Star Wars Prequel Music Resource

Henry B

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but Star Wars Galaxies: Trials of Obi-Wan is out now. Has anyone gotten a copy of this to see if any new music not on the FTP is on this game? Please guys, if anyone has this game and can rip the music from it, tell us what is on there and if there's any new music that can be uploaded! Also, any plans to rip the German DVD rip of Count Dooku's Death?

Luke, UE disc 2 track 3 is "Anakin and group to Coruscant", which is pretty much the same music in "Queen Amidala" on the OST, plus some underscore music for Anakin and Padmé and Palpatine and the Chancellor.

So cerrabore the TPM game files has some alternate orchestration (flutes and all)? OR it is another game file?

The alternative take of "The Tide Turns" can be assembled from GB Music03.mp3, GAL mus_player_v_player_b_lp.mp3, and BF2 begins_tide, in order of sound quality.

But the reactor file in the ftp, that contains the maul pushing obi wan is part of it or not?

So cerrabore the TPM game files has some alternate orchestration (flutes and all)? OR it is another game file?

The alternative take of "The Tide Turns" can be assembled from GB Music03.mp3, GAL mus_player_v_player_b_lp.mp3, and BF2 begins_tide, in order of sound quality.

But the reactor file in the ftp, that contains the maul pushing obi wan is part of it or not?

Yes. BF2 begins_tide contains the opening fanfares (Maul pushing Obi-Wan).

Okay, here's what I came up with:

BF2 confrontation.mp3 1:06.5-1:15.5

BH Music131 0:00-0:17

BF2 confrontation.mp3 1:20-1:26

BF2 confrontation.mp3 0:06-0:50**

VID Introducing Nick Gillard 0:30.5-0:35

DVD 31C 1:07-1:12***

*At this point, there is a chunk of music missing. But since the last part ends with some timpani hits and the next part begins with some also (although they aren't supposed to be there), I just mixed these together.

**The end of this going into the next clip is a tricky edit. There's a very short loop at the end on the BF2 file. You'll just have to listen to the film (or the DVD rip) to make sure you get it right. Basically, you cut off the looped part and use the last "beat" from the Gillard clip.

***Here you can fade it out or you can just edit it into "Yoda Strikes Back." They are together in the film, but we do have a pretty clean beginning now for the latter cue.

There is a little more music in confrontation.mp3 from about 0:50-1:06, but it seems to be just little sections of the cue all overlapping each other. I don't think there's anything salvagable.

And of course remember (even moreso with mine!) that timings are approximated. Use the DVD (or the rip) as your guide.

Also, there are two errors in "Yoda Strikes Back"...

21. YODA STRIKES BACK I

BF2 yoda_strikes_emergency 2:05-2:27

BH Music151 0:24-0:33

BF2 yoda_strikes_emergency 2:38-2:58

BF2 yoda_strikes 0:00-0:11

BF2 yoda_strikes 0:15-end

22. YODA STRIKES BACK II/FINALE

BF2 yoda_strikes 0:51.5-0:56.5

BF2 yoda_strikes 0:01-0:15

DVD 32 2:39-2:40

BF2 yoda_strikes 0:36-0:40:42.5

BF2 yoda_strikes 0:19-0:23.5

BF2 yoda_strikes 0:46-0:51.5

mix OST t13 all

The first one I assume is "yoda_strikes_2." The second...I think it's just supposed to end on 42.5.

And having finally completed all the AOTC and TPM editing, I need to say something: Cerrabore, you are insane, man! :-P Thank you for all your work.

There is a neat download available for hyperspace members at the official star wars website. it breaks down the scene in reel 4 where Obi-Wan faces off against Grievous in Utapau. the dia is isolated, then the sound effects, then the music. there are a few unreleased moments that can be heard cleanly, albeit fairly compressed (mp3-wise).

Yeah, I was listening to that today. Lots of loops and edits, but there is a little bit of unreleased music. And you're right about the compression. (How anyone could've ever claimed 128kps MP3s are "near-CD quality" is beyond me.)

Ignore my pm Elvisjones. I am listening to it now. It kinda sucks the file is compressed but I guess it's better than nothin'! Glad to finally have that piece of music sfx free.

I wish they would release some sort of UE for ROTS ....

Edit: It's also too bad they couldn't do this for the entire movie...I mean put Reel Deconstructions on Hyperspace lol.

Sweet deal! I've uploaded this to the Episode 3 folder. Editing instructions forthcoming... but what's that music I hear after the tracked portion of "Boys into Battle"? And what is the relationship between the "spinning lightsabers" music and the film version of "I Am the Senate"?

After hearing the piece I don't think there's any relation at all between the two. It's possible it's a similar style recording but different. Much like the different style piece that was used for when Palpatine fried Mace from "Anakin's Betrayal".

Editing instructions updated (I split up the "stinger" cues and removed the tracked Grievous music). Kendal_Ozzel, looks just a tiny bit complicated; I'll try to get around to editing that, and if it works, it goes into the "official" track list.

Chris is supposed to be sending me his full extracts of the German DVD this week, so I would imagine Vosk would be receiving his as well soon. I'll let you guys know what I find out.

Is there any chance that the "bonus download" tracks will be uploaded to the FT.P? Or the "Endlessly compelling" video? I'm pretty much done with everything but those, for now.

I've been taking a break from my editing, but I think at this point I just need to do some tweaking.

As I understand, Chris's extracts will be all the music. I'm not entirely sure, but that's what he had with his English extracts.

So we're still waiting on those AC3 files? And once we have them, are we hoping there will be even more sound effects free music? Trying to piece together exactly what we're waiting for here.

Whoever gets the German release...can they make mp3s for each track with the front L&R channels as a seperate track, then a seperate MP3 for the rear L&R channels? Because there are many times where for a few seconds there are less SFX on the front channels.

Thanks,

!Sky

Re: The Phantom Menace End Credits...

I think I may have found (at least a a part of) the original end credits that we've been talking about!

It's under the Obi-Wan game entitled "m_credits.mp3"

The arrangement of Duel of the Fates has different tempos and instrumentation. Is it possible that the concert version of Duel of the Fates was instead edited in on the OST?

I listened to the OST End Credits again and there is a small musical lull in between DotF and Anakin's Theme. Perhaps the Duel of the Fates portion is the concert version, while Anakin's Theme is part of the original End Credits?

Thoughts on this?

Are we sure that was a version Williams did?

Some of that sounds soo over the top for Williams...

and even off tempo... almost as if the extra instruments and percussion had been added in latter to soup it up...

I mean, that's totally something you could do with a synth... cut off the end credits where it did, play the intruments over the piece but since someone silly is doing it, they were a tinge off tempo... and even the extra instruments themselves almost sound better as if the actual music file had been converted already and lost some information, then when the instruments were added (off tempo), they converted it again, causing it to loose some more sound... --causing the new instruments to sound slightly better--

... I dunno... I'm suspicious of that...

I listened to the OST End Credits again and there is a small musical lull in between DotF and Anakin's Theme. Perhaps the Duel of the Fates portion is the concert version, while Anakin's Theme is part of the original End Credits?

Thoughts on this?

Hmm,the piece in m_credits MP3 sounds like an alternate Williams version.Wasn't it mentionned that the game music editors don't add orchestrations to Williams music?And the music seems to indicate that the opening portion of the credits seigues into Anakin's Theme instead of DotF.Maybe it originally went:End Credit Opener-Anakin's Theme-DotF alternate(this version with more percussion).And the DotF we have on the album is indeed a seperate concert version.

In other words,could the file m_credits MP3 be the original TPM End Credits with Anakin's Theme edited out?

K.M.

how Do you think they faded together?

I just did a mock edit of my own and have Anakin's Theme start right at that last beat of the intro so that the intro fades out over Anakins... and then DOTF's starts practically after Anakin's theme is acompletely faded out... maybe a moment sooner...

Any ideas?

mcredits appears to be this:

(1) 0:00-0:52 The opening of the Finale [which was recorded as a seperate piece from Augie and the DOTF] (identical to matching segment on OST)

(2)0:52-0:59 Acapella "Korah Matah" does NOT match the same segment on the OST end credits, but...

(3) 0:59-1:07 IS identical to acapella "Korah Ratahma" on OST end credits

(4) 1:07-1:45 does not match the END CREDITS and appears to be a different musical form, as well as considerably slower - at this time, my best guess would be it is the first part of the following segments (and that they are actually 1 whole piece)

(5) 1:45-3:05 DOTF ALT version (identical to the one first heard in the PODRACER game)

(6) 3:05-3:42 does not match the OST end credits DOTF (as in segment 4, maybe this is the closing part of the previous segment)

(3) 0:59-1:07 IS identical to acapella "Korah Ratahma" on OST end credits

Identical as in it's definitely the same recording, not just a part that was arranged the same as in the OST version?

Just confirmed by Frank Klepacki, music editor for Empire at War: there will be no unreleased music. However, Klepacki has written an original soundtrack, so if you're into that sort of thing, check it out.

There is a Battlefront II mini-expansion coming out next month $4.99. It includes two new Jedi characters and several new maps (therefore, new music perhaps). The problem is, it's only being released through Xbox Live. Any console gamers want to help us out here?