John Williams: The Comic Strip

The mp3 blog Fluxflog.org invited me to do a guest comic a few weeks ago. So I decided do a comic-strip interview with the artist who rocked my world the most as a lad -- Mr. John Williams.

Well, sort of:

John and Yoko

I'm a huge fan (and a long-time lurker at JWFan.net), and I must admit: I have no idea how you're going to react to this. But I thought you'd like to know.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's freakin HILARIOUS. LOL!

Do you really like Yoko Kanno that much or is it an attack? I sort of like some of her stuff, but not really. I was scoring a DVD and they asked me to do Yoko Kano style. I decided to do Williams style instead. They rejected it. Ever since Yoko and John have been sort of at odds in my mind.

Do you really like Yoko Kanno that much or is it an attack?

It's certainly not an attack. Kanno's this kind of ridiculously versatile genius. But I love the Williams, too. I'm an omnivore.

Really, really glad you guys are enjoying the strip.

I'm adding a few more :)bowdownbowdown to Joe's comment.

The next time I go to a Williams concert, I will expect him to yell, "ARE YOU READY FOR SOME LEITMOTIF??!!?"

And I'd never heard about the "comparison" to "Spoonful of Sugar." But I get it and it's freakin' hilarious.

"ARE YOU READY FOR SOME LEITMOTIF??!!?"  

The funniest part!! :) Also, I never realized the Imperial March/Spoonful of Sugar connection before, but I totally hear it now. Well done!

Ray Barnsbury

Man, that is some funny, FUNNY stuff. :thumbup:

I love the little nutty looking JW head! Dude, it was all hilarious, but this part...

The maestro's a little slower these days, but he's still hip. In fact, he had just trashed his hotel room in ways that made Elfman and Morricone look like milkmaids.

LOL ROTFLMAO

Awesome. (Enjoyed your site too!)

Greta

It would be a bit strange to see the woman take their tops off at a JW concert...

Tim - hmmmm....

Actually...now that you mention it, I see in the leitmotif scene those are panties on the stage... :thumbup:

(Like, Tom Jones. LOL )

Greta - Who never thought he would be worth wasting a good pair of underwear on.

The mp3 blog Fluxflog.org invited me to do a guest comic a few weeks ago. So I decided do a comic-strip interview with the artist who rocked my world the most as a lad -- Mr. John Williams.  

Well, sort of:

John and Yoko

I'm a huge fan (and a long-time lurker at JWFan.net), and I must admit: I have no idea how you're going to react to this. But I thought you'd like to know.

M.E. showed to this to me and I laughed my @$$ off. As a fellow cartoonist, I like his style, and the little hidden jokes in the drawings themselves really make it great.

Hey Mr Russell - I read your comic strip and I love it! 8O Thank you so much for sharing it with us - I can really feel the love that went into it and your visual style is great. Well done! Any chance of a sequel? ;)

CYPHER

Any chance of a sequel? ROTFLMAO

I expect that we haven't seen the last of Alternate-Universe John Williams.

Maybe he should get in a bar-fight with Alternate-Universe James Horner.