First WOTW soundtrack sample available

skunkertx

Hey guys,

Wanted to let you know that the first score to John William's upcoming War of the Worlds has been released...well sorta. It's the background music for a full clip that was shown on the 'Today' show this morning. There are more details here: www.waroftheworldsfilm.com

What do you think? It's certaintly very dark and gloomy, fits the mood perfectly.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BLARGH!! I can't watch it... Of course, I am hoping that this little piece is just like... nothing compared to the rest of the score, which I know it won't be... But I DON'T WANT MINORITY REPORT!!!!!!!!!! BBBBBBBLLLLLLLLAAAAAAARRRRGHH

Let us hope. and Justin... If you break my post down... It more or less said: "I didn't care for Minority Report and hope War of the World's isn't too much like it." ;)

Not worth buying?  It's like 40 seconds of build up music for a small scene of Cruise and Fanning walking to a car...

Tim

Believe me, I know. Christian Clemmensen and I trained under the same teacher.

Williams doing his CEOT3K and even a little like Empire of the Sun. Nice! And for you fellows who are already trashing the score: LIGHTEN UP! Maybe you should see the ENTIRE FILM before you make some assinine proclamations about Williams' score.

I didn't watch the first one, because you had to install some MSN rubbish. The second one was pretty neat, though. I'm looking forward to this.

I really love this sort of dissonant, avante-garde style that Williams has grasped recently... I also really love the way he's been using sul ponticello tremolo strings -- lovely and eery...

very nice :mrgreen:

between the sound quality of the clip and how low the music is mixed, it's really hard to get a good sense of the cue much less the overall score. I know we all like to run with the little we're given with here, but honestly, lets wait until the film and score come out before we start getting into specifics.

Sounds promising! But I hope the score also will include some kind of lighthearted goofy theme, like Cruise riding on his bike, or something. You know, the kind of carefree tunes where Williams seems to have a patent on.

----------------

Alex Cremers

Its a John Williams score, for Petes sake! Im sure it fits the movie perfectly, whether the movie is good or not. Also, I like the Minority Report score . . . the album contains some of the best music ever.

:mrgreen:

So does that mean John Williams is already done with the recording session of WotW???

Sounds promising! But I hope the score also will include some kind of lighthearted goofy theme, like Cruise riding on his bike, or something. You know, the kind of carefree tunes where Williams seems to have a patent on.  

That would be nice, though from what (albeit little) we've seen, that doesn't sound very likely.

Ray Barnsbury

Alex is always on the lookout for the next "For Gillian" or "Reunion in Italy". To tell you the truth, so am I.

Neil

I talked with one of my friends who played violin on the sessions for WOTW, says its a great soundtrack.

I talked with one of my friends who played violin on the sessions for WOTW, says its a great soundtrack.

well it is by John Williams

Max

Alex is always on the lookout for the next "For Gillian" or "Reunion in Italy". To tell you the truth, so am I.  

I love that kind of scoring, though I would say that there are already many "nexts": "Jim's New Life," "The Tennis Game," "The Snowball Fight," etc...

Ray Barnsbury

Can he recreate / replay&record any of it from memory? :devil:

cool hoby12! my friend's aunt played the flute on WOTW too. (she played the hard part on patriot as well). um who's the violinist outa curiosity?

Since it seems that a lot the members have some uncle that played an instrument in there,can anyone ask them what type of music it is?It's a "great soundtrack" is rather vague.Is it a bombastic heroic score?a low key MR type score,does it have any cool themes?

K.M.A little disappointed at the Lost finale

I asked my friend if it was close encountersish and he said it was pretty straight forward john williams = i will try and find out more. it was a sandy decresent session

pretty straight forward john williams? That could be good..or bad...

K.M.

Or the violinist could just not really know what he's talking about LOL

Either way.. it will be good :)

Another CLip:

http://forums.eveofthewar.com/photos/displ...e.php?pos=-1456

Doesn't sound very JW-ish though.... ?

EDIT: Aint JW .. it overlaps with Clip 1 as heard on the WotW page of this site which features the JW Score :) .. Must be some sort of temp, placeholder score in this clip?