Prequel Trilogy music update

lordskylark

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the PM's.

Lord Skylark,is it possible to learn those powers...If not can you update the UNRELEASED EP3 music files to higher bitrate ones(192 instead of 128)?

Very glad we have the cue Another Happy Landing,plus a few other transition fanfares.And some of the Going to Utaupau music.Plus the unreleased part of Lament is beautiful,I made a pretty good edit into the c.d. cue.

I hope more of this stuff leaks out.Since some Ep 2 unreleased music made it,it may mean that the complete score are in the hands of the game people.Lets hope enough leaks to issue a bootleg so that Sony will have to counter it with somekind of expanded edition,if that is what it takes to get them to release it.

Ok,I've inserted all the little bits in between the OST tracks,this is so cool,I want more!It improves the OST ten folds.I now pray for the opening of A New Hope,Padme's Funeral and Yoda Says Bye to Wookies to fall from the sky.

K.M.

Interestingly enough, the two cues that are mysterious in their placement also happen to segue into each other nicely, whether by coincidence or not. The ending of "Droid Cave" is in the same key as the opening of the new music in "Wookie Quest Accept"...

Also, "Trandoshan Quest Accept" ends in the same key as the start of "Riding the Lizard", and "Ryatt Trail" ends in the same key that the next cue ("Chasing Grievous in the Wheel Droid" or whatever it's called) starts in.

As they appear in order...

mus_wookie_quest_accept end = End of Space Battle, where Obi-Wan jumps out of his ship and Ignites his lightsaber

mus_wookie_quest_success second half = Another Happy Landing

mus_kashyyyk_rodian_safari = Just after Anakin complains about being put on the council and not being a master

mus_rodian_quest_success end = The end of the fanfare is used as a transition to Anakin's dream about Padmé

mus_kashyyyk_droid_cave without the middle synthy bit (used later)

which fades into...

mus_trandoshan_quest_accept beginning

some more stuff goes on for about 2 minutes that we don't have, then back to...

mus_trandoshan_quest_accept (end)

mus_wookie_quest_fail = as Obi-Wan drops that huge bit of metal on those droids before fighting Grievous

mus_avatar_platform_final beginning = When Grievous takes off his cloak and reveals his lightsabers to Obi-Wan

mus_avatar_platform_final end (where the timps start) = When the Camera close-up of Grievous' eyes occurs

mus_kashyyyk_ryratt_trail = When Palps talks to Anakin about the power of the Dark Side (edited in film)

mus_kashyyyk_elders_hut = When Anakin kills the Younglings

mus_kashyyyk_droid_cave (middle) = When Obi-Wan comes out of the Water

mus_rodian_quest_accept = Padmé goes to Mustafar (more of it in the Film)

mus_rodian_quest_fail = The end of the battle with Darth Sidious and Yoda

mus_kashyyyk_dead_forest (end) = When Darth Sidious saves Darth Vader at Mustafar

mus_trandoshan_quest_success (small part from middle) = When thingbob asks for the Protocol Droid's memory to be wiped

If I've missed anything, lemme know :|

Right. Thanks for all the hard work! Is there somebody who is able to post a detailed cue list how to edit the soundtrack with these cues to match the order Williams originally intended?

Right. Thanks for all the hard work! Is there somebody who is able to post a detailed cue list how to edit the soundtrack with these cues to match the order Williams originally intended?

Just wait for my Complete Score -- I'm releasing it tomorrow, Anyone who wants it can PM me for a link :P

It's a mighty fine release :shakehead:

What wonderful news! :P Great work Sky!

My only question is... How come this unreleased music wasn't discovered sooner? I thought the E3 games were out for a while now? :shakehead:

-Chris, Who realizes that this moment reminds me of the genesis and early years of JWfan.net/AKA John Williams Central/ AKA John Williams music (or whatever :P) back before I had my own PC and had to look via a friend's computer machine! LOL!

I'd be most appreciative if anyone whose navigated their way to this new material could point me in the direction of how to find the files. I've been on to the Star Wars Galaxies site, but luddite that I am, have become totally confused by the whole thing.

Thanking you in anticipation. :shakehead:

I hoped somehow by today the whole score without SFX would be available...oh well.Maybe cue by cue it will happen.

I must say that by finally putting this score in the best chronological order possible it has grown on me a lot.Battle of the Heroes is much better after Anakin vs ObiWan.The little snippets of unreleased fanfares brightens up things considerably,especially Another Happy Landing,and Going to Utaupau.

Again,I must say that those 20 unreleased seconds of Lament is the part of the score that most grabbed me in the cinema.It can be almost seamlessly edited into the c.d. track with some patience,raising it to a whole new level IMO.

Again,a higher bitrate version of the files containing unreleased music would be appreciated.

K.M.

Interestingly enough, the two cues that are mysterious in their placement also happen to segue into each other nicely, whether by coincidence or not. The ending of "Droid Cave" is in the same key as the opening of the new music in "Wookie Quest Accept"...

True. I think I will edit it this way, although keep in mind...

- the "Droid Cave" music, although it has the gutteral singing of the ballet, does not match any film cue.

- the last two-three notes of "Droid Cave" appear during Anakin and Padme's conversation (where Anakin promises to save Padme), after which the music segues to Obi-Wan's Utapau arrival (which is the "Trandoshan Quest Accept" music).

Also, "Trandoshan Quest Accept" ends in the same key as the start of "Riding the Lizard", and "Ryatt Trail" ends in the same key that the next cue ("Chasing Grievous in the Wheel Droid" or whatever it's called) starts in.

Yes, because this is how it goes in the film (except that most of "Chasing Grievous" is dialled out, so "Palpatine's Seduction" leads to nothing).

mus_wookie_quest_accept end = End of Space Battle, where Obi-Wan jumps out of his ship and Ignites his lightsaber

I don't think so. This scene is silent in the film, but it was scored with the beginning of "Grievous and the Droids" (try watching Episode III with a CD player, everything syncs perfectly). As elvisjones2005 pointed out, this bit is in the same key as the end of "Droid Cave."

True. I think I will edit it this way, although keep in mind...

- the "Droid Cave" music, although it has the gutteral singing of the ballet, does not match any film cue.

- the last two-three notes of "Droid Cave" appear during Anakin and Padme's conversation (where Anakin promises to save Padme), after which the music segues to Obi-Wan's Utapau arrival (which is the "Trandoshan Quest Accept" music).

Yes, because this is how it goes in the film (except that most of "Chasing Grievous" is dialled out, so "Palpatine's Seduction" leads to nothing).

I don't think so. This scene is silent in the film, but it was scored with the beginning of "Grievous and the Droids" (try watching Episode III with a CD player, everything syncs perfectly). As elvisjones2005 pointed out, this bit is in the same key as the end of "Droid Cave."

Nope... the very last thing you hear.. like the last 3 seconds of mus_wookie_quest_accept are DEFINETELY from the last 3 seconds of the Beginning space battle.. as Obi-Wan Jumps out of his ship and hits that droid with his light saber.. I'm positive! 100% :shakehead: and I think you've possibly misunderstood what scene I'm talking about because Grievous and the Droids isn't used at all in the beginning space battle, it isn't used until the point where Grievous starts fighting with Obi-Wan and Anakin in his ship and then he smashes the window and makes his escape...

OK... so does the TPM folder there have unreleased TPM music? If so, which tracks?

It has a lot, but the files are in poor quality. I will be getting lordskylark files from the PC version soon - wait for those.

JackChapple is right...however, everything up until those last few seconds is different.

(first post!)  :|

Yep, thanks, and welcome ;)

Music from "Racer Revenge" is now up at the FTP. I can't check it with my dial-up connection... anyone want to see if there's new music there? (Based on the time period, I believe it could only have TPM music.)

Music from "Racer Revenge" is now up at the FTP. I can't check it with my dial-up connection... anyone want to see if there's new music there? (Based on the time period, I believe it could only have TPM music.)

the link doesnt work. its like ftp:ftp

Could anyone give a detailed breakdown of 'Droid Cave'? (The Ballet - The Cave - The Ballet - Conversation? at what time exactly?)

Probably becuase we can't post links here.

Neil

i think the ballet runs the whole cue. the cave is superimposed to it. Impossible to edit it out it is (if i understood cerrabore right).

About trandoshan quest accept. It is not Obi Wans arrival to utapau. it is R4 departure from Utapau (or Obi wans fake departure), that's why it sync completely with Ridding the lizard. They are separete cues but one follows the other.

I think the only major sequence we don't have some part of now is, somewhat ironically, I Am The Senate. The one that we thought might be the Wal-Mart bonus track. The one that was the Shadows of the Empire forgery. The one that was on the original tracklist. It's strange how these things work...

John- eagerly waiting for the next Galaxies patch

A reaaly stupid question I know, but I just received through the post the cddvd of Star Wars Galaxies (the total experience version) and for the life of me I can't put my hands on a single music file. Admittedly, i'm a total luddite, but this is even worse than usual. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Probably becuase we can't post links here.

Neil

I don't remember entering any UBB. Must have been reflexive. :? I KNOW links aren't allowed...

I think the only major sequence we don't have some part of now is, somewhat ironically, I Am The Senate. The one that we thought might be the Wal-Mart bonus track. The one that was the Shadows of the Empire forgery. The one that was on the original tracklist. It's strange how these things work...

John- eagerly waiting for the next Galaxies patch

I'm sure I Am The Senate was intended for release on the OST.The some guy had the idea of making it a bonus cue.But that eventually got screwed up by Sony somehow,who just tossed in the radio edit of BotH to cover up their screw up.

That cue would have had the music of Palpatine-Mace duel,plus probably other scenes we don't have tagged at the beginning and ending.

K.M.

Does anyone know how to extract the music files from battlefront? (I have the pc version)

Also, does anyone know what program plays the music from Revenge of the Sith? (I have the xbox and ps2 versions)

Thanks,

~Sky

Does anyone know how to extract the music files from battlefront? (I have the pc version)

Also, does anyone know what program plays the music from Revenge of the Sith? (I have the xbox and ps2 versions)

Thanks,

~Sky

Do these games contain unreleased Ep3 Music? Lol

And what File extension do the music files / archives have?

Luke: The first eight seconds of trandoshan_quest_accept are from Obi-Wan's arrival, then it skips ahead to R4's departure.

For everyone else, I have many questions...

What is trandoshan_quest_fail? I'm assuming everyone knows but me since no one has mentioned it :?

Is there any new AotC music besides Oktikuti City?

Is the Coruscant fanfare in wookiee_quest_success (aka Another Happy Landing) tracked?

And last but not least...Jack Chapple said the synth part of kashyyyk_droid_cave was from Obi-wan getting out of the water on Utapau. Does anyone know if that music was supposed to go with that scene, and if more of kashyyyk_droid_cave is part of the cue than just the synth?

Many thanks to lordskylark for posting these files!

I'm sure I Am The Senate was intended for release on the OST.The some guy had the idea of making it a bonus cue.But that eventually got screwed up by Sony somehow,who just tossed in the radio edit of BotH to cover up their screw up.

That cue would have had the music of Palpatine-Mace duel,plus probably other scenes we don't have tagged at the beginning and ending.

K.M.

It's definately one of the biggest cues in the whole score. I love those brass hits as Anakin runs from his fighter into Palpatine's office. And that very, very dark, drawn out statement of the Force theme. Great stuff.

Just browsin'... has this been noticed before:

"Galactic Battlegrounds/Music01.mp3"

Contains some DotF without chorus :D Cool

Galactic Battlegrounds/Music05 (clones).mp3

WOW ! That contains lots of unheard / unreleased Arena music near the end - I love it ! :D

Wow indeed! This is a good time to be a JW fan :D

I know I heard the extended Dooku chase in there

What is trandoshan_quest_fail? I'm assuming everyone knows but me since no one has mentioned it Confused

Fanfare as Obi-Wan crushes Grievous's bodyguards with a large metal block and cuts off the remaining one's head.

Is there any new AotC music besides Oktikuti City?

I think there are clean endings to "Anakin and Padme" and "The Meadow Picnic" ... or something... somewhere in Galaxies. There's also a clean ending to the post-main title music, which I know is mus_teammate_die_b.mp3.

Is the Coruscant fanfare in wookiee_quest_success (aka Another Happy Landing) tracked?

Tracked, what do you mean? Videogame music can't be "tracked." But if you're asking if the fanfare and "Another Happy Landing" are separate cues, then yes. Separate them.

And last but not least...Jack Chapple said the synth part of kashyyyk_droid_cave was from Obi-wan getting out of the water on Utapau. Does anyone know if that music was supposed to go with that scene, and if more of kashyyyk_droid_cave is part of the cue than just the synth?

I think this cue is the synth music mixed with the throat chorus from "Palpatine's TV Set," the beginning of "Palpatine's Teachings."

Thanks, Cerrabore! :D However, wookiee_quest_fail is the file you're referring to. I've already edited in everything that's been discussed here, but no one has mentioned trandoshan_quest_fail.

As for the synth...what I've been trying to figure out is whether the other stuff around the synth that has also been pasted over the opera music is part of the same cue as the synth, where that cue begins and ends, and whether it was meant for Obi-Wan getting out of the water (where the synth appears in the film).

WOW ! That contains lots of unheard / unreleased Arena music near the end - I love it ! :D

Now, I'm far from an expert here. I often don't have an ear for things like this, and I haven't actually listened to Clones in a while. But just to see how much different stuff is in Music05.mp3, I opened both it and "Love Pledge / The Arena" off of the OST in Sound Forge to compare and constrast them.

Starting at 1:55 in the OST Track, it and Music05.mp3 is nigh-identical. I'm assuming that this is the start of the actual "Arena" cue. At about 6:59 in the OST, there's a really harsh edit, whereas Music05 (at about 5:05) continues relatively smoothly with "new" music. The new music in Music05, however, only lasts for about twenty seconds (to 5:25) before it rejoins the OST track until the end.

So basically, the producers cut twenty seconds out of The Arena for no discernable reason. On the upside, the quality of Music05.mp3 is top notch, so you could just slap the Love Pledge in front of it and burn a new OST with it, if you so desired.

I'm not sure what parts are the unreleased ones,since the cue is so disorganised to begin with.I can usually tell the unreleased parts right away but this one is pretty aimless.

The release of the AotC Elevator music is a good sign that more may be coming.

K.M.

It's probably not applicable to anyone here (i'm probably the only doofus who has ending up doing this), but a small word to the wise. If you're thinking of buying the SW Galaxies pcdvd in order to get these files, give it a wide berth.

The disc is meant to have everything (as far as I can tell), upgrades included (inc. Rage Of The Wookies) but you seem to need a whole other code for registering the wookies upgrade. With only one the one code provided, you seem to have to pay all over again for the wookies part. The whole thing is utterly frustrating and my copy is about to be ritually massacreed in the worst possible way.

As I say, probably not a probable for most people here, but just in case anyone was planning on throwing money down the toilet...........

Alright, I uploaded a sample file from the xbox version of Revenge of the Sith and a compressed folder that's supposed to contain all the audio files for a specific level from battlefront (there's a file for each zone compressed with all the sound files) to the FTP if anyone wants to see if they can get them to play (ROTS) or extracted (BF)

"gcw.lvl" is one of the compressed BF audio file archieves.

"mus_ui_mainmenu_lp.hwx" is one of the Revenge of the Sith audio files

Also, there's another videogame for PS2 that I can't get the audio files to play correctly. It's from Warriors of Might and Magic. But, just a side note. I'm uploading "COMBAT0.SND" which is a file from that game if someone wanted to look at that.

Thanks. God bless,

~Sky

PS

Sorry about not getting back to all the people about the FTP info right away (PM and emails). I got alot and I don't have all that much time right now. Hopefully I'll get to all of them this weekend. Sorry guys!

Alright, I uploaded a sample file from the xbox version of Revenge of the Sith and a compressed folder that's supposed to contain all the audio files for a specific level from battlefront (there's a file for each zone compressed with all the sound files) to the FTP if anyone wants to see if they can get them to play (ROTS) or extracted (BF)

"gcw.lvl" is one of the compressed BF audio file archieves.

"mus_ui_mainmenu_lp.hwx" is one of the Revenge of the Sith audio files

Also, there's another videogame for PS2 that I can't get the audio files to play correctly. It's from Warriors of Might and Magic. But, just a side note. I'm uploading "COMBAT0.SND" which is a file from that game if someone wanted to look at that.  

Thanks. God bless,

~Sky

PS

Sorry about not getting back to all the people about the FTP info right away (PM and emails). I got alot and I don't have all that much time right now. Hopefully I'll get to all of them this weekend. Sorry guys!

How do you extract the music from the archives? Thanks :)

Just browsin'... has this been noticed before:

"Galactic Battlegrounds/Music01.mp3"

Contains some DotF without chorus :) Cool

WOW ! That contains lots of unheard / unreleased Arena music near the end - I love it !

The music 01 is part of the orchestral version of DOF.

Music 05 contains the 'dooku orders the geonosian fighters to attack the republic gunship' that was edited out from the OST, but it is included on the movie.