The George Lucas AFI Tribute

Lurker

Lots of Williams music is being played on this show and Williams can be seen sitting next to Calista Flockhart. He also spoke about 95 minutes into the program about working with Lucas on Star Wars. You can check out the air times here.

Neil

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sucks, Williams gets a friggin sentence! He should get his own little video reel. Anyways good tribute so far.

Ok forget my above statement, Lucas fixed the problem with a damn sweet comment about JW!

Lucas-&-Spielberg-Show.jpg

"Mine!"

"No! MINE!"

Expanding on this...

"Mine! Or direct Indy 4 I will not!"

Anyway, I knew this was on. I decided not to watch it because most of these things are pretty boring after the first hour. I should have thought Williams would be in the audience. If he didn't get much mention, I won't go out of my way to watch the rerun.

Is it just me, or was there a bit too much on-camera chemistry between Williams and Flockhart? Those two were in many shots together... it made them look like a couple... :?

I watched about an hour of the rerun, got bored and switched channels. I planned to come back at the 90-minute mark but forgot. Oh well. I doubt it was anything interesting. Anyone got a transcript of Williams' speech?

Here is the entire speech.

I want to congratulate George on this award, he's so deserving.

It was through his vision and great directoral efforts that I was able to supply him with the scores to E.T. Jaws, I'm sorry Star Wars, Close Encounter, the Empire Strikes back, Raiders and Superman.

I've really enjoyed my time working with him and his crew, especially Ben Burtt, who thankfully has moved over to Pixar so he won't f censored up anymore of my Go censored scores, the little p censored I hope you rot in censored censored, and someone take a broken coke bottle to your censored censored.

YOU know what censored all of you, all of you, I deserved better from the Academy and then I have to get up and kiss this dufusses hairy censored, someone has got some real censored up priorities here, giving this award to this dumb censored. So kiss my censored you ungrateful censored censored.

the following is what Jerry Goldsmith had to say at the tribute:

ROTFLMAO:D

gosh I've probably offended half of the puritans here.