New, Really Cool Composers Competition!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that I will submit music to this competition as well- I have had experience in writing for films, television, theater, and the concert hall. Anybody that is interested- one of the films that I scored is available for sale for $9.99. You can see the trailer for it on www.thelastlaughmovie.com. If anybody wants to order a copy of the fifteen-minute DVD (which includes the film, trailer, and Spanish subtitles), send me an e-mail at 'rsp3studio@yahoo.com'. Talk to you all soon!

Robert Summers Potterton III S.P.C.

Composer, Keyboardist, Conductor

www.rsp3.com

phew, good thing the due was set to July 12th, I've been at the country house the past week and missed some time... but I think I can still have something done for July 12th...

Strongbad! I sent you a Private Message. Unrelated to the contest, but this is the best way to alert you methinks.

Jesse

Whew!

I've had to write a last min. marching band arrangment of when you wish upon a star/ zippity do dah for my high schools marching band.(All disney show... Go figure)

I dont know if i'll be able to make the deadline.. Who knows maybe i'll have half a score done by then.

• 2 weeks later...

I doubt I'll make the deadline. I started a long time ago but never went anywhere with it. I've been very busy with Civil Air Patrol stuff.

Justin - Who has a bunch of stuff in his head and on the keyboard but just has to write it down. :)

Well then, if you two pull out, how many people do we still have? (those who have already submitted something need not reply).

I'm asking this because maybe it's worth just postponing the deadline instead of having a 2 person competition!

It depends on whether the due date is July 12th at 12AM or 11:59 PM. 12 AM might be cutting it close, but 11:59 would give me another night to finish it up. I composed the beginning, but have also been working on a 5 minute concert piece that came out of nowhere.

David Vincent came up with a really great idea. How about we do it this way: No due date...but only the next 2 are allowed in the competition. I already have 2 files, and about 4 more people composing out there...so as soon as I get two more in, I'll get going on formatting the files!

sorry, have to pull out.... if anybody noticed my participation that's another thing :) anyway, sorry I couldn't join in the fun... I wish the remaining contestants all the best and luck!

• 3 months later...
if it's not, i need the clip! i can't write unless i've got the footage infront of me.

You have in the 1st page of this thread the description second per second of the footage to underscore.

I have made my composition only using StrongBad992648's description and I think it is enough.

I have still not seen the clip but I am willing to see the final result with all the other compositions.

I have only made a MIDI file and now, I am looking for someone able to use a software to turn the sound like a real orchestra :|

Thank you.

well this sucks, the whole idea of film composing is that you write music to film, otherwise you're just writing music to which a film could be synced. Why do you think most sequencing programmes have an import movie function. Well, i can't write in these conditions. i cancel my request to join, your loss.