pictures of naked old men, do you? :mrgreen::)

It is the the End of First Knight. The "ship" is light by a burning arrow, which you can see on the picture, if you look very closely! After the arrow hits the boat, it starts burning like hell.

Wonderfull music in this scene BTW.

Guess it's my turn, folks. ;)

I don't know how to take screenshots in proper dimensions, so I just use the "press C to catch picture" in PowerDVD and pasted in Paint, so thery're not in the correct size.

Should be easy anyways. ;)

First pic (I wanna that door! :D ):

removed

Second pic:

number22bb.jpg

Third pic:

number38ti.jpg

You win nothing, just fortune and glory. LOL

Second one is Cast Away. Third one is The Exorcist.

Is the second one Bad Boys II?

You should set PowerDVD to capture in "current video format." That way, anamorphic transfers will appear as widescreen images when you paste them into an image program.

Damn...I knwe they were too easy... :oops:

Marc got them all. :D

Is the second one Bad Boys II?

First one. ;)

You should set PowerDVD to capture in "current video format." That way, anamorphic transfers will appear as widescreen images when you paste them into an image program.

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind for the next time.

BTW, for The Exorcist, I wanted to take a screen from a little metro scene, but I thought it was too hard...that ladder was too easy.

Same for Cast Away. There are a lot of wonderful landscapes, and I was about to take a screen from the ship that rescue Chuck, but those containers were too ugly. I preferred the one I took. ;)

It was THAT bad it had to be taken off. 150 minutes of sheer boredom. The English Patient had more excitement.