RotS Complete Score (Dialog+FX in places)

Jacck

Two questions?

Where does the 'Kill Him' cue go?

And also, is this sith motif at the end of the 'Palpatine's Seduction' track, because the new music we get for that sequence is tres cool.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just realised something - the DVD is gonna feature a slightly different structure to the film at the cinema , isn't it? -- guess that means I am gonna have to do a bit of re-editing! >.< .. .shame

Two questions?

And also, is this sith motif at the end of the 'Palpatine's Seduction' track, because the new music we get for that sequence is tres cool.

Kill Him - when Grievous instructs his droids to kill Kenobi -- i.e. the bit where kenobi drops that huge metal thing on the droids, using the force. (if that's what you meant by "where does it go") ... the score is in chronological order, obviouslly

so what games did you use to get compile your score?

Currently, Star Wars Galaxies is the only game that contains unreleased RotS music.

Two questions?

Yes,it it,partly.The "full" version is very fainty heard when Palpatine tells the story of Darth Plageis at the opera.very very very cool.

K.M.

That is the only logical place for the 'Kill Him' cue could go isn't it? Duh.

It's fairly short.

What would be the differences in the DVD release as compared to the film version?

(unless you refer to the inevitable Lucas tinkerings)

That is the only logical place for the 'Kill Him' cue could go isn't it? Duh.

It's fairly short.

What would be the differences in the DVD release as compared to the film version?

(unless you refer to the inevitable Lucas tinkerings)

Well, the DVD will be in Good quality 5.1 sound , which means I can extract the audio solely from the rear channels - the reason for this is that there is much less dialogue in the rear, and tends to be less sound effects as well, also the music tends to be heard louder in the rear channels :music:

Currently, Star Wars Galaxies is the only game that contains unreleased RotS music.

Hmm what have we learned today...Beware of one time posters who ask for links....no?Obviously these people are leeches and all it can do is hinder further release of material if it spreads too far.

K.M.

Oh sweet. I wish I knew more about my surround sound system.

I always thought the music came from the front two channels...

'Dad, did you do the wiring right?'

Hmm what have we learned today...Beware of one time posters who ask for links....no?Obviously these people are leeches and all it can do is hinder further release of material if it spreads too far.

K.M.

I didn't give a link -- and I don't tend to look at the number of posts people have made too often , Lol, maybe I should make a habbit of it...?

the reason i'm taking a long time to ask a question is that i have nothing much to say in this conversation that you are having as i was not able to get the score so i can tell u what i think of it

Sorry,didn't mean to be rude to you.I had just finished reading comments about us at MF.com from those people that leeched the MP3's.

K.M.

I have a question -- Sensing the Dark side -- I know that is tracked AOTC music but does anyone know if this music is available from any of the Star Wars Video Games -- or the music just on it's own - at the moment it has the dialogue over the top but I would like to get rid of it if I can find this tracked music - surely it must've been used in one of the star wars games?

No clue about the games that score was in. In fact that is the first time I ever heard it, which is why I assumed it was new material. Oh well.

As to Sidious' question, the best track in my opinion is 'Palpatine's Seduction.' Very dark.

Honorable mentions go to 'Anakin's Dark Deeds and Executing Order 66,' 'Farewell Yoda,' and 'Padme's Destiny.'

Worst cue has to be "Going Down". The music choice, editting and general appropriateness of mucic to scene is appalling. Shame on whoever did this (I am assuming it was not Williams).

Worst cue has to be "Going Down". The music choice, editting and general appropriateness of mucic to scene is appalling. Shame on whoever did this (I am assuming it was not Williams).

NO NOT WILLIAMS! LOL

It's a bad edit of TPM music - Escape from Naboo (yes, about the millionth time it's been tracked :music:)

By the way the new Senate music is very well integrated - one of the best edits in the whole thing!

And it isnt all Escape from Naboo. The worst bit is the "Force Push" to the "Firing Missiles" bits of The Tide Turns. That pains me even thinking about it.

'Coruscant's Warm Welcome' is also a TPM edit. Though I love that cue...

'Sensing the Darkside' contains the tracked yet mysterious AotC cue...

And 'Narration at the Ballet and the Wookie Battle' contains the Arena from AotC (though very well used IMO)

the farewell yoda track (23) at 0:48: Am I spotting a qoute to the imperial march? some dialog over this (all these wookies are dead) but could be it. some thought's on this?

and: i love wookies but why can't they be quite at this moment :music:

Sorry I meant Coruscant's Warm Welcome, not Coming Down. Both are awful trackings, but CWW is worse.

And yes, that is an Imperial March statement (sounds a lot like some of the best from ESB's "sinister" moments)

Hello! I am newly registered but have been a "lurker" here for some time. I have also frequented (daily) JWFAN.net for 2+ years. I just wanted to compliment you all on your boards here. It's Maestro Williams heaven here! Also, My wife and I would truely appreciate this coveted "link" that JackChapple is offering. Having read this topic thoroughly I understand that there is a problem with another board that may limit the distribution of this complete score link. When it is available to share, again, my wife and I humbley request it. We are both huge John Williams fans as well as insatiabble score completists. I assure you we will not share this link. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again everyone for such a terrific site. I hope to be a great contributer along side all of you.

Hello!  I am newly registered but have been a "lurker" here for some time.  I have also frequented (daily) JWFAN.net for 2+ years.  I just wanted to compliment you all on your boards here.  It's Maestro Williams heaven here!  Also, My wife and I would truely appreciate this coveted "link" that JackChapple is offering.  Having read this topic thoroughly I understand that there is a problem with another board that may limit the distribution of this complete score link.  When it is available to share, again, my wife and I humbley request it.  We are both huge John Williams fans as well as insatiabble score completists.  I assure you we will not share this link.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks again everyone for such a terrific site.  I hope to be a great contributer along side all of you.

Nice arselicking. Let's see what JackChapple says...

Lol - those people at MF have taken it a wee bit too far now ... they're claiming that I have registered at their boards pretending to be someone else and er... promoted my score? Given MilleniumFalcon's reputation, would I really do THAT!? LOL LMFAO... oh dear...

Anyway... kellyandgia.. the link will be back up when I feel comfortable it wont be hammered :music:

Just went to MF and read their whole thread about your edit. All I can say is... Oh dear, do I pity them and their board.

MF'ers are well....MF'ers in the other sense of the word.

It's a conspiracy JackChappel!!!

Your trying to promote your soundtrack by tantilizing them with it.

Soon you will be asking for $$$.

All part of the plan.... :music:

I too was a lurker....

Being a poster is much more fun kellyandgia...

Welcome.

Thank you Big_Cheese for the welcome. I guess I should have waited to register until after this MF thing goes away. I'll probably be labeled forever now.

Lol.. just read it again.. they say my email address is "jchapple@gmail.com" LOL!

The poor bastard who actually has that address is gonna get a nasty shock when he checks his emails next....

Hello!  I am newly registered but have been a "lurker" here for some time.  I have also frequented (daily) JWFAN.net for 2+ years.  I just wanted to compliment you all on your boards here.  It's Maestro Williams heaven here!  Also, My wife and I would truely appreciate this coveted "link" that JackChapple is offering.  Having read this topic thoroughly I understand that there is a problem with another board that may limit the distribution of this complete score link.  When it is available to share, again, my wife and I humbley request it.  We are both huge John Williams fans as well as insatiabble score completists.  I assure you we will not share this link.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks again everyone for such a terrific site.  I hope to be a great contributer along side all of you.

Nice arselicking. Let's see what JackChapple says...

Not "arselicking", just trying to be respectfull for my first post. My bad, I guess.

Hey Jack...on a comment on the actual score...in the track where Grievous first starts to fight w. Kenobi (Rolling w. Grievous I think) is that statement of the Grievous theme supposed to be non-choral...

Atleast, that's how I remembered it.

Lol.. just read it again.. they say my email address is "jchapple@gmail.com" LOL!

The poor bastard who actually has that address is gonna get a nasty shock when he checks his emails next....

Lol, probably not in use..

Anyway, I really hate all this negativity; it really depresses me and I'd rather not have that, so can we please get back to talking about nice happy smiley things like John Williams and Star Wars! John Williams emits so much positive energy and warmth for me - even though I don't really "know" him - you can tell he is just a good person - a great man. :)

So enough of this MF crap, can we just get on now please - I dont wanna drag these great boards down with all this crap - so thank you John Williams and thank you Ricard L. Befan, Indysolo, and Andreas Westphal for allowing us to hang about at such a fantastic place! :music: I truly enjoy reading and posting here and I always do so with a smile on my face! :)

;)

Hey Jack...on a comment on the actual score...in the track where Grievous first starts to fight w. Kenobi (Rolling w. Grievous I think) is that statement of the Grievous theme supposed to be non-choral...

Atleast, that's how I remembered it.

Yes , you're right it is non-choral in the film, however, I obviouslly don't have the non-choral version and I decided it would be better with chorus than without but with sfx and dialogue :music:

That is what I figured (notice my attempts to switch topics as well)...

I am on my second listeing of the Anakin's Betrayal track now...when Palpy is frying Mace do I hear a quote from 'Enter Lord Vader'?

That is what I figured (notice my attempts to switch topics as well)...

I am on my second listeing of the Anakin's Betrayal track now...when Palpy is frying Mace do I hear a quote from 'Enter Lord Vader'?

yes

The score is back up - at a different location ... I don't know how I can be careful in making sure it's not leaked again though.. oh well..

Anyway hooray ! "Great day in the morning!" yippee (i saw someone else wrote that somewhere here and found it rather amusing LOL)

YES Big_Cheese - it does sound like 'Enter Lord Vader' has been tracked over that scene! It's too close to be another cue, and what's especially ironic is that when I listened to 'Enter Lord Vader', I thought that bit of the cue might come at that moment in the scene!

YES Big_Cheese - it does sound like 'Enter Lord Vader' has been tracked over that scene! It's too close to be another cue, and what's especially ironic is that when I listened to 'Enter Lord Vader', I thought that bit of the cue might come at that moment in the scene!

Who says it's "Tracked" .... the OST track Enter Lord Vader may just be a mix of different stuff

Or it could be that it was originally wirtten for this scene, and then rescored to fit another? Or the other way around? Who knows... (at least until we can get a better release without the dialogue and - especially - SFX).

Surely the 'leaker' could not have used the same username at two sites.....making it somewhat a mystery...

If they did, then I retract my previous paraphrasing of a Yoda quote.

Yup they did, two PMs to me came from:

MasterKyobi9d9

ThePagMan

who have both leaked at MF.. :)

*Palpatine*Muhahahhahahhaaaaaaa* :music: "A powerful Sith you will become, henceforth you shall be known as Darth....Kyobi" lol Sorry about spreding the link guys. I tried to YouSendIt but the Upload failed so... ah no excuse. I suppose I should be banned from this now then? Hmmm :)