Star Wars Prequel Music Resource

Henry B

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's some kind of music licensing company or something. Not exactly sure, though.

That is good news about the German ROTS. I've been talking to ChrisCrusherComix, and he's going to be extracting (not ripping) the German audio from ROTS, and that may be better quality. He'll be sending me a disc with all of his extracts soon. I'll let you all know how it is.

Also, didn't Shookbaer mention that AOTC actually DOES NOT have dialogue echoes, even though we thought it did? What's going on with that? AOTC DVD rips without dialogue echoes would give us A LOT to work with!

I think it's some kind of music licensing company or something.  Not exactly sure, though.

That is good news about the German ROTS.  I've been talking to ChrisCrusherComix, and he's going to be extracting (not ripping) the German audio from ROTS, and that may be better quality.  He'll be sending me a disc with all of his extracts soon.  I'll let you all know how it is.

Also, didn't Shookbaer mention that AOTC actually DOES NOT have dialogue echoes, even though we thought it did?  What's going on with that?  AOTC DVD rips without dialogue echoes would give us A LOT to work with!

Chris is doing the same thing for me. :| As far as the AOTC stuff goes, no the German release has the echos in the rear channels. I think another German board member reported this. ROTS is the only one for some reason that doesn't.

Cool! I guess we can compare notes, then. :|

Hm. That's a disappointment. I know he said that there wasn't any echoing on AOTC somewhere in this thread. ;)

What's the difference between ripping and extracting?

When does Empire At War come out?

I was thinking today, it's a shame we don't have JUST sound effect tracks, because then we could record them as noise and have Audacity cut them out. :|

Thanks for the cue list, Jim Ware. :|

What's this about an unused "The Race Begins"? And "End Title Part II (Unused)?" It seems to me that there are three "End Title" cues - the opening credits, "Duel of the Fates," and "Anakin's Theme," and all used.

When does Empire At War come out?

February 7, 2006.

What's this about an unused "The Race Begins"? And "End Title Part II (Unused)?" It seems to me that there are three "End Title" cues - the opening credits, "Duel of the Fates," and "Anakin's Theme," and all used.

From what I have heard (browsing around): there were two more podrace cues, both unused (perhaps due to the cutting of the film). (Perhaps one of them might contain sqdanger1 from TPM game?)

As for the end title, I think Williams did a different arrangement of DotF and Anakin's theme, recording it as one long piece - meaning the concert versions were tracked in.

Just bear in mind that all of this may be completely wrong. :|

The transition between "Duel of the Fates" and "Anakin's Theme" in the end credits is telling (two long bass notes). You can still hear a bit of this transition in the "concert" version of Anakin's Theme, which suggests to me that both pieces were in fact recorded for the end credits. They're not edited in the credits, either, are they?

Then what is Anakin Defeats Sebulba (on the cue list)?

The transition between "Duel of the Fates" and "Anakin's Theme" in the end credits is telling (two long bass notes). You can still hear a bit of this transition in the "concert" version of Anakin's Theme, which suggests to me that both pieces were in fact recorded for the end credits. They're not edited in the credits, either, are they?

Duel of the Fates was. Is it possible that there were two versions of the end credits recorded? One with, one without choir perhaps?

BTW does anyone have the subject track from Jedi Starfighter?

Anakin Defeats Sebulba is the last part of that track, not used for the pod race but tracked into the Gungan ground battle.

Duel of the Fates was recorded at least twice.

One version is the 'concert' version, with additional percussion and slightly different orchestrations. This was presumably recorded at the same session as The Great Duel, with orchestra and choir together. Bits and pieces of this recording have appeared on various games. This is the version that Williams performs at concerts.

The other is a slightly toned down version. Orchestra and choir were recorded separately with click tracks. This is the version that made it to the soundtrack album.

Anakin Defeats Sebulba is the last part of that track.

I may have misunderstood you again, but are you saying that there are three cues in that track? Sebulba's Dirty Hand/Qui-Gon's Pep Talk , The Race Begins and Anakin Defeats Sebulba?

Well this has been really great so far! I've been cutting my teeth on Audition for quite a while now. I'm an amature video editor in my spare time and I've used it for very very simple things like reducing noise, etc, but nothing on this scale. My first couple tries at the second track were a bit cludgy. Sounded ok, but definitely not up to my standards. After some frustration with Audition, I went back to my trusty pal Premiere. Yeah, it's a video editor, but I'm so fluent in it, editing audio is a snap for me. So I cut the track as the cue sheet indicated and everything sounds great! Wonderful transitions that I can barely even notice, if at all, but I really wanted the opening panning down shot with the wonderful drum beats. I ripped the DVD audio, but still some SFX noise in there. I think the next shot will be to loop the drum beat to avoid having the exteranious noises. Take a listen and tell me what you think. I had to transisition from the OST to the DVD at the end of the opening to get it to work properly. The OST as you know doesn't follow the same as the score.

EDIT:

Links removed out of fear and trepidation. Didn't realize a super low quality 1 minute sample was a problem. Thanks anyway.

Would someone rather that I upload the Ep2 or Ep3 english AC3 files right now? I could do that a LOT easier if that would help anyone out.

~Sky

I hope you just don't upload the raw AC3 German files.I still need the music to be extracted.

K.M.

Would someone rather that I upload the Ep2 or Ep3 english AC3 files right now? I could do that a LOT easier if that would help anyone out.

~Sky

I hope you just don't upload the raw AC3 German files.I still need the music to be extracted.

K.M.

Follow Stefcano's tutorial on how to extract stuff from AC3 files.

Edit: Found the link

Here

A few questions regarding THE PHANTOM MENACE:

1) On the OST, the music for "The Appearance of Darth Maul" (Track 14, 3:20-end) is not heard anywhere in the film. Does anyone have any idea where Williams intended this cue? Or if it's an alternate of some kind? Considering the way it ends (with the Duel of the Fates statement), I would imagine it's from the last act of the film, but where?! :)

2) Does anyone know how to properly edit "The Battle Begins" and "The Hangar Battle?" The elvisjones list is helpful, but doesn't list which sections of the game tracks to use (plus I think some of it may be inaccurate).

3) Is the film version of "Qui-Gon's Noble End" different from the OST?

4) Is there an alternate for "The Tide Turns?"

5) Is "the Sith Spacecraft" (OST 6a, before the Droid Battle) an alternate of the film version?

Thanks!

Why are we uploading the AC3 files? I'm confused as to why we're bothering with the DVDs again. What good does extracting do, and what does AC3 have to do with it?

I'll try to answer a few of your questions, Kevin:

1) On the OST, the music for "The Appearance of Darth Maul" (Track 14, 3:20-end) is not heard anywhere in the film. Does anyone have any idea where Williams intended this cue? Or if it's an alternate of some kind? Considering the way it ends (with the Duel of the Fates statement), I would imagine it's from the last act of the film, but where?!

"The Appearance of Darth Maul" (mislabeled) as it appears on the CD is a mix of cues. The first part (only choir) is unused in the movie, so we don't know exactly where it should have been; the last part (Duel of the Fates segment) has been tracked from Track 2, much like the end of "General Grievous" in track 5 on the RotS OST; the middle part (from the Emperor's Theme to right before DotF) scores the Viceroy's report to Darth Sidious right after the "There's always a bigger fish" scene. Then it continues into the beginning of the second underwater sequence ("When yousa think we are in trouble???").

3) Is the film version of "Qui-Gon's Noble End" different from the OST?

If you're referring to the small bit of the actual death of Qui-Gon, yes, it sounds like a different mix between the OST and the UE (which should be almost like an isolated score from the picture): the OST has only the choir to be featured prominently, where the UE has some prominent instrumentation too. As for other bits of the OST track, the part right before Qui-Gon's Death is actually "Escape from Naboo". Never intended to be there.

5) Is "the Sith Spacecraft" (OST 6a, before the Droid Battle) an alternate of the film version?

It doesn't seem an alternate to me. What makes you think that?

I'm sorry, but I cannot answer questions 2) and 4). These are answers you should expect from people who have been in this job more than me.

Matt - Hoping to have been helpful

Also, that little DOTF statement at the end of "The Appearance of Darth Maul" does not originally belong there. I think it was put there just to add a little something, but it wasn't intended for that end.

4) I thought there was, but cerrabore said it was game designers.

No, there really is a version of "The Tide Turns" with different instrumentation in the beginning. It's more of an alternative "take" than an alternative "cue."

The AC3 file would be a LOT smaller to have than 5 super-hi quality mp3s of each of the 5 channels.

And people probably can change to whichever tracks they want to when they edit it. It would output 5 mono wave files (6, but the sub-woofer channel is useless)

Center

Front Right & Left

Rear Right & Left

And, people can go between whichever ones they rather go to. Maybe people have more time to work to try to rid of sfx by changing channels more than I did.

But, we'd want to have the german ac3s, because that at least removes the dialogue echoes.

~Sky

I have one question about TPM: are there any edits on the UE for the first three tracks of disc 2? I understand the first 10 seconds or so of Qui-Gon's theme is looped, but are there any apart from that?

Or, I can make an mp3 of the front 2 channels, and then one of the rear 2 channels, and people can edit those themselves if they want.

~Sky

yes.

But what music are we looking for,we already have it anyways.Slightly better (maybe)Plans for the Twins and Revisiting Padme?

K.M.

I have one question about TPM: are there any edits on the UE for the first three tracks of disc 2? I understand the first 10 seconds or so of Qui-Gon's theme is looped, but are there any apart from that?

Is it looped or just using the same notes? I think elvisjones in his site was not 100% sure.

So cerrabore the TPM game files has some alternate orchestration (flutes and all)? OR it is another game file?

OK I inverted the waves and lined them up - no, they're not identical. The other "proof" is that there is that the transition to the nearly identical part is different from the next one.

So cerrabore the TPM game files has some alternate orchestration (flutes and all)? OR it is another game file?

The alternative take of "The Tide Turns" can be assembled from GB Music03.mp3, GAL mus_player_v_player_b_lp.mp3, and BF2 begins_tide, in order of sound quality.

UE cd2 t3 (loop: 3:15-3:17.5) (loop: 3:24-3:30.5)