Star Wars Prequel Music Resource

Henry B

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The AotC DVD Rip is basically useless.not one cue sounds good enough to include in a Expanded edition of somekind.When there's no dialogue there alwauys some engin humm or turbine rumbling in the background.

There may be some SFX and echos, but sometimes it's worth it. I could listen to "The Dark Side Takes Root" twenty times in a row, echoes be damned.

Some of the unreleased AotC cues are actually pretty good,like that one and Shmis' Funeral.A lot of others are just repetition of the Mystery Motif.Still the AotC score is actually improving in my books.

K.M.

I talked to a friend of mine last night who works with computers and he's planning on getting Battlefront 2 as soon as possible. I might be able to go to his house and check for music. Is it for sure that you'd have to have some sort of recording program, or might they be obtainable in folders like with TPM?

EDIT: Also, can anyone give me the exact times on how to execute the mix with "Grievous Speaks to Lord Sidious/Anakin's Dream"? No matter what I do, I can't seem to get it without an edit click.

The two sustained string notes should fade into each other naturally. I'm not sure what you're doing that would cause it to click.

I mixed it in just before the last note of Grievous Speaks To Lord Sididious, so it has pretty much already started by the the time the fading string note starts.

Hm. Still having trouble. I'll have to work with it a while.

I can't believe I never noticed, though, that apparently, original music was never even recorded for scenes such as the march on the Jedi Temple! So either Lucas told JW straight-up that those scenes were going to be tracked, or JW actually CHOSE to track those right off the bat! Now, I can't imagine JW making a choice like that, so I ask: WHAT WAS LUCAS THINKING???!!!! I'm seriously ticked right now. One can only hope that perhaps he recorded original music for those scenes during new recording for the OT.

Hm. Still having trouble. I'll have to work with it a while.

1. Cut "A Moody Trip" off the end of t13.

2. Select all of t2 and click on Copy.

3. Position the cursor at the sustained string note that now ends "Grievous Travels to Palpatine."

4. Mix.

You don't need to do any kind of crossfade. The fade is natural.

hy guys, iam playing bf2 and i heared the cue from the scene where anakin and obi-wan fighting on the pipes on mustafar ...

is it released or not ? i dont know ... sounds new to me ...

the cue is coming when you're playing lord vader ... i recorded a poor version with my mic. if someone is intrested.

Your playing the full version of BF2?...Because we're all interested in those clips.Maybe you can send them to Cerrrabore or me untill he's around to check it out...If it's the OPENING to The Boys Continue(music in between Yoda Falls and Yoda Crawls trouht the Pipes),then that's the only duel music still unreleased.What recorder did you use?Are you playing on X-box or PC?

K.M.

yeah, full version ... in germany its out now :angry:

playing it on pc and recorded it with adobe audition ... but it was my first time.

mail me if someone is intrested. frank_hnatek@gmx.net

Holy F*ck!You are now officially the Dude of the Day.

The complete The Boys Continue is now releasedComplete,no fadeout at a critical point.Can you make a better bitrate recording and file?

K.M.

This is very exciting! Sith Tryann do a google search for "Total Record" and you can get the trail version. It just works as good as the real thing. Just hit record after you install the game and load up your game and it'll start recording the music when the game loads up. It'll do a digital recording of it. Once you get the piece of music exit the game and just stop the recording.

Just save the file as wav then download some sort of wav to mp3 converter and convert it over to mp3 with the bit rate of 320kbs.

Just save the file as wav then download some sort of wav to mp3 converter and convert it over to mp3 with the bit rate of 320kbs.

All that effort only to compress it as an mp3? Why not encode it with iTunes into Apple Lossless or FLAC at the very least?

Neil

ok,you got it too Vosk...

There's still big static-hissing in there though.This is getting better but most likely not .Passing it through the de-hisser improves things a lot though.

K.M.

ok,you got it too Vosk...

There's still big static-hissing in there though.This is getting better but most likely not .Passing it  through the de-hisser improves things a lot though.

K.M.

I noticed that too. I'll be de-hissing it a little bit myself.

I am renaming some of the BF2 files, take note:

action1.mp3 -> theme_grievous.mp3

action2.mp3 -> tantive_action_1.mp3

action3.mp3 -> tantive_action_2.mp3

action4.mp3 -> utapau_action_1.mp3

action5.mp3 -> utapau_ambient_5.mp3

action6.mp3 -> utapau_action_2.mp3

action7.mp3 -> utapau_action_3.mp3

action8.mp3 -> utapau_action_4.mp3

action9.mp3 -> utapau_action_5.mp3

action10.mp3 -> utapau_action_6.mp3

action11.mp3 -> utapau_action_7.mp3

action12.mp3 -> utapau_action_8.mp3

action13.mp3 -> coruscant_action_1.mp3

ambient1.mp3 -> utapau_ambient_1.mp3

ambient2.mp3 -> tantive_ambient_1.mp3

ambient3.mp3 -> tantive_ambient_2.mp3

ambient4.mp3 -> utapau_ambient_2.mp3

ambient5.mp3 -> utapau_ambient_3.mp3

ambient6.mp3 -> utapau_ambient_4.mp3

And we have "action_boys_continue.mp3" there for now (I definitely want to replace this when possible - it seems to have some recording artifacts; but thanks nevertheless, SithTyrann ^_^).

It's the same music that's in the BF2 Dagobah Trailer before it fades out.I used the beginning of it to reduce the hissing part.

also,this means that the incomplete Goodbye Old Friend in the Geneosis trailer will be complete in the game.

K.M.

Just a small update. I'm actually going to say to hell with it and get Battlefront 2 Tuesday after all and send it to Cerrabore. There's definitely got to be more music with the rest of the Prequel planets.

I'm pretty pumped, so forgive me for not researching this further, but is this clip that SithTyrann found the complete Boys Continue, or just the part we were missing? I guess I'm asking, does this mean that it's not necessary to edit things together?

It is only the part we were missing. You'll actually have to make a difficult crossfade between this and the other part from BF2. See the editing instructions.

By the way, "The Elevator Scene (Alternative)" is on the Disc 1 track list.

hey guys... i tryed to record a better version, but there is always that weird noise. I lowered the volume, but its still there. dont know why, sorry.

hope someone can make a better version from my record.

Now we just need the beggining of BOTH film version (cymbal clash)

and maybe then end, though i think that is on the end credits :)

And we need Yoda's 'i must into exile' to have non stop music for 10 minutes!!!

But anyway it is not great music no nothing good lost...

Now we just need the beggining of BOTH film version (cymbal clash)

I think that the cymbal clash is the ending of "Yoda to Exile". The BOTH film version starts just as the end credits at 4.00.

So which cues do we have none of now?

I count:

1M7 - The Death of Dooku

2M4 - Revisiting Padme

2M7 - Be Careful of Your Friend

3M2 - Hold Me

3M3 - Palpatine's Big Pitch

5M5 - News of the Attack

6M8 - Yoda to Exile

6M9 - Revenge of the Sith (which I can't really believe we have none of...)

7M6 - Padme's Funeral

That's pretty good IMO. Any more?

revenge of the sith is the film version of BOTH (if it is after yoda's exile).

We dont 'really have it'

But the end credits are pretty close though.

Be careful of your friend i think there is a string chord somewehre, but unusable...

Hey, wait a minute...

I thought the music in utapau_ambient_5 WAS "5M5 - News of the Attack"! We are supposed to think that "Moving Things Along" is about 6 minutes long (Hyperspace report), so it should include the Anakin/Padmé scene (see one of my previous posts)...

Besides, the title could be referred to EITHER Anakin informing Padmé of the attack to the temple OR Obi-Wan informing Bail of the attack by the clones, and Bail informing Obi-Wan that the clones are killing Jedi all over the galaxy...

Actually utapau_ambient_5 is infact part of "News Of The Attack" the music is supposed then to go the scene where Anakin and Padmé are talking on the balcany and Anakin tells her that he's going to the Mustafar system to end the war.

"Moving Things Along" is Enter Lord Vader.

By the way since the full cue from the Dagobah Trailer ended up being in the game it's possible as stated earlier the other trailer music with the ending for "It Can't Be" and "Goodbye Old Friend" will be intact in the game as well. We just have to wait and find out.