Will WotW garner an Oscar nomination for best picture?

Josh500

Will WotW garner an Oscar nomination for best picture?  

15 members have voted

1. 1.

• No way!!!
    • Might. After all, Star Wars and E.T. did too, didn't they?
    • This is Spielberg's biggest movie since CE3K!!! Of course it will!!!
    • How in the world would I know? It's the Oscars! The best picture NEVER gets nominated.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sight unseen, I would think this film has no chance. Spielber has made more important films that have not been nominated. I think a big-budget remake/revisioning will not be in the voters' scopes.

Hold out for other categories, though.

Sight unseen, I would think this film has no chance. Spielber has made more important films that have not been nominated. I think a big-budget remake/revisioning will not be in the voters' scopes.

Wise words.

The answer is no.

Let's hope the Peter Jackson hype doesn't make the contrary...

How in the world would I know? It's the Oscars! The best picture NEVER gets nominated.

Not true.

Morlock- who says no.

The few early reviews have been so good that maybe it might just surprise and garner a Best Picture nod, after all Jaws did, Raiders did, E.T. did.

From a certain POV  :)  

And for the record, "Gladiator" deserved it

No, it didn't. And if it did, it's only because 2000 was a rather sucky year, movie wise (even so, it ain't best picture).

Why not nominate ROTS while were at it?

Its halfway through the year, no one has even seen it yet.

I have a poll......

Are there too many needless polls around?

Maybe deserved a nomination, but I agree, not BEST picture of 2000 (Crouching Tiger wins hands down for me).

2000 actually had two of the best movies of the year nominated for best picture (Crouching Tiger and Traffic), and another one nominated for a bunch of other stuff (Almost Famous), and all three got a respectible slice of the awards.

Oh, and back to the subject, judging from this review, WoTW is a very different movie than I expected, and has a bigger chance of having a larger presence at next year's awards. May have been posted already, but that review did it for me. I finally understand how the movie can be great.

Oh, and back to the subject, judging from this review, WoTW is a very different movie than I expected, and has a bigger chance of having a larger presence at next year's awards. May have been posted already, but that review did it for me. I finally understand how the movie can be great.

Please, never ever judge from a "Ain't it cool news"-Site. These guys over there are just fans writing some blabla reviews, which should not be taken seriously. Somehow I suspect they are being paid by the industry to post previews, which mostly praise the given movie in advance.

That is precisely what I've said several times before. But the donated reviews are usually more trustworthy than the AICN staff's.