RotS Complete Score (Dialog+FX in places)

Jacck

Well - I say it might be tracked. And the reason I say it is that the two pieces are identical to my ears under the sound effects. It wouldn't be the first time - remember how the Kamino theme kept popping up during the Geonosis sequence in AOTC? Tracked in of course, not written that way.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely the 'leaker' could not have used the same username at two sites.....making it somewhat a mystery...

If they did, then I retract my previous paraphrasing of a Yoda quote.

Yup they did, two PMs to me came from:

MasterKyobi9d9

ThePagMan

who have both leaked at MF.. :)

*Palpatine*Muhahahhahahhaaaaaaa* :music: "A powerful Sith you will become, henceforth you shall be known as Darth....Kyobi" lol Sorry about spreding the link guys. I tried to YouSendIt but the Upload failed so... ah no excuse. I suppose I should be banned from this now then? Hmmm :)

You should remain hidden where none of us have the misfortune of having to listen to you. Go now, and return not!

I'm a pretty forgiving person, you're forgiven, I guess... you're not the one who posted the link straight on the forums...

IT GIVES YOU FOCUS!

Honestly, I wouldn't be suprised if the new link appears again at MF by the time I wake up tomorrow morning..

LOL

So far my comments:

I don't really care for any of the unreleased music before Another Happy Landing.We have enough on the c.d.

I am really happy we got another Happy Landing,Palpatine's Seduction,Trip to Utaupau (Alternates)and Extended Coda for Anakin's Betrayal,all SFX free,these are all gems.I'd also like the revised version of Goodbye Old Friend that has the Force Theme.

The main cool action piece missing is I Am The Senate

There is one section I really love in Yoda Farewell starting with the Imperial March playing fast,going into Yoda's theme and ending with that new cool march type music for when ObiWan escapes from Utapau.

I'd really like "The Story of Darth Plageis" to appear on a videogame file.

I'm really pissed off the dark fanfares in It Can't Be were trimmed for the c.d.

the Missing bits from Anakin vs Obi Wan aren't that important.

I also really want Padme's funeral music ending with the music on the Star Destroyer

Were only about 10 minutes of music away from a very satisfying Extended OST (short of getting the full score)

K.M.

To make up for it I can reupload own my OWN site for anyone who was halfway caught in the downloading process or hasnt downloaded them yet :music: I do feel guilty however should've just YSI'd it. I'll do that now.

I don't really care for any of the unreleased music before Another Happy Landing.We have enough on the c.d.

I agree except for the statement of the Rebel Fanfare, and maybe the music when the Jedi crash in Grievous' ship.

To make up for it I can reupload own my OWN site for anyone who was halfway caught in the downloading process or hasnt downloaded them yet :D  I do feel guilty however should've just YSI'd it. I'll do that now.

Doesn't matter anymore, the new link is up

I agree except for the statement of the Rebel Fanfare, and maybe the music when the Jedi crash in Grievous' ship.

Yes,that's the short 11 second segment we got from the Galaxies file,right? Yes it's an amazing snippet.I wish Williams would write this way in a sustained manner for a 5 minute cue(like he used to in cues like Hyperspace)

K.M.

The 'Enter Lord Vader' thing is like Anakin's Betrayal, which appears both during the Jedi Slaughter, and the choking of Padme scene...

I thought we would get a mix of the Imperial March and Across the Star for that scene...

The unreleased bits I'd like to hear isolated from SFX and dialogue (if I had to pick):

* Reunion of Anakin and Padme - the use of the A and B sections of Across the Stars is really nice here.

* Extended Anakin's Dream - that short snippet of Anakin's theme is a lovely extra detail to the cue. The added sections when Yoda speaks are less important.

* Padme's Visit - The love theme, the Imperial March, and Lament. They're all here. The unreleased highlight?

* Yoda's Farewell - I suspect this cue will be tracked over the Dagobah farewell to Yoda when that is added back into the film later on. Nice sign-off to the character from Williams.

* Unreleased Duel music - the Yoda falls cue is not so important for me, but the BOTH/Imperial march material that precedes the segue to Revenge of the Sith is GREAT. Really ties the two sections of the Duel together.

* Complete Immolation through Birth of the Twins - this includes nice use of the Emperor's theme, a momentary reprise of the Immolation material, and of course, the extended birth sequence ending in the bass chords of Darth Vader's theme. As a sequence, this is catharsis followed by hypnotic ambiguity in the music.

* Finale - Would be nice to have this complete finale cue - what would have been the greatest finale cue on CD of any SW film to date. The counterpointing of the Force theme, the Funeral March and the Darth Vader theme when Vader stands on the bridge of the Star Destroyer is just the statement of that theme which should be rounding out the end credits. It pains me to think that Throne Room was put on the CD in place of this.

Also wouldn't mind hearing I am the Senate and Death of Dooku in isolation from the effects, but it's hard to tell how good those cues are at the moment. They seem less essential to a complete experience.

As you can probably tell, I'm a sucker for Across the Stars.

The 'Enter Lord Vader' thing is like Anakin's Betrayal, which appears both during the Jedi Slaughter, and the choking of Padme scene...

I thought we would get a mix of the Imperial March and Across the Star for that scene...

Well, Across the Stars opens the cue as Padme lands, and you can hear a pained variation of it as she talks to Anakin. The Imperial March comes in as he's talking about his new empire and she is shocked. Lament doesn't appear until he screams 'Liar!' So it wasn't wrong to think that ATS and IM would appear.

True...they are all there...I was just expecting from the score reports that we would have the imperial march as he chokes Padme. Nothing against Lament of course, was it tracked into that scene? Or is it a separately recorded instrumental cue?

Oh yeah,in Reunion of Anakin and Padme(just after Another Happy Landing),there is the first 2 notes of that new Sith theme I keep mentionning.

I'm telling you Williams had plans for this theme but was cut off by Lucas.

K.M.

I really love I am the Senate and hope that this will be released without sfx and dialog one day - I had it in my head for days after I listened to it, Lol

To make up for it I can reupload own my OWN site for anyone who was halfway caught in the downloading process or hasnt downloaded them yet :D  I do feel guilty however should've just YSI'd it. I'll do that now.

Doesn't matter anymore, the new link is up

Well thats good. Sorry again for posting the link at MF. :( Your edit is very good by the way :D

King Mark...this new sith theme...way cool...

It's too subdued though. Assuming that the droid march as Anakin comes into the temple is tracked, I bet Williams was going to use a full blown choral version of it there.

Or atleast, that would've been way cooler. :D

Or is it a separately recorded instrumental cue?

Others here are pretty sure its a separate recording (pointing to the fact that Anakin's Betrayal had choir and orchestra sections recorded simultaneously), and I'm inclined to agree with their reasoning. It really adds a Leone-esque quality to the stand-off between Anakin and Obi-wan.

Given this new info about Anakin's betrayal I think it should have been in the end credits suite...

It reflects the overall feels of RotS better than the Throne Room atleast.

It's too subdued though. Assuming that the droid march as Anakin comes into the temple is tracked, I bet Williams was going to use a full blown choral version of it there.

The gaps in the cue sheet indicate that this, and other instances of tracked music, were pre-planned from the start. I doubt if Williams ever wrote anything for those scenes, and if he did it was most likely never recorded.

The gaps in the cue sheet indicate that this, and other instances of tracked music, were pre-planned from the start. I doubt if Williams ever wrote anything for those scenes, and if he did it was most likely never recorded.

Arg....

Well a man can dream, but the Droid March just doesn't seem dramatic enough for me...

Well a man can dream, but the Droid March just doesn't seem dramatic enough for me...

Not even close. Whoever's decision that that would be one of the tracked scenes should be smacked upside the head, even if it was Williams. The rest of the tracked cues don't bother me that much, they weren't pivitol scenes, but that would've been an awesome cue.

Okay, I am testing out how to post on this site (because I haven't posted on any site before--but have tried 3 times already to get this to work) and hopefully it will work this time.

I have been wanting this music since the movie came out. How can the soundtrack not include the Mace Vs. Sidious fight music? Or the Plagueis theme? Or the 'movie version' of the music after the Main Titles (those drums)?

Anyway, I have loved John Williams (and Star Wars) music for a long time now and I want to hear this music in full--however good it is with the special effects and dialogue--and however I can get my hands on it. I don't know how to ask for it and am not sure how to get it. But I want it!

Many thanks to you in advanced.

(By the way--my computer is a Mac. I don't know if that will effect the getting of the music)

-dtk-

Goooonnn, try the Trading board. There is a thread there where you can request these files.

Having a Mac should not effect you receiving the music so long as you have something that plays mp3 files.

Having revisited the film, I'm 100% certain you're wrong about this. "Grievous and the Droids" is one continuous piece. Cue up the film to the point where Anakin, Obi-Wan and Palpatine are trapped by the ray shield. As soon as you hear Artoo start to enter, hit play. Then sit back and let the track play out in its entirety. It syncs PERFECTLY all the way through. The opening action music is Artoo smashing into the wall and foursome getting surrounded by droids. The fanfare from 0:17-0:24 is exactly the right length (and character) for the exterior transitional shot of the Invisible Hand. Music becomes more subdued for the dialogue scene on the bridge. The Star Wars theme quote at 0:49 plays beneath Anakin's glowering close-up after Grievous says "I thought you'd be older". The music begins to crescendo as Obi-Wan says his "Not this time" schpiel, and the action motif kicks in the moment Artoo goes haywire. Action music proceeds as Obi-Wan and Anakin ignite their sabers and battle the droids. You can let the music play all the way through ... it fits the action perfectly and fades out as Anakin sits down to pilot the ship.

So it is! That's funny, because the first minute of "Grievous and the Droids" also syncs with the hangar battle... perfectly. Hit PLAY when Anakin's starfighter comes in for a landing, give or take a second. However, I like your idea better, since it involves not cutting up the track. :D

Revised cue list for my expanded OST:

DISC 1

01. 20th CENTURY FOX FANFARE

TPM UE CD 1 01 all

02. STAR WARS MAIN TITLE/BATTLE OF CORUSCANT

OST 01 0:00-4:46 (fake ending with reverb)

mix GAL mus_wookiee_quest_accept 0:11-end (This may not be the correct order, but *part* of this cue shows up in the film, and besides, I needed something to fix up that awful ending at OST 01 4:46.)

03. THE ELEVATOR SCENE

OST 01 5:21-end

04. GRIEVOUS AND THE DROIDS

OST 07 all

05. ANOTHER HAPPY LANDING

GAL mus_wookiee_quest_success 0:20-end (fake beginning with reversal and reverb)

06. GRIEVOUS SPEAKS TO LORD SIDIOUS/ANAKIN'S DREAM

OST 13 0:00-1:51

mix OST 02 all

07. COUNCIL APPOINTMENT

OST 06 2:27-3:13 (fake beginning and ending with reversal and reverb)

08. ANAKIN AND OBI-WAN CONFER

GAL mus_kashyyyk_rodian_safari 0:00-0:33 (fake ending with reverb)

OST 06 3:14-end (fake beginning with reversal and reverb)

09. PALPATINE'S TEACHINGS

OST 06 0:00-1:38

mix GAL mus_kashyyyk_droid_cave all (I know this isn't correct, because part of mus_kashyyyk_droid_cave is the music for Obi-Wan climbing out of the water, and the end is for an Anakin/Padmé conversation. However, it seems the game designers mixed this cue with the ballet music, and I don't feel like dealing with an impossible edit like that.)

10. OBI-WAN'S DEPARTURE (ALTERNATIVE)

GAL mus_rodian_quest_success 0:00-0:23 (fake ending with reverb)

11. ARRIVAL AT UTAPAU/SPYING ON GRIEVOUS

GAL mus_trandoshan_quest_accept all

mix OST 05 0:00-1:24 (fake ending with reverb)

12. GRIEVOUS ATTACKS

GAL mus_wookiee_quest_fail all

mix GAL mus_avatar_platform_final 0:06

mix/paste OST 01 4:46-5:21

mix/paste GAL mus_avatar_platform_final 0:58-end

13. PALPATINE'S SEDUCTION/ROLLING WITH GRIEVOUS

OST 06 1:37-2:30 (fake beginning with reversal and reverb)

mix/paste GAL mus_kashyyyk_ryratt_trail all

mix OST 05 1:24-end (Yes, I know about the "Rolling with Grievous" loop at the end, but I don't want to deal with making a clean ending on "Fighting with Grievous." :D)

14. ANAKIN'S NEWS

GAL mus_kashyyyk_rodian_safari 1:50-end (fake beginning with reversal and reverb)

15. PADMÉ'S RUMINATIONS/MURDER MISSION

OST 08 all

16. LAMENT

OST 04 0:00-2:51

mix/paste GAL mus_kashyyyk_elders_hut 0:00-0:25

mix/paste OST 04 2:52-end

DISC 2

1. ENTER LORD VADER

OST 11 all

2. CRIMES OF THE EMPIRE (This title is taken from the Sanskrit chorus in this track, which sings "Grievous are the crimes of the empire.")

OST 10 all

3. PADMÉ LEAVES FOR MUSTAFAR

OST 13 1:51-end

4. REUNION WITH ANAKIN

GAL mus_rodian_quest_accept all

5. OBI-WAN VS. VADER/YODA VS. SIDIOUS

OST 09 all

mix TPM OST 02 0:38-2:03

mix/paste TPM OST 02 3:06-3:33

mix/paste TPM OST 02 4:08-end

mix mus_rodian_quest_fail all

6. BATTLE OF THE HEROES

OST 03 all

7. THE IMMOLATION SCENE

OST 12 all

mix mus_kashyyyk_dead_forest 0:29-end (fake beginning with reversal and reverb)

8. THE BIRTH OF THE TWINS/PADMÉ'S DESTINY

OST 14 0:00-1:24

mix/paste GAL mus_trandoshan_quest_success 0:20-0:30 (Yes, out of order, but I'd rather have it here than as an awkward short track between "Birth" and "New Hope.")

mix/paste OST 14 1:25-end

9. A NEW HOPE/END CREDITS

OST 15 all

10. JOHN WILLIAMS INTERVIEW (Wal*Mart bonus download)

11. ENDLESSLY COMPELLING: THE MUSIC OF EPISODE III (Audio recording of Hyperspace video)

One request on revision: in the Immolation scene track, add the dialogue between Obi Wan and Anakin, where Obi Wan says "You were the chosen one!..." It is very powerful and would add to the score in my opinion. Other than that, it sounds great! Nice work!

Hey, Jack, great job on the score. I meant to post this earlier, but I was having trouble staying logged in here. I was curious about if you had a cue listing that you used to piece this together? I started doing one of my own a while ago, but you beat me to the conclusion, since I had trouble sorting through all the game files. I hope you don't mind, but I'm actually using yours as a guide for my own. I'm trying to wheedle out some of the sound effects and dialogue where I can, like during some of the COruscant battle. Sometimes it's not note for note (I may miss a beat t omake it sound better) like yours is, but it eliminates some of the dialogue and sound effects.

And I thought everyone in the world struggled to get rid of dialogue...  :D

Not really a fan of the dialog. But then again for some scenes like 'Palpatine's Seduction' I find myself wanting the dialog, just because it is soooo good.

Yet I still want to hear the music.

Perhaps it is late, and I can't make up my mind. :D

Wow, I can't believe I wasted so much time and 250mbs of bandwidth to get this crap. All you did was get the movie and extract the audio mixing in a bit of the soundtrack here and there. You can hear everyone talking and all the sound effects you might as well watch the movie, afterall it'd be better quality than this too. The people over at MF don't have to worry, they aren't missing out on anything.

There's gratitude for you. If you can't say something nice when someone makes their work available at almost no cost (save bandwidth and time) to you, you probably shouldn't say anything at all. Thunderous Applause indeed. Very witty. Please post often in the future.

This sudden surge of new members (not including myself, sorry!) will die down pretty soon after the Star Wars shock has worn off.

It'll die down once everyone realises this mix is total crap. The editing is really bad you can easily tell where one source starts and begins. For all those still wanting links don't bother it really isn't worth it. I don't know why you all think its so fantastic when its so obvious its crappy unless ur all deaf. You tried you failed. And don't worry I'm not posting here again, its my 2nd and final post. Why would I want to stick around here? To download another crappy mix, I don't think so!

It'll die down once everyone realises this mix is total crap. The editing is really bad you can easily tell where one source starts and begins. For all those still wanting links don't bother it really isn't worth it. I don't know why you all think its so fantastic when its so obvious its crappy unless ur all deaf. You tried you failed. And don't worry I'm not posting here again, its my 2nd and final post. Why would I want to stick around here? To download another crappy mix, I don't think so!

twat...

You MF.com guys just don't get it.We use this to study the score only.We spend a great deal of time here discussing the music edits in the film and unreleased score cues.We use it to check for the missing segments of music on the OST tracks,to re-edit the OST in chronological order,to study the motifs that aren't evident just by listening to the OST.Untill a better source comes out this is the only way we can listen to the film cues,even if thay are(sadly) burried under dialogue and effects.

K.M.

Not really a fan of the dialog. But then again for some scenes like 'Palpatine's Seduction' I find myself wanting the dialog, just because it is soooo good.

We are talking about Lucas dialogue, right?

THEfranz_conrad, thanks for the compliment.

Neil

I've seen RotS a third time,and I noticed the low volume music sound mix is actually more prevalent in quiet dualogue scenes.It's like they turned down the volume so low we can't hear the notes or "feel" the music.the music seems to be coming out of the front speaker only and seems distant behind the screen for lack of a better way to describe it,and doesn't come out of the side channels at all.It's like listening to the living room stereo...from your bedroom,you can still hear it,but only the louder parts.

K.M.

Jack: given that from the games we now have a wealth of new unreleased cues, have any/all/some been incorporated into your edit? I could go and listen to the whole thing again, but TBH I can't be bothered just to check where it is "music" and where it is "film audio".

If yes, thanks.

If no, when are you thinking of doing it?

You MF.com guys just don't get it.We use this to study the score only.We spend a great deal of time here discussing the music edits in the film and unreleased score cues.We use it to check for the missing segments of music on the OST tracks,to re-edit the OST in chronological order,to study the motifs that aren't evident just by listening to the OST.Untill a better source comes out this is the only way we can listen to the film cues,even if thay are(sadly) burried under dialogue and effects.

K.M.

MF.com is a different board with different interests. This isn't something they, or I...get. But the feud started when some people were very critical of the 128kbps SITH rips in April. The lack of gratitude for this work is reverberation from that first encounter.

Speaking of which...why the hell is this thing needlessly at 320kbps? We all have the OST...why does the shitty source need to be expanded to such a huge file size? Really...how can that be true 320kbps, Jack?

-Todd <-- who didn't like getting crap for his 192kbps Symphony for a Saga that was pretty damn good and used the 256kbps rip.

(I don't mean to troll around, and I'll stop...but just had to get it off my chest.)

You sir, are a FUCKING IDIOT! First of all, I have no idea what you are talking about regarding the quality - these are 320Kbps MP3's for starters - that is the highest bitrate MP3 available. If you are referring to the audio from the movie, then it is the best available at present. As for the Dialogue and effects - this thread title quite clearly indicates that this contains dialogue and effects in places - how do you suppose I go about removing them, hmm....? If you think you can do a better job, by all means go ahead. And those idiots at MF are really starting to piss me off with their childish little aligations of me having promoted myself - silly little kiddies, they just can't let it go that they have to register here to get a link. And as if that's not bad enough.. the New link has been leaked there again!

The soundtrack is 320Kbps - that's why it's encoded at 320Kbps.

And as for the guy who thinks I was insulting "Symphony for a Saga" because it was at 128Kbps or whatever -- How the hell would I know, I've never even listened to it!! o_O

And Vader77 (AKA Thunderous_Applause) is the only one who's really sad enough to insult this, given the resources at my disposal - the insults about the score are COMPLETELY ridiculous!

ARGH!!

And yes, all available video game music is used.

Whatever.. I give up, it's gone - no more links given out - I do nice things, people throw it back at me - no more future revisions, as future video game music is released I wont be revising it or re-uploading it.

THE END! (please close thread)

thanks to all ppl criticizing this awesome work. You dont get the point. You've done a really good job fucking ppl off!

I want to thank Jack for his work and time he spent on this. Don't get pissed off by ppl criticizing work they wouldn't get any better. They have no clue what they are talking. Thanks u shared this work with us.

-In the hope it won't be last time we get such great work by you!!