Difference between film and digital versions of RotS?

Saabster

Hi all,

Has anyone heard what if any differences there are between the Digital RotS and the celluloid release? I remember hearing that there was going to an added scene or two but have not heard a peep if there is any extras between the two.

Thanks

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen it twice on genuine 35mm film, two weeks ago and last night. I don't remember either time having Yoda on Dagobah. Is this scene in any version of the film, or was it cut entirely.

Rick mccallum i think said i would be in the digital one.

He said that you would be in the digital version? wow :)

Not, but to be serious, he never said anything like that. if i remember correctly, He was asked if that scene was in the movie and said that "it definitely was cut from the theater version, but Lucas is still working on the Digital version." that, however, does not mean that he claimed it to be in there...

:)

btw, remember the scene where palpatine sits in office, watching the death-star plans on that strange screen? I had to laugh there because i imagined Palpatine browsing jwfan.net :P

There's no difference in the cuts as far as I could tell. I didn't even think the quality of the presentation was that much better in the digital version, surprisingly.

:)

btw, remember the scene where palpatine sits in office, watching the death-star plans on that strange screen? I had to laugh there because i imagined Palpatine browsing jwfan.net :P

I think it was the info of a planet, i dont remember see the small disc (laser)

Anyway it would be stupid for Palpy to be so indiscrete... (i hope George isnt the stupid then)

There's no difference in the cuts as far as I could tell. I didn't even think the quality of the presentation was that much better in the digital version, surprisingly.

Give it a couple weeks or months - digital will still look great, but film will look worn out.

You'll never have the cigarette burns in the top right corner of the picture, though. Not on a digital presentation.

Yeah, that bothered me. I couldn't tell if the movie was almost over or not.

Neil

You are joking, aren´t you? Because if you are not, you have a problem in your eyes. There is a huge different in both versions and it is the quality of the picture. I have seen the movie 5 times, 3 on digital and 2 in "film" and the quality on the colors and the clarity of the picture is very diferent

Perhaps the theaters showing the prints are lousy. It's really an apples and oranges situation. Ultimately you'd have to compare them in the same theater under the exact same conditions.

Neil