Will Black Sunday ever be released officially?

Does anyone think we will ever see an official release of the Black Sunday soundtrack along with the release of the DVD?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a website where you can vote for things you want to be released. The results will be sent to Varese. Let me find the website and you can vote for Black Sunday.

~Harry

MOST WANTED READER?S POLL

To mark the return of the Varèse Sarabande CD Club, Music From The Movies is conducting a Poll to find which are the Most Wanted Film Scores on CD.

Please find below two lists of film scores. We invite you to vote for one score in each category which you would most like to see released by the Varèse Sarabande CD Club.

1980 to present day

Baby Jerry Goldsmith

Falling Down James Newton Howard

Gremlins Jerry Goldsmith

Highlander Michael Kamen

The Journey of Natty Gann James Horner

Monsignor John Williams

The Package James Newton Howard

Predator Alan Silvestri

The Presidio Bruce Broughton

Spacehunter Elmer Bernstein

1960-1979

Black Sunday John Williams

The Bridge At Remagen Elmer Bernstein

Damnation Alley Jerry Goldsmith

Hanover Street John Barry

Images John Williams

Kings Of The Sun Elmer Bernstein

Magic Jerry Goldsmith

The Prize Jerry Goldsmith

The Satan Bug Jerry Goldsmith

Seconds Jerry Goldsmith

Please choose one score from each of the lists above only. Please do not send entries for other suggested releases.

mostwanted@musicfromthemovies.com

Deadline for Poll entries 30:06:02

Please take part in our Poll. The results will be sent direct to Varèse Sarabande Records and you never know what might happen...

Here's the link to the site

~Harry :)

What haven't you heard? It's there to vote! If you want it, vote for it. Maybe we can get a real release. I know there was a bootled release sometime, but I don't know anything about it.

~Harry

:cry:

Black Sundayis a Paramount release and from what I've heard they are not too interested in releasing older scores.

:)

Its a great book, and a good film by Thomas Harris, about a crazy man who trys to blow up the Goodyear blimp over the Superbowl. The blimp was loaded with needle type shrapnel for maximum killing power.

Bruce Dern plays the crazy man, and Robert Shaw the hero.

Joe.

If you have the Star Trek - The Motion Picture DVD you can hear some of the score. It's what was used to score the trailer for that movie.

Neil

There is a handful of boots out there. One of them is 2 CDs (although most of it is redundant with exception of marching band source music).

But on those boots, the Silva Concert version is used for the finale. Why, I'll never know. Someone had access to the actual score tracks but passed them up for the concert version? I did extract the finale & End Credits though.

Images is BADLY wanted by me. Never seen that film, but I LOVE the bootlegs from the LP. Like The Fury, it's dark, brooding, and mysterious.

Black Sunday is a very good score!

Hopefully FSM will start release good old Williams scores, there are quite a few to choose from :sleepy:

Why of all things John Goldfarb, Please Come Home? Probably my least fav Williams score. :sleepy:

There might be better scores, but this is the score that Johnny composed before Star Wars and Close Encounters. It deserves a release. And I voted numerous times on that survey, from different e-mail address --- as did my friends.

Dan - hopeful that he made a difference

:) "Feast Of The Assumption" from The Affair Of The Necklace (D. Newman)

There are many scores that I'd rather be released before Star Wars and Close Encounters! I want every score, but.... the best ones that are not released first! 8O

YES!!

Despite many not liking/hating his early stuff, I would want to have a complete collection of all his film scores. I'm talking Penelope and None But The Brave kind of scores. A release of Cinderella Liberty would be nice too. I think we should get the first stuff.....even TV scores! And work our way down, chronologically.

That would put either Monsignor, SpaceCamp, and The Witches Of Eastwick last, depending on whether you count wide re-releases.

Dan - who will own a collection of everything Johnny's ever done........soon

I voted for Monsignor and Black Sunday.

Then I put this lower on the message

(Where is Spartacus??)

I'm not sure if I want to vote for Images or Black Sunday. I haven't heard either of them, so I don't know which to choose. I will, however, choose Monsignor, because that's in a different category, so there isn't a decision for me there.

~Harry

Thanks, Alawill!! I'll definitely look into it.

Harry, I have some mp3s from Images and it sure is a freaky score --- I'm sure to a freaky movie.

Black Sunday is a good effort by Johnny. I don't think there's much that's memorable from it, but it's still a good score -- and an interesting chapter in his 1977 rep.

Dan - who bought the boot on eBay for $40