RotS Complete Score (Dialog+FX in places)

Jacck

Unfortunately it's hard to hear under the dialogue in the opera scene .It is creepy,but also hauntingly beautiful,like some dark version of the force theme evoking ancient and mysterious dark side powers.I wonder why williams didn't develop this into a full blown statement...

K.M.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:cry: That would have been brilliant.

I'm no composer,but even I can add some male choir to it in my mind and make it sound like the RotS version of The Dark Side Beckons.

K.M.

don't use the versions of "Enter Lord Vader" and "Anakin vs. Obi-Wan" with bass drum inserts!

These bass drum inserts, are they added by the game designers?

Also, is the version of Anakin's Dark Deeds an alternate in the Galaxy version? (with the percussion and all?)

Furthermore, I will use the alternate take. Not sure what videogame is the best source - I think Galaxies, which is high-quality, has most of it.

What's the name of this file? And you say most of it, what's the other source to get the remainder?

Many thanks!

03. BATTLE IN THE HANGAR

OST 07 0:00-0:57 (fake ending with reverb)

04. THE ELEVATOR SCENE

OST 01 5:21-end

05. BATTLE ON THE BRIDGE

OST 07 0:57-end

Having revisited the film, I'm 100% certain you're wrong about this. "Grievous and the Droids" is one continuous piece. Cue up the film to the point where Anakin, Obi-Wan and Palpatine are trapped by the ray shield. As soon as you hear Artoo start to enter, hit play. Then sit back and let the track play out in its entirety. It syncs PERFECTLY all the way through. The opening action music is Artoo smashing into the wall and foursome getting surrounded by droids. The fanfare from 0:17-0:24 is exactly the right length (and character) for the exterior transitional shot of the Invisible Hand. Music becomes more subdued for the dialogue scene on the bridge. The Star Wars theme quote at 0:49 plays beneath Anakin's glowering close-up after Grievous says "I thought you'd be older". The music begins to crescendo as Obi-Wan says his "Not this time" schpiel, and the action motif kicks in the moment Artoo goes haywire. Action music proceeds as Obi-Wan and Anakin ignite their sabers and battle the droids. You can let the music play all the way through ... it fits the action perfectly and fades out as Anakin sits down to pilot the ship.

mix GAL mus_wookiee_quest_accept 0:11-end (This may not be the correct order, but *part* of this cue shows up in the film

Where does this cue fit in in the "correct order"?

The cue when Yoda is speaking to the council as a hologram on Kassshkk is the cue The Senate from TPM UE.

Thanks for letting me know :folder: .. I'll revise and re-upload the track ASAP

REVISION NOTICE!

Track 15 - Narration at the Ballet & The Wookiee Army has now been revised and re-uploaded. You may re-download this track from the link you were given :folder:

By the way, this could probably tag along with Jack's ROTS Complete Score - as like a bonus cue - because I have made a 25:00 End Credits suite.

Themes go in this order:

Force Theme

Luke and Leia

Force Theme

End Credits Opening Fanfare (Luke's Theme)

Leia's Theme

Battle of the Heroes

Across the Stars (Love Theme)

General Grievous's Theme x 2

Across the Stars, Part 2

Anakin's Theme (brief horn transition)

Anakin's Betrayal (with Grievous counter-theme at one point)

Duel of the Fates

The Imperial March

End Credits Finale Fanfare, Part I (Luke's Theme, Rebel Fanfare)

The Dark Side Beckons (includes Emperor's Theme)

End Credits Finale Fanfare, Part II (includes Rebel Fanfare and subtle Imperial March orchestra hits)

Anakin's Theme (horn statement in full, ending on Vader's Theme)

Across the Stars (mixing Vader's Theme with subtle Luke's Theme)

Vader's Theme (on harp, and in the final three chords)

With plenty of material at my disposal, and a good editing program, it's the best THEMATIC CONCLUSION to ROTS i could come up with, tying all the relavent themes together in a cohesive, logical flow, apart from a few places where it probably isn't THAT logical (Grievous march between two Across the Stars sections and as thematic counterpoint over Anakin's Betrayal), but 95% of it is brilliant, in my own arrogant opinion :folder:

If you want it, PM me, particularly for those who aren't that great at editing music together and feel unfulfilled by the A New Hope & End Credits OST piece, as I was, but no more.

By the way, this could probably tag along with Jack's ROTS Complete Score - as like a bonus cue - because I have made a 25:00 End Credits suite.

Themes go in this order:

Force Theme

Luke and Leia

Force Theme

End Credits Opening Fanfare (Luke's Theme)  

Leia's Theme  

Battle of the Heroes  

Across the Stars (Love Theme)  

General Grievous's Theme x 2  

Across the Stars, Part 2  

Anakin's Theme (brief horn transition)  

Anakin's Betrayal (with Grievous counter-theme at one point)  

Duel of the Fates  

The Imperial March  

End Credits Finale Fanfare, Part I (Luke's Theme, Rebel Fanfare)  

The Dark Side Beckons (includes Emperor's Theme)  

End Credits Finale Fanfare, Part II (includes Rebel Fanfare and subtle Imperial March orchestra hits)  

Anakin's Theme (horn statement in full, ending on Vader's Theme)  

Across the Stars (mixing Vader's Theme with subtle Luke's Theme)  

Vader's Theme (on harp, and in the final three chords)

With plenty of material at my disposal, and a good editing program, it's the best THEMATIC CONCLUSION to ROTS i could come up with, tying all the relavent themes together in a cohesive, logical flow, apart from a few places where it probably isn't THAT logical (Grievous march between two Across the Stars sections and as thematic counterpoint over Anakin's Betrayal), but 95% of it is brilliant, in my own arrogant opinion :mrgreen:

If you want it, PM me, particularly for those who aren't that great at editing music together and feel unfulfilled by the A New Hope & End Credits OST piece, as I was, but no more.

I've heard it before and it's good :)

SHame... Some retard is spreading round my link despite the fact everyone who I've gave the link I've clearly told them to NOT SPREAD THE LINK!

Some people truly are bastards. ... I will probably be password protecting it if my Bandwidth flies too high...

Worry not JackChapple!

I have kept your music under strict secrecy!

Isn't that an awful lot of themes for 25 minutes?

I'm greateful that you have.. but those nasty people over at MF aren't.. it's flame wars over there, I'd advise anyone not to go if they're easily offended.. :mrgreen:

Well, what did you expect with all those new people turing up here just to get hold on the files? Of course someone would spread it... :/ Shame, though

Well, what did you expect with all those new people turing up here just to get hold on the files? Of course someone would spread it... :/ Shame, though

Guess I'm too naive

Wow! I just checked out their boards....

I sense much anger in them.

It's a good thing you can't do anyone physical harm over the internet. :mrgreen:

Just curious, what editing software did you use, it's quite good...

Wow! I just checked out their boards....

I sense much anger in them.

It's a good thing you can't do anyone physical harm over the internet.  :mrgreen:  

Just curious, what editing software did you use, it's quite good...

A Mixture.. the main editing app i used was Cubase SX though :)

It's a shame that they don't release the complete Music from Epsiode II and Episode III. Such an astonishing work which John Williams has done' date=' must reach the outside world. But you have done a little step closer to this. Hopefully they'll release it some day, since every score from the trilogy is out, they have to do it. (I think it's the same with the Lord of the Rings Scores)

But as Obi-Wan would say: "Patience. You must have patience. Use the force..."[/quote']

Episode I doesn't have a proper release yet either. The UE is the film edit, and is a complete hackjob of the score. The LotR trilogy only has the single-disc album releases so far. But at least a complete release is on the horizon.

And someone has now posted the links up at MF.com. I guess it was inevitable. Has your server crashed yet, Jack?

- Marc

Apart from not wanting to discuss ANYTHING with the terribly self-important asswipes on JWFan?

Hey, that's a half truth! :mrgreen:

Neil

Seems the guy who quoted your sig there doesn't get the (albeit cynical) humor :mrgreen:

Is your site down, Jack? I can'T access it anymore :/ I haven't yet downloaded half the tracks, I was downloading them one at a time, just a few per day... guess that wasn't very wise :/

Dangerous and disturbing this puzzle is.

Only a JWFan could have access to those files.

But who and why?

More difficult to answer.

Meditate on this I will...

:mrgreen:

Sorry.. no my site did not "overload" or whatever you said.. that would never happen .. but I do have limitations and get charged if I exceed them. In order to stay within these limits I have been forced to temporarily take down the Mp3's .. I apologise but there's nothing I can do about it... I don't want to be charged.

Also, some idiot at MF just straight out posted the link onto their forums..

Again, I apologise :mrgreen:

Dangerous and disturbing this puzzle is.

Only a JWFan could have access to those files.

But who and why?

More difficult to answer.

Meditate on this I will...

:mrgreen:

All you need to do is take a venture over to MF to see who leaked it (multiple people , actually)

Hey, it's not your fault!

I can't believe how much shit some of those guys are talking there right now (although some of it is pretty funny in its sillyness :mrgreen:). They're on a regular hate spree against you now, it seems to me... I just can't understand why they don't get it that you wanted this not to spread too widely because of your server traffic. Now the first guys there have it and start to bash it for the effects and dialogue, making it sound as if you mixed those over the music yourself out of an evil mind... Incredible.

But how do you say? Give them an inch...

Hey, it's not your fault!

I can't believe how much shit some of those guys are talking there right now (although some of it is pretty funny in its sillyness :)). They're on a regular hate spree against you now, it seems to me... I just can't understand why they don't get it that you wanted this not to spread too widely because of your server traffic. Now the first guys there have it and start to bash it for the effects and dialogue, making it sound as if you mixed those over the music yourself out of an evil mind... Incredible.

LOL I know I jsut saw that -- gave me A good laugh .. oh well , I'm glad he didn't enjoy it :mrgreen:

Surely the 'leaker' could not have used the same username at two sites.....making it somewhat a mystery...

If they did, then I retract my previous paraphrasing of a Yoda quote.

Surely the 'leaker' could not have used the same username at two sites.....making it somewhat a mystery...

If they did, then I retract my previous paraphrasing of a Yoda quote.

Yup they did, two PMs to me came from:

MasterKyobi9d9

ThePagMan

who have both leaked at MF.. :mrgreen:

Too bad you had to take it down. I've been a lurker both there ( still am ) and here ( finally registered ) for some time. MF is a tough one. It was only a matter of time until someone posted it. To be honest, it took longer than I thought it would. As far as their discussion of Neil is concerned, I may not agree with everything I have read that he has posted on numerous sites (MF, HTF, OT and here) but he is pretty damn consistant regarding his opinion on the original Star Wars. I've found myself becoming more of a purest for Star Wars because of it.

Well, I hope you put them up sometime again so those of us who couldn't download everything can catch up on that...

If someone from MF is reading this: Guys, your forum is fun, I've been reading lots of stuff there for the past 2 months. But can't you give it a break and see what went wrong here? I don't believe that anyone of you thinks it's justified that Jack should pay for massive traffic load just for your free entertainment. So what's this flamewar all about?

It will be put back up sometime, no question about that :mrgreen: ... just gonna let things cool off and wait for the YSI links to fly about at MF

MF is a very fun board.

Not a registered user, but I read their posts often.

If I want insight into Star Wars I go to force.net

If I want hilarity and flamewars, its MF all the way.

Originally I thought MF.com stood for something else (mother ......).com

Not to far from the truth.

Crap,I still had a few to download.Takes time with dial-up.

Still,I don't see who would be interested in this except a few of us hardcore JWfans who want to study the score.You can't listen to this as "music" only.Those people at MF.com think you mixed in sound dialogue and effects ON PURPOSE,lol!

K.M.

I find it funny how they really dont know what they're talking about - they think there's some magical tool that removes dialogue and sound effects from an audio stream? LOL

Nice new avatar JackChapple.....

Mustafar is soooooo cool.

hehe, thanks, it's the front cover of the complete score :mrgreen:

(the full image of front+back is on the first post of this thread :) )

Well, I find the effects very unsettling at times, but your whole effort is almost worth it alone for the extended codas of Anakin's Betrayal (GORGEOUS!!! And here I can't hear much quality problems, and it's completely effect-free :)) and Anakin's Dark Deeds... and the funeral sequence.

And other parts. Some people just got their expectations up too much, I guess.

Thanks, again, Jack! :)

:music: Anakin's Betrayal - Extended Ending (everytime I listen to this I feel the urge to go see the movie again ;))

In case any one was wondering, the reason the sound effects and dialogue appear so high, is because I have to try and get a fair balance between OST volume and the volume of the music as heard in the film... quite a dilemma..

The only problem I had with effects was during the cue where Obi goes to Utapau and he is flying around in his ship. The engines were deafeningly loud!!!

Other than that...very well done.

Anyway, thanks Jack for doing it. Certainly appreciate your energy and efforts to bring the good news to a wider audience. I still had one or two to do, but they were only the Palpatine conversation scenes which aren't so important to me. The last three tracks are what make it so good - there's some fantastic counterpoint in that last 35 minutes of scoring.

As for the MF people - they are an interesting elitist culture to watch. Very hierarchical. And to think they are the one true SW fans - LOL - well, maybe they are bigger Williams fans than me, but I suspect the joys of Jane Eyre, The Fury, The Terminal, AI and other great Williams scores elude them. The smarter types there have a sense of irony, but for the most part there's almost no sense of humour there at all. So it doesn't surprise me that Neil is misunderstood - it took me a while to realise he's one of the funniest members of this board. :music:

Well, I find the effects very unsettling at times, but your whole effort is almost worth it alone for the extended codas of Anakin's Betrayal (GORGEOUS!!! And here I can't hear much quality problems, and it's completely effect-free :)) and Anakin's Dark Deeds... and the funeral sequence.

And other parts. Some people just got their expectations up too much, I guess.

Thanks, again, Jack! :)

:music: Anakin's Betrayal - Extended Ending (everytime I listen to this I feel the urge to go see the movie again ;))

The extension of Anakin's Betrayal is taken from Star Wars Galaxies (video game) - that's why you hear no SFX/Dialogue ;) .. as for any other time you hear unreleased music with no effects - I really love the bit after DotF i.e. Yoda Falls :P .. gets me every time