Star Wars Prequel Music Resource

Henry B

You all know about the missing piece in the opening of "Droid Fight," right?

It should go: Do-do dooo, do-do dooo, do-do do-do do-do dododo, ::lukes theme::

Its only available on the star wars website in the mashups music, which means it's only available in mono. If you listen carefully on the UE, you can kinda hear how it was omitted.

I did manage to hear (after a few listens) what seems to be an artificial segue between the opening measures of the cue and the rest of the cue. I do wonder why it was omitted though. I suppose Lucas felt one or the other would do. Hence why you can't hear this part in the video games since VGs rarely use the actual movie music (save for LEGO Star Wars).

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunno... hard to tell... I'd never heard it until I was on the site and never really noticed it either until then. maybe no one else did...

Also, I've been working with Vosk with the Chase Through Coruscant and the alternate Dooku Chase.

I still think that the Going after Dooku in the film is an alternate to whats on the album.

Not only is the transition different, but it's clean. The performance also differs when you compare it to the film (the parts they both have). They don't fit which in the very least points to an alternate take.

All this together plus another version heard in the film version of "On The Conveyor Belt" as Anakin starts to really mow the aliens down make me think that this was something Williams was trying to capture and redid those few measures a few times...

Similar to how in Rebel Fleet/Finale from Empire, he wrote two versions, one is only SLIGHTLY different, but both performances, if you try to line them up, simply won't even though they're for the most part, almost identical.

Same thing here I speculate.

As for Chase through COruscant, I'm almost certain that extra horn part was meant to be in it in the beginning. I mixed it in and it works so I'm certain it was simply omitted like the segment from Bounty Hunter.

That... that's your response?

Not "Oh, well, Thank you Bernard for busting your ass off to do something no one else has had the balls to do: to figure out the jumbled mess that IS Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones"... or "You know, let me hear that so I can maybe give you my opinion," or "Let me talk to someone I know about that" or even anything helpful.

That... that's your come back.

And for your information, there are only subtle sfx...

Wow jeez, sorry for that.

I've never shown any sign of hostility towards your efforts - quite the contrary - so I don't quite know where I deserved that. By the way, if you go one page back, you'll see I've also done more than my part concerning the jumbled messes of AotC.

And for your insight, that was an honest informative question about that short horn part, since it had not been made clear whether or not that was a clean rip.

Well then I apologize... I'm all too use to the sentiment here where people just don't care.

You go back two pages and you can see how much people care: they would rather talk about other things in this thread than the music this thread is about.

I'm sorry I misinterpreted what you said as simply being a flat "does it have sound effects? then I don't care"

Well then I apologize... I'm all too use to the sentiment here where people just don't care.

You go back two pages and you can see how much people care: they would rather talk about other things in this thread than the music this thread is about.

I'm sorry I misinterpreted what you said as simply being a flat "does it have sound effects? then I don't care"

icarent4.jpg

I should specify...I do care in general ,especially about any new nugget of RotS .I was very active in this thread at some point

I don't care about the whole Dooku vs Anakin vs Yoda sequence and how the crappy cues should really be edited though.

K.M.

So I thought I might put this out there... I think I figured out how the Dooku / Yoda battle was meant to go...

Or at least... something close.

If you really look at whats there, a lot of it is duplicated from other moments. You remove the duplicates, it cuts down on a lot of the material.

You look for small clues... what the strings are doing... back ground instruments... echoes... and then of course, trying to preserve the general idea of whats going on in the story.

I honestly don't think that the whole part with Yoda and Dooku force-fighting was originally in the script.

Yoda walking in, Dooku bringing down the roof, Yoda stoping it.

Dooku pulling a pole down on Obi-Wan, Yoda stoping it.

Dooku saying his dumb line about how they should just fight instead of talk, and then they fight.

Maybe part of that was in the original, but I honestly think most of that was added to extend the sequence... after all, it is the first time we see yoda fight so Its understandable... but musically It would seem Williams didn't write too much...

Using whats availble, I broke down what was "created" editorially and what was authentic based on all the sources... other points in the film when the same music is used... in the games... so on and so fourth.

If anyone would like to hear what I've done, let me know. I'd give a break down but it would be too complicated and my files are raw rips from the video games and wouldn't coincide with your file titles anyways...

I was curious. I know we were all happy when FSM had the 16 seconds of "Dex's Diner" from Episode II in the broadcast... but did anyone ever really look?

For one, whats in the broadcast is the same 8 seconds repeated heh...

But, I was also comparing the film and this one and obviously the film Version is a bit faster... but there's more to than that.

It is faster, has extra percussion, and something else. I was going to say it was edited... but the more I listen, the more I really think it's simply a similar version to what we heard on the radio, but is a completely different version.

It's almost as if he took the same parts and moved them around a bit, and extended/altered a section as well. This all together makes me think that Joseph Williams wrote two Dex's Diner source cues, almost identical, but One Is a bit more familiar than the other, which may be the reason why he did it.

Also, as familiar as I am with his source cues from Lapti Nek to the Episode I cues, it could simply be that he wrote two very similar ones because that's what he does... Look at the source cues from Episode I. They almost all have the same background and everything. The only thing that differes is whats going on in front. So I really think he writes a couple for variety and to give George some diversity. The faster paced one works better in the film anyways. The slower one would probably have dragged the scene out longer than it was...

Just an interesting observation

I listened to the Battle of Naboo III in the Phantom Menace UE (The Battle Rages On, disc 2) and it appears that the version of this track has a slightly different instrumentation, and a different ending that was missed from "The Republic Pilots Take Off". The ending of this cue misses the final timpani hit, but there is only a clean ending in-film at the end of the scene where the Federation Pilots begin the fight (It ducks out after "Fighters, straight ahead!")

::head desk::

Yes. This is by ggctuk. It's very similar to the one I made years ago... My Episode I Complete 4 Disc Set

He found a few alternate takes I didn't back then but it's about the same.... Although I'm sure if you ask ggctuk, he'll have more to say than I do.

Although I've been saying for a while I've been meaning to redo mine... now that I'm done with Episode II, now may be the best time...

Well at least they didn't just DL it and claim it's all theirs. They gave a link to it in my FFShrine thread and even mentioned me. How very considerate.

Although I did recommend that they listen to other sets too. Not just mine. Mine's not the full picture, and probably won't be for a while - I'm relying only on what I can download since I cannot rip form games I don't have (save Jedi Power Battles - I can't rip from that period)

I'll probably stop doing these after I finish completely with TPM anyway (Although I quite fancy doing a complete Matrix Revolutions score at some point, but that's not for here). AotC sounded like a nightmare for GoodMusician to do.

EDIT: Listening to the AotC Edit now. Sounds amazing. Sony should definately have done something like this. In fact, I doubt Sony could top this.

Not true. There's about a minute of music missing from the scene which Smith realises his prediction is coming true. On the album that segues straight from where Smith smashes Neo to the ground to "You were right Smith". There's also alternative orchestrations of Neodammerung and Navras.

But that discussion isn't really for this thread.

nope. The commercially released spaceballs score still misses a couple things on the bootleg.

the source, "Hello my baby!" comes to mind... but there are others... alternate runs/takes.. I think there are only 2 "cues" missing... and then the source.

Hey all...I... I think I may have discovered something.

I think I may have finally figured out where that famed "Run in with Jar Jar" track goes...

I'll post a link when it's ready.

La La Land's Godzilla by Arnold is a complete release. There are quite a few bootlegs out there that have complete releases to them but at the same time a lot are mostly complete....meaning they have a one or two cues missing from them, like Star Trek Insurrection and Nemesis.

Hey all...I... I think I may have discovered something.

I think I may have finally figured out where that famed "Run in with Jar Jar" track goes...

I'll post a link when it's ready.

I thought it might go somewhere after the Droid Invasion is finished but before the cue Introducing Jar-Jar begins.

I think I'm wrong... I was playing around with the ideas that people had about it being in the pod race...

I thought maybe it would work for when Quadranero's Power couplinks broke... and it fits... but it doesn't feel "right"... which may simply be why they dind't use it lol... but I'm not as convinced as I was earlier...

Without word from John Williams himself where that cue goes, I'm afraid we can only go on what we know. I personally believe that goes to the bit between the Droid Invasion and Intro Jar-Jar where Obi-Wan is being chased by the STAPs, and Qui-Gon deflects their fire. It seems to fit perfectly for that scene.

Did anybody ever listen to my TPM edit? I edited that track onto the end of "The Droid Invasion" and it sounds relatively well. Better than I expected it would anyway. The drop in sound quality is a bit bothersome though. Same goes for "Hit the Nose".

If I'm thinking of what people are talking about the current piece then Pieter is right it should go at the end of The Droid Invasion.. .just follow Henry's instructions at the beginning of the thread as closely as possible and it'll be right.

You mean that it goes AFTER "The Droid Invasion."

You have it tacked onto the end of "The Droid Invasion" on the album, but that's not correct. There is an extended, unused ending for that.

Then it's used latter as stated for when Quigon destroys the droid on the flying ship and the camera pans following it crash into the woods.

I had thought it could be there, but as far as I had read in this thread, no one was 100% sure and it seemed as much as up in the air as it always had been.

You have it tacked onto the end of "The Droid Invasion" on the album, but that's not correct. There is an extended, unused ending for that.

Yeah?

It would seem you and I have trouble understanding eachother...

two posts ago you say its the "end of droid invasion," which to me makes it sound like your saying it is to be like how it's heard on the album... which is not the case.

If you mean something different, perhaps you could respond in a bit more detail than simply saying "yeah?"

Well, now it seems you're misunderstanding me.

No, the album is not correct, but only because it omits a few seconds. Just reading my editing list at the beginning of this thread. That's how it's supposed to go. The action music in question is not a separate cue, it's a continuation of "Droid Invasion." It is "Droid Invasion."

I think we're thinking of different pieces of music that is fine.

I would go by your edit, but I don't have the low quality files that were once on the ftp.. .when lord skylark sent me the raw rips I deleted them all ... sorry...

The cue I'm talking about is only a few seconds long... some believed it was meant to be used in the pod race when the first pod explodes...

It got its name, "Run in with Jar Jar" from a popular theory that it was meant to go when Qui-Gon runs into Jar Jar... but we already know what goes there... which is a much longer segment than what I'm talking about, of which the album only has the final note...

I was referring to this:

TPMG sqfight5 30.5-31.5

JPB 2e 0:00.5-0:02

OST t14 1:44-1:58.5

JPB 2e 0:16-0:22

OST t14 1:58.5-2:07

JPB 2e -1:00-1:00.5

TPMG sqfight5end 0:03-end

Were you talking about

OST t4 0:00-1:09

?

The cue that only the last note of is heard on the soundtrack in"Droid Invasion."

Its the final note, which allows them to omit the cue YOUR talking about.

What I'm talking about is only about 6 seconds long... its heard in Episode II when you see Mace's shoes as he walks up to the Arena box seat for the sepratists...

I never gave it a name, but there was some thought by Jim Ware that it was for the first pod racer explosion...

There also was a theory that it might have been for the Run in with Jar Jar... an alternate ending perhaps... or even just for when Qui-Gon destroys the Droid on the Speeder.

I didn't think you guys knew what I was talking about and It would have been alleviated had I posted a link to the video, but I decided as I was making it that where I thought it would go didn't quite work either... hence the confusion.

Oh, yeah, that cue. Well, as far as we know, six seconds is all it is: a stinger cue. I believe it does fit into the podrace, because it matches perfectly the explosion of the first pod (that Gran podracer, I forget his name). I forget where exactly to sync it up, but it should be fairly simple to figure out.

Yea...I was just playing with it myself... I never felt that it matched it myself... but that may be why they never used it... lol...

If you sync it up so the last note hits as the camera cuts to the shot of Anakin in his pod, with the camera moving towards him, the rest syncs up. That's the easy way to do it at least....

I guess it works there... I never thought it was quite right but again, I guess that's why they didn't use it lol...

I just was playing around with it ... seeing if I could find any overlooked moments where it could have gone instead... had it been slightly less dark, it would have fit over Quadrenaro's power cuplink breaking... but it was a bit too...dark for that...

oh well...

Yeah, I was playing Knights of the Old Republic recently. Killed that Genoharadan guy on Dantooine. Hmm, I can't remember his name either.

Yeah, I was playing Knights of the Old Republic recently. Killed that Genoharadan guy on Dantooine. Hmm, I can't remember his name either.

:lol: I'm not falling to that :lol:

BTW i'm not THAT freak to remember that.

I have it as Droid Invasion, then the extended unused (but very cool) ending, then the "Run In with Jar Jar" stinger thingey, all edited together in the same track. Or are we talking about a different really short TPM cue?

I was talking about the stinger cue as well. I put it at the end of the unused ending to "Drois Invasion" and it's pretty good there. Did you ever check out my TPM special edition based on your complete edition?

I had a look into the film version of "Boys into Battle". Material here:

BF2 boys_into_battle_2 1:15.5-1:19

BF2 boys_into_battle_2_PC 1:18.5-1:19.5

in the film is war-drum-less.

And the version of "Battle of the Heroes" that appears in-film has a loop of a certain part but this loop is choirless.