Who Hasn't Bought The ROTS Soundtrack Yet?

A24

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going down to the city this weekend to get the soundtrack. I wanted to buy it the last week when we went to the film's premiere in Prague but they didn't have it on that day. It was sold out by the time we got to the shop near the cinema palace.

I still haven't figured out which version might I buy as there is more than one form available (with and without DVD if I get it right). Someone somewhere wrote that DVD extras are worth it if for nothing but the sound quality of the old scores cues.

Roman.-)

Roman, you were missed here. Sorely.

So you finally seen a Star Wars movie? Had you seen the previous episodes? And the OT? What did you think of Sith?

Hi!

Well, I have seen both first two episodes in theatres around the time they were released, but I have not watched the original trilogy yet (even though I read a lot about them so far :-)

I don't have OT on DVD nor have I ever taped them from TV (although they were showing them twice thus far (the '97's reworks)), but they don't show these old series in theatres around here anymore. Which is a shame because I (always) basically prefer seeing the movies at theatres to home any experience. I hope to find a way to see the OT now that the third episode was finished and the continuity has been bridged.

Roman.-)

I still haven't figured out which version might I buy as there is more than one form available (with and without DVD if I get it right).

There is only one version of the soundtrack and it includes the DVD.

Neil

I haven't bought the CD yet. There were only three moments in the entire soudntrack that said to me, "Jeff, you absolutely MUST buy this soundtrack!"

1. The opening after the title crawl. The percussion under the Force theme gave me chills. Unfortunately it didn't go anywhere until ...

2. The massacre of the Jedi. Beautiful strings.

3. "Binary Sunset reprise" almost brought me to tears. It was the only moment where I said "Yes! This is what the movie should be doing! Brining back memories of `Star Wars,' yet still being its own movie!" And then it ended.

So, I'll get around to it.

Hi!

Well, I have seen both first two episodes in theatres around the time they were released, but I have not watched the original trilogy yet (even though I read a lot about them so far :-)

I don't have OT on DVD nor have I ever taped them from TV (although they were showing them twice thus far (the '97's reworks)), but they don't show these old series in theatres around here anymore. Which is a shame because I (always) basically prefer seeing the movies at  theatres to home any experience. I hope to find a way to see the OT now that the third episode was finished and the continuity has been bridged.

Roman.-)

Weren't you dead?

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I still haven't seen ROTS yet, but I'm seriously thinking about grabbing it anyway because I'm aching to see the video for "The Forest Battle." See, the thing is, I'm unsure of whether or not to wait until I see ROTS to listen to the soundtrack. I don't know when I'll be able to go see it. So what do you guys think I should do? Listen before, or listen after I see ROTS?

*whisper to Delorean* Before.. cause it's fun to piece the soundtrack together in the movie... as you're watching it.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I bought it a couple of weeks ago, but our internet service isn't hooked up to our computers yet, so I'm using my Dad's computer now. I wanted it for two things before I saw the movie: Battle of the Heroes, and the The Forest Battle music video. But I had it in my hands! So I went ahead and listened to it, and I was sort of undecided on my exact thoughts, I listened to a couple of tracks again (including A New Hope and End Titles, which is one of the tracks that I wasn't so sure on), but I turned the volume up. Let me tell you, it really helps to have the music turned up. At any rate, I'm going to try to listen to as little of it as I can before I see the movie (still haven't gotten to see it! :| ), but I have been listening to Battle of the Heroes, General Grievous, and Anakin vs. Obi-Wan (they're all freaking amazing!).

I was probably the only one in the world who didn't buy it yet but now I'm just like the rest of you. I'm premiering it right now.

• 2 weeks later...
I was probably the only one in the world who didn't buy it yet but now I'm just like the rest of you. .

For someone that posts every day at a John Williams forum and actually liked RotS(and even if you didn't),I'd say your a little late.

K.M.