RotS Complete Score (Dialog+FX in places)

Jacck

Well.. I've been generally bored recently so I'm whipping together a Revenge of the Sith Complete score, which is a mixture of soundtrack material where I can use it along with rip from the movie audio when unreleased music occurs. Obviouslly, this means I'm having to essentially remake the edits that were made in the film and I must say, after listening closely, their are really some ATTROCIOUS edits :mrgreen:

Anyhoo... It's still turning out quite nicely and the transition from movie sound to OST sound is actually quite smooth... :mrgreen:

I'll be able to make it without (much) dialog when a 5.1 copy of the film gets around... I'm about half way through (more actually) .. so If anyone's interested just lemme know :angry: ... it's more of an interesting listen more than anything... but I'm sure a lot of "die hard" fans will be interested :devil:

I've probably got more "unreleased" music in this than you might expect so don't dismiss it :P

Actually, it may shock you, but the movie has been messed about with so much in the film, that in certain places, tracked music is Shifted in pitch to match the following cue! >.< .. not too difficult to mimic though :)

EDIT: Update... Front and Back Covers :)

I will be using this thread to notify everyone of any revisions that I make to the complete score, so that you can re-download using the link I will have given you :)

frontcover5me.th.jpg backcover5dm.th.jpg

Revisions:

• 02 June 05 - 15 Narration at the Ballet & The Wookiee Army modified. The Senate (TPM tracked music) added.

• Replies 255
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The pitch shift on the shot of the Tantive IV and the "Returning to Coruscant" music playing stands out like a sore thumb.

Neil

In fact.. thinking about it, there's no track on the OST that appears that exact same way in the film.. :mrgreen:

In fact.. thinking about it, there's no track on the OST that appears that exact same way in the film.. :mrgreen:

But that works both ways. Some are edited down for the OST, but others have been edited or looped in the film. For this score the former seems to be more common.

John- who will do a DVD rip when it's available

But that works both ways. Some are edited down for the OST, but others have been edited or looped in the film. For this score the former seems to be more common.

John- who will do a DVD rip when it's available

Exactly *nods* :mrgreen:

I'm beginnig to think some cues composed for specific scenes were used in other scenes.And that there is a lot of unused material

K.M.

I'm beginnig to think some cues composed for specific scenes were used in other scenes. And that there is a lot of unused material

K.M.

I agree. Given the amount of recorded music as reported by the recording session reports, and the amount used in the film, there must be a lot of unused material. They use the Escape from Naboo track, a part of the Arena track from Ep2 twice, Activate the Droids which then edits into The Gungans Fight Back, and The Tide Turns, to mention a few...

Plus, we don't hear all of the music from the tracks on the OST, so technically some OST music is unused.

:|

I'm beginning to wonder why Lucas let Williams work his arse off for two months and then uses only half of the stuff he wrote (and recorded) for RotS.

Why didn't Lucas hire him just for Battle Of The Heroes and Lament, and then let him go? :|

I'm sure John Wiliams has something better to do than wasting his time for these abysmal films.

In fact.. thinking about it, there's no track on the OST that appears that exact same way in the film.. :(

I think Enter Lord Vader comes closest.

I'm beginning to wonder why Lucas let Williams work his arse off for two months and then uses only half of the stuff he wrote (and recorded) for RotS.

Why didn't Lucas hire him just for Battle Of The Heroes and Lament, and then let him go?  :|  

I'm sure John Wiliams has something better to do than wasting his time for these abysmal films.

Yawn.

I think Enter Lord Vader comes closest.

Yes, I think you're probably right :P

The Immolation Scene is also unedited.

hehe.. haven't got to editing that part yet :P

I've now finished editing the entire film and I must say it's a very enjoyable listen :)

I'm now creating all the MP3's which is a very straightforward process and then I'll be done.. I'm collaborating with someone on the Track Titles.. here a sneeky-peek: :P (Subject to Change)

01 20th Century Fox Fanfare (0:23)

02 Star Wars Main Title & Combat Over Coruscant (7:08)

03 Introducing General Grievous (0:13)

04 Unfinished Business with Dooku (0:35)

05 The Beheading & Palpatine's Rescue (2:18)

06 Going Down (1:00)

07 Grievous Flees (0:58)

08 Coruscant's Warm Welcome (1:12)

09 Another Happy Landing (0:37)

10 Breaking News & Anakin's Dream (5:40)

11 Fortunetelling (3:48)

12 The Chancellor's Invitation (1:34)

and John Crichton, sorry to dissapoint you but The Immolation Scene is edited... the edits are very clean, but the cue still differs from the one on the soundtrack, although I suspect it was actually shortened for the Soundtrack, because the edits that I found myself having to make for that cue were things like prolonging held string chords, which is very easy to do and get great results (results that no human could ever notice) ;)

There's no cue anywhere in the film that appears that exact same way in the film.. NO CUE! LOL :(

This will be released tomorrow, Anyone who wants it PM me, and I will send you a link when it becomes available :shakehead: ... it is a very enjoyable listen, especially with the additional Video Game cues that are now in place :P .. Here's an update on the ALMOST finished track list: (Subject to Change):

02 Star Wars Main Title & Combat Over Coruscant (7:10)

09 Another Happy Landing (0:42)

13 Obeying the Council (3:10)

14 False Prophets (0:39)

15 Narration at the Ballet & The Wookiee Army (8:18)

16 Revealing the Nightmare & Decoy on Utupau (6:19)

17 Kill Him! (0:11)

18 Rolling with Grievous & Sensing the Dark Side (3:37)

19 Palpatine's Seduction (2:04)

20 General Disassembly & The Sith Lord Unveiled (4:42)

21 I Am the Senate (2:30)

22 Anakin's Betrayal & Executing Order 66 (10:56)

23 Farewell Yoda & Anakin's Allegiance (5:30)

24 The Jedi Refugees & Welcome, Lord Vader (4:10)

25 Anakin's Dark Deeds (7:05)

26 Stowaway to Mustafar (00:58)

27 Confrontation with Anakin & Battle of the Heroes (16:48)

By The way... everyone who's PMming me, I won't bother replying to your PM for now until I have the link for you, just to let you know :shakehead:

Umm,yes,but please include Obi Wan Going to Utapau(Leaving Coruscant and Arrival at Utapau,all the bits with the Force Theme) and Padme's Funeral.

K.M.

Umm,yes,but please include Obi Wan Going to Utapau(Leaving Coruscant and Arrival at Utapau,all the bits with the Force Theme) and Padme's Funeral.

K.M.

Don't worry.. Every single bit of music from the film is in here :shakehead:

Check the first post for Covers :shakehead:

02 Star Wars Main Title & Combat Over Coruscant (7:10)

09 Another Happy Landing (0:42)

13 Obeying the Council (3:10)

14 False Prophets (0:39)

15 Narration at the Ballet & The Wookiee Army (8:18)

16 Revealing the Nightmare & Decoy on Utupau (6:19)

17 Kill Him! (0:11)

18 Rolling with Grievous & Sensing the Dark Side (3:37)

19 Palpatine's Seduction (2:04)

20 General Disassembly & The Sith Lord Unveiled (4:42)

21 I Am the Senate (2:30)

22 Anakin's Betrayal & Executing Order 66 (10:56)

23 Farewell Yoda & Anakin's Allegiance (5:30)

24 The Jedi Refugees & Welcome, Lord Vader (4:10)

25 Anakin's Dark Deeds (7:05)

26 Stowaway to Mustafar (00:58)

27 Confrontation with Anakin & Battle of the Heroes (16:48)

28 The Immolation Scene & The Birth (7:11)

29 Padmé's Destiny & A New Hope (13:06)

Total Running Time: 2:03:00

I will be using this thread to notify people of any revisions that I make to the Complete Score :P .. so check regularly..

I am now making final preparations before sending everyone their link :P

There's no cue anywhere in the film that appears that exact same way in the film.. NO CUE!

Hey, I think that ten-second cue when Obi-Wan smashes Grievous's droids is intact!

Much looking forward to your edit, Jack.

There's no cue anywhere in the film that appears that exact same way in the film.. NO CUE!

Hey, I think that ten-second cue when Obi-Wan smashes Grievous's droids is intact!

Much looking forward to your edit, Jack.

Actually , LOL ... it's edited in the film, but I haven't made the edit because I simply could not hear what the edit was.. the SFX were too loud... it's about four seconds longer in the film.. but that's the only place I didn't make an edit :shakehead:

Obviouslly, this means I'm having to essentially remake the edits that were made in the film

I'm not sure what you mean: did you redo the edits as they appear in the film, or did you sequence the music in the way that you think Williams originally intended (without the butchering)?

Anyhow, I'm very much looking forward to this! :shakehead::)

Actually , LOL ... it's edited in the film, but I haven't made the edit because I simply could not hear what the edit was.. the SFX were too loud... it's about four seconds longer in the film.. but that's the only place I didn't make an edit
    I'm not sure what you mean: did you redo the edits as they appear in the film, or did you sequence the music in the way that you think Williams originally intended (without the butchering)?

Anyhow, I'm very much looking forward to this!

Indeed, I hope you haven't gone to the trouble of recreating all the crappy edits in the film. :shakehead: Another thing, PLEASE don't use the versions of "Enter Lord Vader" and "Anakin vs. Obi-Wan" with bass drum inserts!

Let me clear up.. This is a Film Version Complete Score... Every single cue is exactly as it appeared in the film, that was my point with it from the beginning - so to your answer, yes, I did recreate all the crappy edits in the film. LOL ... And I didn't use the bass drum inserts...

It's an enjoyable release, if it really bothers people that much, I might make a "polite" version.. that is a more smoothed out less edited version, but unlike this version it obviouslly wont be in sync with the film..

This is a Film Version Complete Score... Every single cue is exactly as it appeared in the film

YUCK!!!!!

Between the dialogue and the effects now you are going out of your way to edit the music?

This gets a big "Why bother?" from me.

Neil

You couldn't care less about the prequels anyway, so no big surprise there! :|

Believe it or not, there ARE some people who want to hear the music as it was heard in the film, to remind them of specific actions. I for one am just glad we're getting to hear some of the unreleased music!

You couldn't care less about the prequels anyway, so no big surprise there!  :|

Anyone who knows me knows that I am passionate about getting every note of Williams's music. Deliberately removing material is not an action I endorse. I hate the TPM "UE" for this reason. At the end of the day, no matter how much I hate the movies, I still want as much Williams music as I can get presented properly. In case you haven't noticed, I do enjoy his music a little.

Neil

Well, I'm sorry, I knew some people wouldn't like it, this was originally going to be a release simply for my self... I for one, wanted to be able to listen to the FILM VERSION of the score... just be grateful you're getting it... Plenty of people enjoy TPM Ultimate Edition... Another reason I made the edits is because we can listen to the OST for unedited (mostly) cues.. as for the Dialog+SFX, what else do you suggest I do, magically make the dialog and sound effects disappear? ;)

And I may still make another polite version so don't mess your knickers :|

Well, first time poster here so ello.

On topic, I'm interested in hearing this if only for the chance of hearing the amazing music Williams wrote for the final, traditional music driven montage at the end of the film that wasnt on the CD (esp the music for Padme's funeral and Vader's entrance on the SD bridge!) :|

I'm making an OST + videogame edit (it will run 77 minutes or so). It won't have any of the film edits... just simple presentation of the music, for the most part. However, in several places I had to stick cues to together (i.e. the short Grievous fanfares from mus_avatar_platform_final.mp3) to avoid leaving tracks with awful-sounding endings (I can't fake them with reverb very well).

I'm making an OST + videogame edit (it will run 77 minutes or so). It won't have any of the film edits... just simple presentation of the music, for the most part. However, in several places I had to stick cues to together (i.e. the short Grievous fanfares from mus_avatar_platform_final.mp3) to avoid leaving tracks with awful-sounding endings (I can't fake them with reverb very well).

The reverb fake is easy enough with the proper tools..

I did that last night.some bits just fade away horribly,so you need to tack something at the end of them,not respecting the film order.

At the very least now,the amount of music available is the same as would have been a c.d. album loaded to maximum capacity,with at least 3 or 4 little new "gems"

K.M./

Any free tolls that can do that?

K.M.Also stuck at the "Fake Clean Ending Reverb Effect" as far as music editing goes.

K.M.Also stuck at the "Fake Clean Ending Reverb Effect" as far as music editing goes.

Not free. Not that I know of anyway..

I'm getting anxious to download those files of yours... ;)  

K.M.

Let me put everyone out of their waiting mysery LOL

10 minutes left until I start distributing links. A note to everyone, DO NOT give anyone else the link that I give you, I repeat, DO NOT! I am doing something nice for you so please don't shit all over my face by spreading the link and using up my bandwidth, Mkay? :)

If you have any constructive comments/criticisms, make them here.. , perhaps I've even missed out some score from vid games, or ost in places (it could happen, I'm only human after all) ...

And most of all, Enjoy it! :|

Hmm,I use Magix Cleaning Lab,where I can edit the file Wave in real time while listening to it on the "main screen".I can cut and paste and overlap parts untill I hear something I like.If I use the actual music editor that comes with the program another screen pops up where I can edit the 2 stereo channels but I can't seem to be able to listen to it in the process.Anyways it had a bunch of effects but it seems way too complicated.

K.M.

Hmm,I use Magix Cleaning Lab,where I can edit the file Wave in real time while listening to it on the "main screen".I can cut and paste and overlap parts untill I hear something I like.If I use the actual music editor that comes with the program another screen pops up where I can edit the 2 stereo channels but I can't seem to be able to listen to it in the process.Anyways it had a bunch of effects but it seems way too complicated.

K.M.

Well.. editing is really just about clever crossfading and a few other tricks... it's just a matter of using your ears to get thinks as good as you can with the tools at your disposal.. I use Cubase SX for editing and it's absolutely perfect for anything I need to do in terms of editing... for reverb, I use the SIR Plugin -- it's not your conventional reverb, where a fast delay occurs producing an essentialy "fake" reverb, it is instead a Convolution (Impulse Response) reverb... in other words, it literally has a sample of real reverb and models the sound round that reverb.. so I just make a channel track and apply the reverb to that, anything I want to be reverbed, I just duplicate on that track and crossfade between the dry and wet copies to get a pretty nice result... it requires quite a bit of tweaking to get it right, including volume, length of reverb, and how much you want to hear certain frequencies.. but it's worth it in the end.. :|

I'm now distributing links.. anyone after links please PM me.. and please post comments here once you've listened to it :|

Btw... this release isn't for Dial-up users, the MP3's are 320Kbps LOL

Well, I have given it a brief listen to and I must say I am very impressed. Thanks for all the hard work! I can't wait to listen to it tomorrow at work. Thanks!

The sound effects and the dialogue is about 500 times louder than the music,which I have to strain to hear.Whn a spaceship flies by it nearly breaks my headphiones.Ben Burtt mixed this film after all?Or is it just the souce of the audio.The music seemed more hearable at the theatre.

Still,interesting guide to get to know the score better.I hear tons of stuff I'd like on c.d.

A very good job in my opinion. The film version of Battle of the Heroes is well done in editing. Although some of the sfx do take over a bit in the opening the majority of the middle is free of dialogue and sfx, whihc includes some of the best music.

:|

Well,you come out of the cinema thinking the mix was ok because you remember Battle of the Heroes was mixed a bit louder..The truth is most of the other cues are litteraly burried in the sound mix .Now we have WASTED cues like I Am The Senate which I'm sure would be great if we could hear it.

This has been a problem with JW scored movies lately.In other movies I see the music is usually EXTREMELY loud,especially media ventures stuff.

K.M.

I was very deceived about how the music was chopped in the movie. A complete mess for a great score, that deserved a much better treatment.

In terms of the sound effects, the audio source just isn't great, there is some clipping which I've cleaned up as best I've can - but I can always wait for a good 5.1 source that will allow me to extract the rear channels... Also, one has to try and get a fair balance between the ost material and the film footage, obviouslly the film footage never has music at 100% unlike the soundtrack which is always 100%, so the sound effects simply have to be the loudest part, although obviouslly there would be no clipping if it was a good audio source....

And I completely agree, the score did deserve MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better treatment...

Don Davis' score for THe Matrix Reloaded had ONE tiny edit in the whole entire film,!

Would it be possible to post a detailed cue list as to how you the cues are placed? (Preferably without the sticking together - I'll do the same in my edit, but it's to have a clear picture.) A cue list like the ones in the Complete Cue List thread, with reference to where you got the music for the scene (that part of track 1 from the CD, particular track from the game etc.). I'd be very grateful for this :|

Would it be possible to post a detailed cue list as to how you the cues are placed? (Preferably without the sticking together - I'll do the same in my edit, but it's to have a clear picture.) A cue list like the ones in the Complete Cue List thread, with reference to where you got the music for the scene (that part of track 1 from the CD, particular track from the game etc.). I'd be very grateful for this :|

me too ;)

My thanks in advance cerrabore :)