The Brit Awards=Shame on ITV

I watched the Brit Awards tonight and all I can say is that ITV here in the UK should be ashamed of themselves. There was not a mention of John Williams' well deserved win for Prisoner of Azk and Terminal.I even waited until the end of the program to see if there was a mention of awards not broadc ast in the edited version but not a sausage.

I am going to call ITV in the morning to register my complaint. I would like to know how other members feel about this injustice to our hero.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I felt exactly the same Mike, these truncated broadcast versions of the show usually do a "...and other winners this evening were...." round up during the end credits but not a single mention.

Other winners had video messages shown and I was hoping that Williams would have done the same but now we will never know! bowdown

Could be down to the British classical music snobbery again, but i'm going to email a complaint to ITV.

Exactly what I was about to start a thread about. That was not the Classical Brits 2005 - that was a highlights show. It was false advertiseing. What was particulalry disappointing is that Classic FM, who were heavily involved in organising the awards, really like soundtracks - they usually have a programme a day devoted to them. The Best Soundtrack award was also billed as one of the highest profile. But alas, ITV did not consider it thus. Grrrr....

I felt exactly the same way! I watched the whole thing, ready to record Williams' 'I can't be there with you' speech... and it never comes. And this is supposed to be a big new category for them. Thanks a lot ITV.

And it wasn't like the Bafta's which have all the minor awards in the 'earlier this evening' section - they missed out just the soundtrack award, out of about 7 or 8. I mean, does everyone have something against soundtracks that they deem not worthy of showing? It was just a classical performance show with a few awards given out (to fit in a few more ads breaks no doubt), and the worst part is that Simon Bates awarded the 'contribution' (I think) award, yet he's the presenter of 'ClassicFM at the Movies' :roll:

Absolutely inexcusable bowdown - and I'm going to e-mail a complaint as wel.

(And believe me, this isn't the first time ITV's significantly altered a programme to fit in a few more minutes of adverts. One I saw a few years back started literally 5 minutes late, and had the most awful edit in the middle to get rid of 5 minutes of the show)

Most of the viewing audiance wouldn't care who won the soundtrack award,

Not worth getting angry about.

I'm sure John himself wouldn't give a flying truck whether it was on TV or not

Take a deep breath and say to yourself " I can live with and accept the fact that not everybody loves John as much as I do"

"Most of the viewing audiance wouldn't care who won the soundtrack award, Not worth getting angry about."

Perhaps you missed the part where it stated this particular award would be presented. Why bother mentioning that prominently in the promos, if most people wouldn't care?

But, I guess you are a such a high level of enlightenment that you can blow off any disappointments in your own life in a David-Carradine-Kung-Fu kind of way. Too bad we can't all be like you.

Well then, did Williams win?

A Brit!

I too will be sending a bit of a whinge to ITV about this - they are easily contactable and I was disappointed by the whole coverage - not just the omission of JW....

Received this message below from Simon Bates @ Classic FM - turns out we didn't miss much anyway!

Date: 31/05/2005 06:38:31 GMT Daylight Time  

Reply To:  

To: JEDIMAESTRO@aol.com  

I'm afraid that John was unable to attend the ceremony and for some reason there

was no video link.

Classic FM Music for Babies

The brand new CD set of more than 2 hours of soothing classical  

favourites for babies - and their parents

Out now on 2 CDs from all good record stores, or online at

www.classicfm.com

=======================================================

CLASSIC FM

Classic FM House, 7 Swallow Place, London, W1B 2AG

Tel +44 (0) 20 7343 9000 Fax +44 (0) 20 7344 2700

Visit our website at http://www.classicfm.com

Well at least John Adams beat Elvis Costello in the contemporary section. And he provided a nice acceptance speech via video link. Ace!

You just can't beat the other bearded genius. And here's to you, Mr Adams. beerchug