The Guess the Screenshot game

Of the three guesses so far, Marian's was actually closest.

So... it's probably 1) something that plays in New York or 2) a musical or 3) something from the 60s...

1) Most of the movie does, but this particular scene takes place in Detroit.

2) Yes.

3) No, but it's set in the 1960s.

- Marc, who was mostly referring to option 2.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So... it's probably 1) something that plays in New York or 2) a musical or 3) something from the 60s...

1) Most of the movie does, but this particular scene takes place in Detroit.

2) Yes.

3) No, but it's set in the 1960s.

- Marc, who was mostly referring to option 2.

Nonetheless this is the end of my wisdom. Got one lined up again already, but I'll wait for one of the outstanding batches to be completed first.

Correct. Hitch's guessing of Murphy was far too quick... I was hoping I'd have to post a second screenshot, it would have tied it nicely to Hitch's (partially still unsolved) screenshots above):

screenshot_23_2.png

(Do not try to guess this one, it's just an alternate for 28DL)

The unsolved picture. The butler didn't have much "butlering" to do in this one.

sc02.jpg

Here's another to wet your appetites. Nice gratuitous ass shot...if I may say so myself.

sc10.jpg

As far as I can tell, it's two black guys climbing over that fence. Can't make out their faces though, and the odd texture of the buildings (?) on the right doesn't help me either.

I think Two Black Guys Climbing Over Fence came out in the 70s during the height of explotation. Decent flick, sub-par acting, though well written.

I don't know them or remember them (well, I have Tap, but I have to re-watch it, don't remember the details). But for some reason, the first one, or perhaps the fact that Morlock posted it, made me think of the Coens, so I'll just guess The Man Who Wasn't There? I pretty much remember nothing from that movie; I want to see it again but at the same time remember it had such a feeling of uneasiness about it that I don't really want to watch it.

Jamesyboy is correct about #2 and #4. #1 is not The Man Who Wasn't There. Hint: The majority of this movie was not in B&W.

No. Good guess, though (not because it's close, but because I'm not sure I would have remembered the B&W-to-color change in CR).

It wouldn't rule out Oz, as I said that most of this film was not B&W. However, I doubt that kind of phone made it Kansas back in 1939 :o

It wouldn't rule out Oz, as I said that most of this film was not B&W. However, I doubt that kind of phone made it Kansas back in 1939 ;)

Plus, there are no hotel used in that film :o

Jamesyboy - this screenshot is nagging at me!

I'm trying to think of hints that won't give the game away...one I can give is that the film in question was not scripted.

I've seen Eastern Promises, but I barely remember the screenshot even know that I've read about it.

It occurs relatively early on in the film, when the police find the body that Mortensen...took care of in the barbershop.

Yes, I figured that much.

Haven't seen it (I'm seriously ignorant about nearly everything by Jarmusch), but could it be Coffee and Cigarettes?

It doesn't look like anyone's going to guess Hitch's.

It is not Coffee and Cigarettes (wonderful movie, particularly the Tom Waits/Iggy Pop and Alfred Molina/Steve Coogan bits). I believe the film was entirely in B&W.

CE3K is correct.

I think you can at least list a few more. As I said, some are all too easy (because I couldn't find a more difficult shot, or because I thought the more difficult ones would be too hard).

Nearly all of those look familiar. I'll guess a few of them:

3. Captain Blood? Or maybe The Sea Hawk.

9. Jaws

13. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

15. The Return of the King

19. Raiders of the Lost Ark

25. The Usual Suspects

3. Captain Blood? Or maybe The Sea Hawk.

Make up your mind. At least one of the movies has a screenshot up. And the name of the ship is a giveaway.

9. Jaws

13. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

15. The Return of the King

19. Raiders of the Lost Ark

25. The Usual Suspects

All correct.

11. Hook

Correct.

14. King Kong? The Lost World?

Make up your mind. :) Only one of them has a screenshot up.

16. Cutthroat Island?

There's no screenshot for that one.

03. screenshot_ships_03.png

That's Captain Blood, because the vessel on the right is the Arabella. Is number 18 from The Bounty (the one with Mel Gibson)? I've seen the replica ship in Sydney harbour and it looks familiar.

For someone from a landlocked country, you've sure come up with a lot of ships.