Star Wars Prequel Music Resource

Henry B

Just a small bump.

Also as an FYI, I am currently working on typing up the remaining list for the full score for TPM right now. Once it's done and I see Cerrabore on AIM (if it's today) I will send him the file.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay I finished making the rest of the listings for the "Special Edition" of TPM. I did transfer the listings to Cerrabore and he'll proof read everything and then post it in the next couple of days or so. So keep an eye out gents.

it's missing stuff

Like, film version of Augie's great municipal band among other pieces.

It also is a film edit in a lot of cases, not what John Williams wrote. So some people who like that want to add in those missing pieces.

The UE is terrible. Full of loops, trackings, and just plain edits, and so much music was removed...and Amidala's theme completely eradicated from both movie and CD. (BTW, has anybody heard what could be remnants of Amidala's theme in any of the score?)

Amidala had a theme?

Btw, I also just recently completed my own 2-CD TPM set. It's okay, but definitely needs work (specifically in the case of "Get to Your Ships").

What's even more confusing (and this is thanks to the Ultimate Edition) is that certain tracks we've interpreted as single cues are rather cues together.

For example, "Darth Sidious Receives News of the Gungan Army," "The Gungan March," "Activate The Droids," and "The Queen and Group Sneak Back to Palace" are all one cue (The Armies Face Off, as indicated in the cue list).

Music6d.mp3 under the JPB folder is proof of this, although this in particular track features an alternate section for the "Gungan March." Very interesting use of percussion.

Amidala was going to have a theme.

George said she didnt need it.

We dont know if it was even written (rumours is that it was used in the patriot)

And yes there is more than 30 minutes missing from the UE counting alternates and all.

The UE is terrible. Full of loops, trackings, and just plain edits, and so much music was removed...and Amidala's theme completely eradicated from both movie and CD. (BTW, has anybody heard what could be remnants of Amidala's theme in any of the score?)

I think this is the high flute motif that concerns, generally, the plight of Naboo. There are a couple of short, orchestral statements of this which did not make it to the film's soundtrack.

Are you referring to the music from 1:23 to 1:29 in "Queen Amidala Warns the Federation"? I didn't realize that motif was intended to be used repeatedly. That's a pity; it's a nice start for a theme. I think that's flute doubled by trumpet an octave lower. Interesting orchestration there. It creates adds interesting, mildly exotic flavor to the flute sound.

"HERE AT LAST IS EVERY NOTE OF THE ORIGINAL MUSIC THAT JOHN WILLIAMS COMPOSED FOR STAR WARS: EPISODE I THE PHANTOM MENACE." That's what the back of the UE packaging says. Is this not false advertising in the most extreme sense? That would mean the 30 minutes not included either weren't music, weren't composed by John Williams, or weren't composed for TPM. Oh, maybe they just weren't "notes," per se. That must be it. 8O 8O

Ironically, at least some of the music was included on the OST.

All right, guys. The rest of Disc 1 has been posted (also, see track 6 for a change involving Battlefront II material). Thanks to Vosk, who created the rough draft of this new list.

4. THE SENATE/ANAKIN'S TEST/HE IS THE CHOSEN ONE/NUTE AND RUNE CONFER WITH DARTH SIDIOUS/MOVING FORWARD/THE GUNGANS/WAR PLANS

UE CD2 06 0:00-0:54.5

BF2 senate 0:18-0:31.5

UE CD2 06 1:03-end

UE CD2 07 all

UE CD2 08 all

UE CD2 09 all

UE CD2 10 all (loop: 0:47.5-0:49)

UE CD2 11 all

UE CD2 12 all

You can separate this in two parts: Senate through Confer with Sidious and Moving forward to end.

Ending (I find it to be very dark and it was also forgotten in the Elvisjones version) for Confer with sidious is in: sqeerie1 from TPM videogame.

And the clean begining of Moving forward (return to naboo) is in the OST.

Thanks, Cerrabore.

Hey, would anyone be interested in uploading the AOTC "On the Conveyer Belt" bonus track to the FTP? Some of us were too foolish to buy the Target version...

Man, the AOTC DVD rips make the atrocious editing of the music even more evident. Grrr...

4. THE SENATE/ANAKIN'S TEST/HE IS THE CHOSEN ONE/NUTE AND RUNE CONFER WITH DARTH SIDIOUS/MOVING FORWARD/THE GUNGANS/WAR PLANS

UE CD2 07 all

UE CD2 08 all

UE CD2 09 all

UE CD2 11 all

UE CD2 12 all

You can separate this in two parts: Senate through Confer with Sidious and Moving forward to end.

Ending (I find it to be very dark and it was also forgotten in the Elvisjones version) for Confer with sidious is in: sqeerie1 from TPM videogame.

That's what I some what did with mine. All though I made "The Senate" and "Anakin's Test" as one track then used the OST to have the seperate track for "He Is The Chosen One" since they're virtually the same.

I used the sqeerie1 for "Confering With Sidious" as a seperate track and "Moving Forward" combining the OST and UE material.

Boy howdy. I've posted "Battle of Naboo I" and "Battle of Naboo II."

*faints*

UE CD2 07 all

UE CD2 08 all

UE CD2 09 all

UE CD2 11 all

UE CD2 12 all

A cue-by-cue track list isn't within the scope of what I'm doing. The editing lists in this thread correspond to the intended film versions of music - all cues that were meant to be combined are (to the best of my knowledge, of course). This approach lends itself toward better sound quality; you can retain the UE's mixes, rather than using clean endings/beginnings from sometimes poor sources. But, if you want to separate music, GAL mus_theme_emperor.mp3 provides a better version of "Confer..." than TPMG sqeerie1.

A cue-by-cue track list isn't within the scope of what I'm doing. The editing lists in this thread correspond to the intended film versions of music - all cues that were meant to be combined are (to the best of my knowledge, of course). This approach lends itself toward better sound quality; you can retain the UE's mixes, rather than using clean endings/beginnings from sometimes poor sources. But, if you want to separate music, GAL mus_theme_emperor.mp3 provides a better version of "Confer..." than TPMG sqeerie1.

You mean like the SE? i didnt knew that sorry :|

You mean like the SE? i didnt knew that sorry :|

Yep, like the SE.

"Battle of Naboo III" has been posted. I think I'm going to add "The Great Duel" and "Crash Landing" to it, but first, I need to do a better DVD rip of "The Great Duel."

I tried CIV5 first but it sounded really off. Maybe it's my mistake... I'll go back and try working with that one again.

Duh...I forgot CIV5 is the clean opening for "The Droid Invasion"..as Cerrabore said though CIV2 is defintiely now on the server.

The remainder of the tracks are fairly simple. Here's my versions:

THE GREAT DUAL

TPM CDROM sqfightmaul2.mp3 0:00-0:53.5

TPM CDROM sqfightmaul2end.mp3 all

UE CD2 Track 25 all

CRASH LANDING

UE CD2 Track 26 1:35-end (Film Version)

TPM CDROM sqgripping1.mp3 all (This appears to be an alternate, with a flute/piccolo opening)

QUI-GON'S NOBLE END

OST 15 1:29.5-end

BATTLESHIP DESTROYED

UE CD2 Track 28 0:00-1:31

(An alternate of this exists as well and can be constructed by the game tracks, but I haven't taken the time to assemble an edit yet)

THE DEATH OF DARTH MAUL

UE CD2 Track 28 1:47-end

YODA'S WARNING/QUI-GON'S FUNERAL

OST Track 16 all

AUGIE'S GREAT MUNICIPAL BAND/END TITLE

OST Track 17 all (barring the fact that Augie's isn't the film version)

Now some mysterious bits remaining:

1) OST 15 0:00-0:13 - Heavy statement of Duel of the Fates. Where did this originally belong?

2) TPM CDROM sqmaulduelstart.mp3 - Another heavy DotF statement, featuring choir. Possibly an alternate of the above track?

3) TPM CDROM sqdanger1.mp3 - Loud brass, originally thought of by elvisjones to be a part of the Droid Invasion. Where might it go?

4) OBI WAN m_credits.mp3 - Possibly the original version of the End Credits, features a different arrangement of DotF (assuming that the film and OST were replaced with the concert version).

WHat about the end credits.

Are we sure that they were originally suppose to be the other way around. Having it be End Credits Fan Fare, Anakins Theme, and then OBI WAN m_credits.mp3... or we guessing?

And if not, what is that track from?

1) OST 15 0:00-0:13 - Heavy statement of Duel of the Fates. Where did this originally belong?

2) TPM CDROM sqmaulduelstart.mp3 - Another heavy DotF statement, featuring choir. Possibly an alternate of the above track?

1) Duel of the fates instrumental concert version.

2) Some film version of duel of the fates? Or it may be he same begining as the Obi Wan end credits?

oh btw, one of the things I noticed and wanted to mention, the Augies Great Municipal Band is not that hard to make as a film edit.

If you use the DVD rip material as a guide, you can replace what is there with what we have. All in all, we're missing the first few seconds, and like, this little ditty in the middle's dialogue--but we have most of hte music.

If you simply layer the dvd rip with the music we have, you can make it sound pretty good.

Then the only problem is the last few seconds are suppose to have the choir. Again, dvd rip layered over music and you got it...

I just did this myself.

Just thought you'd all like to know.

But there are also twangy synths present in the album version that aren't present in the film version. And the background tracks (laughter, cheers etc.) are mixed differently throughout. The only way you could truly get the complete film version for now is through the DVD rip without any editing. If you edit it together as you're saying, you can get something similar, but the sound quality will be constantly fluctuating. That's almost worse than having bad sound quality throughout.

EDIT: So, what about "On the Conveyor Belt"? Anyone?

EDIT: Never mind, I think I've found it somewhere else.

sqmaulduelstart is opening for the piece "The Great Duel". Cerrabore hasn't posted that info for it yet. You need sqfightmaul2 and sqfightmaul2end to complete the cue. This was supposed to score the fight between Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan and Maul on the bridge before the 'Invisible Wall". You also need to tackle "The Invisible Wall" at the end of this cue. The 2nd disc of TPM DVD confirms this. This also would go after "The Battle For Naboo III". Becareful though sqfightmaul2 loops at the end so you'll need to do a fade out then do a mix and paste from sqfightmaul2end and that cue needs the volume to be lowered.

sqdanger1 nobody knows for sure where that goes. ElvisJones had it wrong (sorry bud but you did). If you follow Cerrabore's listing for "The Droid Invasion" his is correct.

m_credits from Obi-Wan is most likely the original End Credits cue but unused. I just left the End Credits as how it appeared on the Ultimate Edition".

what 's this I don't understand???? nothing !!!it's because I am french perhaps id on't speak english very well but could you explain me what's this?

Actually, I payed quite close attention to the sythn instruments and the laughter and I made it all fit. And as far as quality fluctuating, it's only really does when it transfers from the first 5 seconds of DVD rip to OST material. it gets a little hissy when you layer the dvd dialogue over, but it's really not all that bad...

Also, not all the material from the OST material is used... It seems that the first... "verse" is the same as what we have but without dialogue.

If someone would like to hear it I'd be more than willing to send it.

fade out JPB Music4a 2:38.5-2:39

mix JPB Music5c 0:00-0:18

BF2 laser_army_arena 1:48-1:59

BF2 laser_army_arena 0:02.5-0:12

RC musGEO_jwbattle05B_lp 0:02-0:07

TPMG sqplayerdeath all

The BF2 laser_army_arena.mp3 I downloaded from the site is only 25 seconds long. Is this a typo? If so, what should it be?

Lamiahp--qu'est-ce que tu ne comprends pas? Je ne parle pas bien francais, mais peut-etre je peux t'aider un peu. En anglais, si c'est possible. :pukeface:

Whoever uploaded "On the Conveyor Belt," thank you. The version I downloaded from another source didn't have the best sound quality, and this one is much better.

EDIT: So, any progress on the list of clean openings and endings?

fade out JPB Music4a 2:38.5-2:39

mix JPB Music5c 0:00-0:18

BF2 laser_army_arena 1:48-1:59

BF2 laser_army_arena 0:02.5-0:12

RC musGEO_jwbattle05B_lp 0:02-0:07

TPMG sqplayerdeath all  

The BF2 laser_army_arena.mp3 I downloaded from the site is only 25 seconds long. Is this a typo? If so, what should it be?

Oh, there was a problem with that file. It should be at full length now. Download again.

So, any progress on the list of clean openings and endings?

I don't know if Cerrabore is doing it or not. However I'm in the process of doing the Prequels only. I'm not going to bother with the Original Trilogy.

Edit: I'm just making a list for Episode I. Episode's II and III if you follow Cerrabore's list you can pratically figure out which cues have the clean openings or endings.

Okay this is for the cues for The Phantom Menace that I know that have either clean openings or beginings. Sometimes both. If one cue only lists one or the other then whatever it doesn't list you're guess is as good as mine. Sometimes cues require hand made fade ins and out if you're doing the seperate track route.

Star Wars Main Title clean ending

Musical Journey DVD

Episode I The Phantom Menace

Arrival At Naboo

Clean opening and ending

Source: The Phantom Menace game

Cue Name: sqtense2

Droid Fight

Clean Opening

Source: Jedi Power Battles

Cue Name: Music5a

Clean Ending

Source: Galaxies

Cue Name: mus_combat_q_vict

Queen Amidala

Clean Opening

Source: Star Wars Obi-Wan

Cue Name: cut_3_6aintro_m

Clean Ending

Source: Episode I OST

Cue Name: Track 13

The Droid Invasion

Clean Opening

Source: Galatic Battlegrounds

Cue Name: civ5

Clean Ending

Cue Name: sqfight5end

Jar Jar Introduction

Clean Opening

Cue Name: Track 4

Clean Ending

Cue Name: mus_underwater_amb_b

Bubble World

Clean Opening and Ending

Cue Name: Track 10 all

Darth Sidious

Clean Opening and Ending

Source: Episode I Ultimate Edition

Cue Name: CD 1 Track 11

Tenticals - Invasion Of Theed

Clean Opening

Cue Name: CD 1 Track 12

Clean Ending

Cue Name: sqfedannounce

Theed Palace Arrival

Clean Ending

Cue Name: sqtheedattack

You're Under Arrest

Clean Opening

Cue Name: Music04

Clean Ending

Cue Name: Track 12

Escape From Naboo

Clean Opening

Cue Name: Music 02

Clean Ending

Cue Name: mus_combat_bfield_death

Jar Jar's Run-In With Sebulba

Clean Ending

Cue Name: cut_2_1bextro_m

Chance Cube (aka Watto's Roll Of The Die)

Clean Opening

Cue Name: Track 11

The Flag Parade

Clean Ending

Cue Name: Track 7

Sebulba's Dirty Hand

Clean Opening

Cue Name: Track 9

Clean Ending

Cue Name: CD 1 Track 32

Anakin Defeats Sebulba

Clean Opening

Cue Name: CD 1 Track 33

Qui-Gon and Maul Meet

Clean Ending

Cue Name: sqfightmaul1end

Arrival At Coruscant

Clean Opening

Cue Name: Track 13

Anakin's Test

Clean Ending

Cue Name: cut_4_3aintro_m

He Is The Chosen One

Clean Opening and Ending

Cue Name: Track 8

A Sith Here?

Clean Opening and Ending

Cue Name: sqeerie1

Moving Forward

Clean Opening

Cue Name: Track 6

Clean Ending

Cue Name: mus_reveal_dangerous_a

War Plans

Clean Opening

Cue Name: cut_1_4bextro_m

Take To Your Ships

Clean Opening

Cue Name: Track 12

The Droid Battle

Clean Opening and Ending

Source: Jedi Power Battle

Cue Name: Music8b

Up The Wire

Clean Opening and Ending

Cue Name: sqgripping2

Crash Landing

Clean Ending

Cue Name: sqdanger2

Qui-Gon's Noble End

Clean Opening

Cue Name: m_tension_14

Battleship Destroyed

Clean Ending

Cue Name: Music03

"Moving Things Along" covers the preceding scene where Anakin says good-bye to Padme and heads for Geonosis. The album also omits two measures of music at around 3:04. The fanfare that opens the album version was not used in the film, nor would it have been usable in the film. There is an apparent cut at 0:02, which explains why the fanfare is not long enough to cover the sequence in the film.

^ What Vosk said. :sigh:

Okay, that makes sense. Thanks, cerrabore. Now, if only we had the rest of that fanfare from the beginning of the album version... 8O I must say, that part is quite well-edited on the album. Listening to it closely on my high-quality headphones, I can only barely hear the transition. I think whoever edited it needed to give just a split second more time before the edit, though.