Prequel Trilogy music update

lordskylark

Just browsin'... has this been noticed before:

"Galactic Battlegrounds/Music01.mp3"

Contains some DotF without chorus :) Cool

Galactic Battlegrounds/Music05 (clones).mp3

WOW ! That contains lots of unheard / unreleased Arena music near the end - I love it !

The music 01 is part of the orchestral version of DOF.

Music 05 contains the 'dooku orders the geonosian fighters to attack the republic gunship' that was edited out from the OST, but it is included on the movie.

I know, I was just sayin :(

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THat's the thing. I don't know how to play or extract those files. That was the point to the post, to see if anyone knew anything about those files.

~Sky

(I had a question in the other thread so I'll repost it here.)

(I know this isn't correct, because part of mus_kashyyyk_droid_cave is the music for Obi-Wan climbing out of the water, and the end is for an Anakin/Padmé conversation. However, it seems the game designers mixed this cue with the ballet music, and I don't feel like dealing with an impossible edit like that.)

The scene where he climbs out of the water, where does it fit in chronologically? And the Anakin Padmé conversation? Between tracks 10 - 11? (Refers to Cerrabore's track list).

Thanks!

I think there are clean endings to "Anakin and Padme" and "The Meadow Picnic" ... or something... somewhere in Galaxies.

Does anybody know already where exactly?

About the AOTC Galactic Battlegrounds music, it's actually a seperate cue from The Arena, the portion of the cue that is on the OST was just put on that track. The unreleased music is the only original music that Williams wrote for the Battle of Geonosis before the Jedi duel starts. It starts when the Trade Federation ship that the clones "concentrated fire" on goes down, continues through the shot of the clones firing in a lot of dust, and then the entire Dooku chase. It basically goes unreleased-OST-unreleased-OST, if anyone wants times I can dig them up somewhere.

I think there are clean endings to "Anakin and Padme" and "The Meadow Picnic" ... or something... somewhere in Galaxies.

Does anybody know already where exactly?

The end of "The Meadow Picnic" is the second half of mus_rodian_quest_success.mp3, if my notes here are right.

About the AOTC Galactic Battlegrounds music, it's actually a seperate cue from The Arena, the portion of the cue that is on the OST was just put on that track. The unreleased music is the only original music that Williams wrote for the Battle of Geonosis before the Jedi duel starts. It starts when the Trade Federation ship that the clones "concentrated fire" on goes down, continues through the shot of the clones firing in a lot of dust, and then the entire Dooku chase. It basically goes unreleased-OST-unreleased-OST, if anyone wants times I can dig them up somewhere.

no need, if i remember well, it is complete, just needs to be pasted with Love Pledge and the arena from the ost. i mean get the where that cue starts in the OST and paste from the game file the same section...

And isnt it Cound dooku's chase? (the entire cue)

I haven't figured out anyway to extract those files Skylark, sorry... I did find a lvl extractor but it is designed for textures rather than audio.

ah the man behind the controversy at the millennium falcon trash site.

ah the man behind the controversy at the millennium falcon trash site.

It's not my fault if they wanna diss my release - let them .. gawd , idiocy at it's best

JC can you post a picture of you avatar thats a little larger to see?

I listened to the Galaxies ending for the meadow picnic, and it sounds like the game designers faded the track out at the end, so I'm not sure this is really a "clean" ending...I faded that part myself when splitting up the cues, and the Galaxies fade-out was almost exactly the same length as mine.

Okay, I'm confused. What is "FTP"? I would love to check that "Racer's Revenge" music out. And also, can anyone send me a PM concerning sending me the Oktikuti (sp?) City clip? I don't have Revenge of the Sith yet, nor have I seen the movie, so I'd rather not have that stuff yet. Thanks in advance! :mrgreen:

I use a program called LeechFTP, but it's kinda old and you may not even be able to find it. Somebody else may be able to recommend a better one. I'd just check Download.com for a good one.

I use a program called LeechFTP, but it's kinda old and you may not even be able to find it. Somebody else may be able to recommend a better one. I'd just check Download.com for a good one.

Smart FTP

The scene where he climbs out of the water, where does it fit in chronologically? And the Anakin Padmé conversation? Between tracks 10 - 11? (Refers to Cerrabore's track list).

When he climbs out of the water... that's after "Lament," specifically following the unreleased section where Bail Organa escapes the Jedi Temple. If I put it on my CD that way, it would be track 1 of disc 2, with "Enter Lord Vader" being second.

Anakin and Padme's conversation goes right into "Arrival at Utapau," the two cues are mixed.

Well, if you go to the main page of the FTP, the unreleased source music is there... not in the most desirable form, though.

Well, if you go to the main page of the FTP, the unreleased source music is there... not in the most desirable form, though.

Yep, and I was the one who ripped it.

lordskylark - I found some information about editing Battlefront .lvl files.  It looks tricky to me...

http://personal.riley-man.com/swbf/editing/

As I said earlier, that is regarding the textures within the .lvl files, and not the audio :mrgreen:

Are we sure the audio is actually contained within the .lvl files, and not just textures?

Please could somebody PM or e-mail me these previously unreleased tracks? I would be very grateful for them. Thank you very much.

E-Wan

e-wan@cswu.cz

lordskylark - I found some information about editing Battlefront .lvl files.  It looks tricky to me...

As I said earlier, that is regarding the textures within the .lvl files, and not the audio :mrgreen:

Are we sure the audio is actually contained within the .lvl files, and not just textures?

K.M.Who doesn't understand what the hell your talking about.

Thanks Cerrabore. I guess you can tell how much I listen to "Jedi Rocks." Give me good ol' "Lapti Nek" any day of the week!

K.M.Who doesn't understand what the hell your talking about.

Lol, sorry - forgot I wasn't at a fourm for computer nerds :wave: (I hang around in them a bit LOL)

By Textures, I mean the files that contain the physical graphics of the game, if you will... rather than audio.. from what I can tell, the .lvl files do not contain music/audio -- only the physical Graphics for the game.

Yes, music is in the .lvl files.

"The new Audio Stream Chunk, Sound Chunk, and Music Chunk references pages have been added. These chunks contain the actual audio data, tasks to perform for sounds, and tasks to perform for music, respectively."

"The audio stream chunk, marked by the 32-bit integer code 0x5BB97F21, presumably contains both music and sound effects data. It is currently unknown whether the audio data itself is uncompressed PCM, or a compressed format, or perhaps some of both. It would not be unusual for short sounds (radio chatter, sound effects, etc.) to be uncompressed PCM, while music might be in MP3 or another compressed format."

Maybe if you e-mailed this d00d he could give more information? Yes, the focus is on textures, but if he's right about music being compressed in a common format maybe he could figure out how to extract those, then leave the rest to us. :mrgreen:

I haven't found anything at all about the RotS files...

BTW, what's the story with the Jedi Academy and Clone Wars end credits on your ftp?

Almost every single file in the game is a .lvl archive. There's seperate folders with seperate .lvl files. And these are a group of .lvl files in the 'SOUND' folder...

Thanks,

~Sky

I'l post it here then:

Revised cue list for my expanded OST:  

DISC 1  

01. 20th CENTURY FOX FANFARE  

TPM UE CD 1 01 all  

02. STAR WARS MAIN TITLE/BATTLE OF CORUSCANT  

OST 01 0:00-4:46 (fake ending with reverb)  

mix GAL mus_wookiee_quest_accept 0:11-end (This may not be the correct order, but *part* of this cue shows up in the film, and besides, I needed something to fix up that awful ending at OST 01 4:46.)  

03. THE ELEVATOR SCENE  

OST 01 5:21-end  

04. GRIEVOUS AND THE DROIDS  

OST 07 all  

05. ANOTHER HAPPY LANDING  

GAL mus_wookiee_quest_success 0:20-end (fake beginning with reversal and reverb)  

06. GRIEVOUS SPEAKS TO LORD SIDIOUS/ANAKIN'S DREAM  

OST 13 0:00-1:51  

mix OST 02 all  

07. COUNCIL APPOINTMENT  

OST 06 2:27-3:13 (fake beginning and ending with reversal and reverb)  

08. ANAKIN AND OBI-WAN CONFER  

GAL mus_kashyyyk_rodian_safari 0:00-0:33 (fake ending with reverb)  

OST 06 3:14-end (fake beginning with reversal and reverb)  

09. PALPATINE'S TEACHINGS  

OST 06 0:00-1:38  

mix GAL mus_kashyyyk_droid_cave all (I know this isn't correct, because part of mus_kashyyyk_droid_cave is the music for Obi-Wan climbing out of the water, and the end is for an Anakin/Padmé conversation. However, it seems the game designers mixed this cue with the ballet music, and I don't feel like dealing with an impossible edit like that.)  

10. OBI-WAN'S DEPARTURE (ALTERNATIVE)  

GAL mus_rodian_quest_success 0:00-0:23 (fake ending with reverb)  

11. ARRIVAL AT UTAPAU/SPYING ON GRIEVOUS  

GAL mus_trandoshan_quest_accept all  

mix OST 05 0:00-1:24 (fake ending with reverb)  

12. GRIEVOUS ATTACKS  

GAL mus_wookiee_quest_fail all  

mix GAL mus_avatar_platform_final 0:06  

mix/paste OST 01 4:46-5:21  

mix/paste GAL mus_avatar_platform_final 0:58-end  

13. PALPATINE'S SEDUCTION/ROLLING WITH GRIEVOUS  

OST 06 1:37-2:30 (fake beginning with reversal and reverb)  

mix/paste GAL mus_kashyyyk_ryratt_trail all  

mix OST 05 1:24-end (Yes, I know about the "Rolling with Grievous" loop at the end, but I don't want to deal with making a clean ending on "Fighting with Grievous." )  

14. ANAKIN'S NEWS  

GAL mus_kashyyyk_rodian_safari 1:50-end (fake beginning with reversal and reverb)  

15. PADMÉ'S RUMINATIONS/MURDER MISSION  

OST 08 all  

16. LAMENT  

OST 04 0:00-2:51  

mix/paste GAL mus_kashyyyk_elders_hut 0:00-0:25  

mix/paste OST 04 2:52-end  

DISC 2  

1. ENTER LORD VADER  

OST 11 all  

2. CRIMES OF THE EMPIRE (This title is taken from the Sanskrit chorus in this track, which sings "Grievous are the crimes of the empire.")  

OST 10 all  

3. PADMÉ LEAVES FOR MUSTAFAR  

OST 13 1:51-end  

4. REUNION WITH ANAKIN  

GAL mus_rodian_quest_accept all  

5. OBI-WAN VS. VADER/YODA VS. SIDIOUS  

OST 09 all  

mix TPM OST 02 0:38-2:03  

mix/paste TPM OST 02 3:06-3:33  

mix/paste TPM OST 02 4:08-end  

mix mus_rodian_quest_fail all  

6. BATTLE OF THE HEROES  

OST 03 all  

7. THE IMMOLATION SCENE  

OST 12 all  

mix mus_kashyyyk_dead_forest 0:29-end (fake beginning with reversal and reverb)  

8. THE BIRTH OF THE TWINS/PADMÉ'S DESTINY  

OST 14 0:00-1:24  

mix/paste GAL mus_trandoshan_quest_success 0:20-0:30 (Yes, out of order, but I'd rather have it here than as an awkward short track between "Birth" and "New Hope.")  

mix/paste OST 14 1:25-end  

9. A NEW HOPE/END CREDITS  

OST 15 all  

10. JOHN WILLIAMS INTERVIEW (Wal*Mart bonus download)  

11. ENDLESSLY COMPELLING: THE MUSIC OF EPISODE III (Audio recording of Hyperspace video)

I have a question:

what scene exactly in the film are the cues 2M2A Palpatine's TV Set and 3M3 Palpatine's Big Pitch?I need a short visual description.

K.M.

what scene exactly in the film are the cues 3M2A Palpatine's TV Set and 3M3 Palpatine's Big Pitch?I need a short visual description.

I think 3M2A (Palpy's TV Set) is the ballet source music, and 3M3 is the Darth Plagius story.

Call me crazy but I remember on the Bounty Hunter game, its been a while since I played, the music which mostly consisted of drums from the scene where Anakin and Dooku are dueling on Geonosis was on that game. Can anyone confirm or deny my memory of this music being on the game?

Bounty Hunter has just been uploaded. It has the Duel with Dooku clip, and there may be more unreleased music as well - not to be confused with the partially original soundtrack by Jeremy Soule.

Cerrabore, can you point me in the direction of some of the specific tracks that contain that unreleased AOTC music from Bounty Hunter?

I just downloaded Music004 and the left and right channels are offset!

Anyone have the track times for the new material?

Hmm,did Wiliams really composed thise percussions for the Dooku duel music?Or was this Ben Burtt messing around with synth drums

Not sure if he should include this in the AotC soundtrack