Rank the Star Wars Movies!

Greg1138

Go on then....now that it's all over (apologies if you haven't seen it yet - join in later!!!) what order do you put them in from best to worst?

I'm-a-gonna say....

1) Empire Strikes Back

2) Star Wars

3) Revenge of the Sith

4) Attack of the Clones

5) Return of the Jedi

6) Phantom Menace

I know some critics have gushed over ROTS - one even dared to say it topped ESB (!) - but I still think Empire and the original one that sparked it all just have the edge...

:nod:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, let me be the first (remember, it's just my opinion):

1. Revenge of the Sith

2. Star Wars. A New Hope

3. Attack of the Clones

4. The Phantom Menace

5. Return of the Jedi

6. The Empire Strikes Back

i'm shocked for today's film :nod::D:D

Well, it's always been there in my lists. More important is the fact that "Revenge of the Sith" has become my favorite Star Wars movie. I didn't expect it to be so good :nod:

1) Star Wars

2) The Empire strikes Back

3) Revenge of the Sith

4) Return of the Jedi (because of the confrontation scene)

5) The Phantom Menace (it has the best saber fighting)

6) Attack of the Clones (there's no heart in it)

Star Wars

Empires Strikes Back

Return of the Jedi

TPM

AOTC

I won't see ROTS for several more days.

1) The Empire strikes Back

2) Star Wars (I instinctually know this is the purer movie, and deep down, the better movie, but Empire is just so well crafted, and so good, and concidering it's a sequel, it's a pure miracle how good it is, and totaly unique in the history of film)

3) Return of the Jedi (I'm seeing more and more inherent flaws in the film each time, but the film still has power in it. I love the Tatooine stuff, and two of the three fronts in the final battle (Lando's and Luke's, not the events on Endor)

4) Revenge of the Sith

5) The Phantom Menace

6) Attack of the Clones

Star Wars

Empires Strikes Back

Return of the Jedi

TPM

AOTC

Let us know - given your list as it stands I'd be intrigued to see where you put ROTS....

Greg :nod:

The Empire Strikes Back

Star Wars

Revenge of the Sith

Return of the Jedi

The Phantom Menace (I dunno why, I just feel TPM is the better movie..... for some odd reason...)

Attack of the Clones

Star Wars

Empires Strikes Back

Return of the Jedi

TPM

AOTC

Let us know - given your list as it stands I'd be intrigued to see where you put ROTS....

Greg :(

Given that me and Joe kinda think alike (:nod:) what Star Wars is concerning I guess he'll put ROTS in third place (;)).

Revenge of The Sith

Phantom Menace

Attack of The Clones

Return of The Jedi

A New Hope

Empire Strikes Back

...flame me :music:

Empire Strikes Back

Star Wars

Return of the Jedi

Revenge of the Sith

Attack of the Clones

Phantom Menace

- Adam

For me it is

The Empire Strikes Back

Star Wars

Return Of The Jedi

Revenge Of The Sith

The Phantom Menace

Attack Of The Clones

It's hard for me to judge at this point (ROTS has barely soaked in yet), but I'd say it's something like this:

The Empire Strikes Back

A New Hope

Revenge of the Sith

Attack of the Clones

Return of the Jedi

The Phantom Menace

Revenge of The Sith

Phantom Menace

Attack of The Clones

Return of The Jedi

A New Hope

Empire Strikes Back

zero credibility, there is no way anyone can take anything you say seriously

Revenge of The Sith

Phantom Menace

Attack of The Clones

Return of The Jedi

A New Hope

Empire Strikes Back

8O

K.M. :)

Anticipated K.M.list:

1-Empire Strikes Back

2-Star Wars

3-Revenge of the Sith

4-Phantom Menace

5-Return of the Jedi

6-Attack of the Clones

May be Edited

K.M.

1. The Empire Strikes Back (A K.C. masterpiece of science fiction fantasy)

2. Return of the Jedi (As someone mentioned before, just for the fantastic ending of the palpatine/luke/vader story and endor space battle, the other stuff could go)

3. Star Wars

and this is where it gets difficult...it's like asking me to rank the Death Wish movies...or rank my bowl movements over the past week...i just don't know where to begin...i guess for now its

4. BattleField Earth (Yeah, better than the prequels, which just says everything..."Crap lousy ceiling!")

5. Revenge of the Sith ("NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" me and my gf at the theater were cracking up at that, though the last 3 minutes actually produced some emotion in me, which is what elevates it beyond the other two I suppose (ofcourse you could just give the ending credit to John's scoring finally coming back to life alittle)

6. Attack of the Clones (Its just as bad as Phantom, but it didn't have as much jar jar)

7. The Phantom Menace (Truely horrible, will never forget how crushed i was my this smut)

Frankly, i don't watch the prequels accept to make fun of them with my friends, I saw ROTS today and wasn't surprised at how horrific it was....i think of them as expanded universe stuff, it can't be "Star Wars" to me...but hey, its not my franchise...i just enjoy the first three and leave the others for people who enjoy them...

and what was up with Padme naming those kids...it was like drive through birthing

Obi Wan: "Okay first one"

Padme: "Um, Luke"

Obi Wan: "Next!"

Padme: "Leia!"

Obi Wan: "HEADS UP!"

Padme: "Milton!"

Obi Wan: "ANOTHER ONE!"

Padme: "Bertha!"

god what a movie

"NOOOOOO!!! LOST ANOTHER LONE TO DI-TECH!!"- Darth Vader

I'm going to grade the films as I list them.

1) Star Wars (100%)

2) Empire (99%)

3) Sith (95%)

4) Clones (75%)

5) Jedi (70%)

6) Menace (60%)

Jedi is such a predictable film, and is far too plodding and ham-fisted to score more highly. Plus Harrison Ford all but murders Solo! The last 40 minutes, however, are wonderful thanks to Ian McDiarmid. Clones is by no means a great film, and doesn't come close to the greatness in the last 40 minutes of Jedi, but Clones is a more consistant film than Jedi. It spreads it's action and excitement fairly evenly. The wooden acting is a let down, but I find the whole film to be far superior to the sterile Menace. Looking at the whole saga I'm not sure why Menace was even filmed, it seems so unnecessary. Sith was terrific (at least going on my initial reaction after the first viewing!)

1. The Empire Strikes Back

2. The Revenge of the Sith

3. Star Wars (or A New Hope for you geeks)

4. The Return of the Jedi

5. Attack of the Clones

6. The Phantom Menace

I just flat out liked the new flick.

Tim

and what was up with Padme naming those kids...it was like drive through birthing  

Obi Wan: "Okay first one"  

Padme: "Um, Luke"  

Obi Wan: "Next!"  

Padme: "Leia!"  

Obi Wan: "HEADS UP!"  

Padme: "Milton!"  

Obi Wan: "ANOTHER ONE!"  

Padme: "Bertha!"  

:)

Ray Barnsbury

Tough.

1/ A New Hope / The Empire Strikes Back

The sheer fun of the first movie; they just did their best without believing to much in it, and it came out wonderfully.

Empire had the burden of being a sequel that had to live up to expectations, and it met them.

2/ Return of the Jedi / Revenge of the Sith

Tough. Quite fitting they should be tied, in fact, given the parallels & cycle.

Jedi: it's the last with Luke & Co, harkens back to childhood memories; however, as a film, the most important and best thing (though I don't have anything against Ewoks) is the final confrontation & duel, and Darth Vader's death (with that delicate harp rendition of the theme).

Revenge: exciting space action, fun action at the beginning too, Diarmind's plotting, cunning Palpatine, and of course that great final act, starting with the Madu scene

3/ The Phantom Menace / Attack of the Clones

Another tie.

I have seen them once only; I'm waiting for the 2007 30th Anniversary box set.

They were fun, despite their flaws.

The problem is that they not only had to be up to the previous standards, they had to set up an incredible amount of things-- political stuff, which is not too exciting.

They're a long, two-film introduction to the other four movies; one third of the time is quite reasonable in terms of structure, actually.

That's where the flaws really stick out, as many (most?) appear in those parts that ought to be fun, exciting, engrossing: young Anakin, Jar Jar, the romance, ...

The story is well structured, with Anakin's youth as a slave, his apprenticeship, his quick rise and fall, ...

This leaves out the Clones Wars animated series.

I only caught the final two-part episode on TV.

I found it really good. Great battles; it's Grievous' show; and there's the development of Anakin's character.

It might fit in together with Return & Revenge.

obsw0001.gif

Well; difficult actually. I need to see ROTS a couple of times more in order to fully "digest" it. As of this moment:

1. Revenge Of The Sith

2. The Empire Strikes Back

3. A New Hope

4. Return Of The Jedi

5. Attack Of The Clones

6. The Phantom Menace

Revenge of The Sith

Phantom Menace

Attack of The Clones

Return of The Jedi

A New Hope

Empire Strikes Back

...flame me :)

Uhmm... I was being serious =

Revenge of The Sith

Phantom Menace

Attack of The Clones

Return of The Jedi

A New Hope

Empire Strikes Back

...flame me :)

Yep. If you have an opinion different from Joe's, he will just say your opinion is wrong.

Here's my guess for my list:

1)Revenge of the Sith

2)Empire

3)AotC

4)Jedi

5)New Hope

6)Menace

Just my guess as to where RotS is gonna be located. :)

Something really amuses me about the attitudes of some people who post at these forums... Thi is a John Williams Fan Network -- John Williams composes music for film and film is purely a form of entertainment.. So why is it that some people have to make such negative comments about things all the time -- like the world is coming to an end -- If a film sucks, who cares? It's only entertainment... Also, if someone happens to like a film and others do not -- no need to flame or ridicule -- again, film is purely entertainment, not an excuse to start arguments.

Something really amuses me about the attitudes of some people who post at these forums... Thi is a John Williams Fan Network -- John Williams composes music for film and film is purely a form of entertainment.. So why is it that some people have to make such negative comments about things all the time -- like the world is coming to an end -- If a film sucks, who cares? It's only entertainment... Also, if someone happens to like a film and others do not -- no need to flame or ridicule -- again, film is purely entertainment, not an excuse to start arguments.

Welcome to the internet. Enjoy your visit.

John- who will post his list after seeing Ep. III on Sunday.

Revenge of The Sith

Phantom Menace

Attack of The Clones

Return of The Jedi

A New Hope

Empire Strikes Back

...flame me :P

Yep. If you have an opinion different from Joe's, he will just say your opinion is wrong.

like you've never done that, or are you just superior.