E.T. End Credits piano Solo

Jacck

Hi y'all... I'm playing in a recital in July and I'd like to get my hands on that piano part from the End Credits suite from E.T. ... (it would save me figuring out how to *roughly* play it by ear) .. so If anyone knows if it's available and where from ,, would be most appreciative!!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As a composer, you should be able to transcribe it, no? I'm afraid I know of no sheet music that contains this. But I have seen piano version of ET's Halloween which has some similar passages.

Hi y'all... I'm playing in a recital in July and I'd like to get my hands on that piano part from the End Credits suite from E.T. ... (it would save me figuring out how to *roughly* play it by ear) .. so If anyone knows if it's available and where from ,, would be most appreciative!!

The piano solo called "Over the Moon" is indeed available to as sheet music. I had some .jpg files of it, somewhere.

The piano solo called "Over the Moon" is indeed available to as sheet music. I had some .jpg files of it, somewhere.

Jeshopk - I could but I would have to sit down at the piano and listen and write down as I go along which would take a while - I'd rather not...

And Ender.. I'd love those JPG's if you would be so kind! =)

Well, I don't know if it's still available, but I know that it was. In fact, I do have it. It's the standard sheet music arranged for piano. Most of the pieces (E.T. and Me, Adventures on Earth, and so on) has been arranged by someone, but Over the Moon carries no byline which says "Arranged by . . ." which means, of course, that this was how John Williams originally wrote it. It's a really amazing piece, and I'm kind of proud to say that after rehearsing for some time, I'm able to play it. It sounds real good, too.

:)

I have a jpeg of the sheet music of the flying theme, but since I can't read music, I don't know if it includes that piano intro. You can get it at:

http://mahawa.jw-music.net/sheet/sheet.htm

Thanks but that doesn't include the part that I'm looking for .. I just want the bit from the first minute or so of the end credits as played by the piano.. :)

I just want that bit so I can play it exactly as John Williams intended bowdown

I just want that bit so I can play it exactly as John Williams intended :P

My recommendation would be to take a CD player with you, go to the last track, and hit play... :D. That should get it pretty close.

Tim

Josh500 - What you described is just the piece of sheet music from E.T. I'd like to get. I wonder if that particular "Over The Moon" is still available?

I have the piano solo music for the "Theme from Sabrina", it's exactly the real thing and so fun to play. (Also got the "Theme from Angela's Ashes" and it is very good as well.)

Greta

Jack, I have an accurate MIDI file of the End Credits and I guess it can help you to figure the notes to play on piano.

http://musicby.jw-music.net/download.php?u...=midi/etend.mid

By the way, if somebody is able to make a MIDI file of this cue titled Over the Moon, then I am really interested ! :-)