The Guess the Screenshot game

Isn't the third piccy from one of the Scary Movies?

First one.....Braveheart?

No and No :cool:

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hint No.1: 2 screenshots are from the same director while the other is a spoof of a 1992 cult classic.

You chose....poorly. Incorrect.

Hint No 2: Your instincts could be fatally wounded by one of the pictures.

Bravo! One down...two to go.

Hint No.3: In Picture one, the lean actor in the background had 3 brief encounters with Marlon Brando.

Ok...Hint No:4: the composer who scored these movies won an Oscar for one of them. Try lifting the lid of that jar!!

So it's three movies by the same composer, two by the same director, and at least one of them is farily recent... and I still have no clue.

If I'm following this correctly, and one of the films is "Fatal Instinct," according to IMDb the composer is Richard Gibbs... who doesn't seem to have ever won an Oscar for anything.

No guys...we're talking about the 2 pictures that have yet to be identified. Picture No 2 was correctly answered as FATAL INSTINCT so that leaves Pics 1 and 3. Sorry if I was misleading in any way.

Hint No.1: 2 screenshots are from the same director

Hint No.2: (Was correctly answered)

Hint No.3: In Picture one, the lean actor in the background had 3 brief encounters with Marlon Brando.

Hint No.4: The composer who scored these movies (the 2 that have yet to be guessed) won an Oscar for one of them. Try lifting the lid off that jar!!

Hint No.5: The Irishman's back passage was sore after all that hot curry. Think location, location, location.

A Passage to India, which leaves Ryan's Daughter as the only Lean/Jarre collaboration that did NOT win Jarre an Oscar. Although I don't get the Brando hint... but then, I'm afraid I've never seen a Lean movie yet. (...and I *knew* the "lean" was a pun... I just didn't believe I was right...)

Well done to Marian and to Pixie for correctly guessing my screenshots.....at long last :thumbup:

The "lean" actor was Trevor Howard who played the priest in "Ryan's Daughter". He starred in "Brief Encounter" also directed by David Lean. His 3 encounters with Marlon Brando were in the movies "Mutiny on the Bounty", "Morituri" and "Superman the Movie".

"Any attempt by you to create a climate of fear and panic among the populace must be deemed by us an act of insurrection".

Sorry for the cryptic clues but it makes it more fun.

• 2 weeks later...

I was gonna suggest WarGames to Maglofin's pic but I may be wrong.

That helicopter shot looks very familiar. I know it's not Local Hero. Give us a small but subtle hint. Bitte.

That helicopter shot looks very familiar. I know it's not Local Hero. Give us a small but subtle hint. Bitte.

It's somewhat local for you though.

If that doesn't help, I'll post another picture.