those of you who have been to Tanglewood

flytrumpet

Hey,i'm going to the Tanglewood concert in august,and i'm wondering if there's an easy access to the stage door so we could (hopefully)meet with JW,or have him sign something.

Thanks

Richard

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

To a stage door? Not that I know of. But I heard that JW sometimes comes out after the concert for pictures. When I went, Yo-Yo Ma came out, but not JW.

Morlock- who just learned that good friends of his dad's have just bought a summer home in Pittsfield, right near Tanglewood ROTFLMAO

There is a door around the right side (stage left) of the Koussa-whatever* music shed. This is where a line always forms for it, and where they tell you to wait.

BUT, I've been there three times with no success.

* I can say it, I just can't spell it, and I'm too lazy to look it up. ;-)

I've been inside that door to meet Williams. Williams will be aware of the line there to see him and will decide whether or not he has time to meet people.

I've been inside that door to meet Williams. Williams will be aware of the line there to see him and will decide whether or not he has time to meet people.

Seriously? I've been there for three of the last four Williams performances there and he's never come out. We wait the whole time by that ramp for a half hour, and then we're told he's not coming out. Since he departs by the left entrance to the stage, we never see him leave either if we want to chance waiting. And given the fact that Josh Groban is performing in August, the crowd afterwards will be enormous that night, making it certain that Williams will not come out.

Yes, the last time I was there and Williams/Groban performed, the screaming teenies rushed Groban in his golf cart on the way to the side door. The time I met him there was in 1996 or something, since then no luck. But I have met him at Symphony Hall since.