Star Wars Prequel Music Resource

Henry B

15. I AM THE SENATE

BF2 am_senate 0:59.5-1:08

GAL mus_mustafar_dark_jedi_master_quest 1:08-1:27.5

BF2 am_senate 0:09.5-0:59.5

GAL mus_mustafar_dark_jedi_master_quest.mp3

Which part of that track is meant to be used there?

Anyone?

Hey, sorry about that. 1:57.5-end.

Just a note, I'm sure someone else has noticed this, but the "alternative ending" to Battle of Coruscant fits well.

Edit as according to Cerrabore's list, and at the very end, edit on wookiee_quest_accept, but instead of :11-end, it's probably something like :15-end and it's a seamless clean ending.

That's true, but I doubt that's actually how the cue runs. If you time such an edit to the film, it just ends in the middle of the hangar battle. However, it does now seem like the fanfare bit is part of the same cue as the BF2 material. I'll adjust the editing instructions to reflect your idea, Vaderbait.

I think "get em r2" originally played through Obi and Ani slashing all the droids in the hangar of the ship. The short piece that was used in the film to finish the cue is, in my opinion, tracked. It sounds as if the pitch has been raised which implies to me that it was not meant for that sequence in the first place. The fact that it is in the same key as the end of "goodbye old friend II" sounds to me like that is where it was supposed to be, although it doesn't make much sense with the way the movie ended up.

There could have been a Battle of Kashyyyk scene, following "Goodbye Old Friend," which was cut.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have a clear sample of the opening drums after the main title?

DVD rip has them... but they sound different from the boys_battle and boys_battle_2 ones... maybe because of the loss in the rear chanels?

Does anyone have a clear sample of the opening drums after the main title?

DVD rip has them... but they sound different from the boys_battle and boys_battle_2 ones... maybe because of the loss in the rear chanels?

Well, the rear channels only really contains the resonance/reverb of the drums... So they sound a lot less bright in the rear channels.

I found that with Home for the twins and such was a higher pitch, but not the entire track, I had to cut the track, I believe, at the part where they're deciding where C3P0 and R2D2 are going. I cut it around the second "fare" I believe if memory serves.

I then left padme's funeral as is in the file and up until the arrival of Leah. It took me a while to figure this out because I was trying to understand why after I'd changed the pitch of the file, it still didn't match up, it was a whole step off. I was able to edit it so you can't even tell that it was edited together. :-D

as far as the drums, I just used the dvd rip. Even though it sounds a little differen't, it's still very clear and you know it's a timpani so I was like "oh well this works fine"... it's just the higher harmonics that are missing but I don't see it entirely as a loss. There's no hiss, there's no noise (if you loop it) and then you can play it over the begining part and make it sound like it does in the movie.

I have that track completely done too. There is only one instance of sound near the end when you hear Obi-Wan's fighter shaking... I think it's when he says "I have a bad feeling about this," but past that, pretty clean.

I then took the fanfare at the end that we have and played it over the one in the DVD rip, cut off the last chord, sped it up and changed it's pitch so that it matches the film version, and then put it back over the other fanfares ending so that it fits perfectly... and it sounds fine for me.

There are still a couple little spots I'd really like if someone could rip the music from the dvd for

like when greviouses ship finally rights itself and anakin grabs the wire and they all kinda stop. In mine, it's just the DVD rip with all the sounds and everything. I'm sure that the rear channels wouldn't be much better, but still, it's better than listening to a 2 minute track only to hear "AHH!" "Eeer!" "::metalic twang::" "::ship flying off in distance::"

There are some other little spots, like as Yoda says "Close to you?" up until he says "Careful you must be when sensing the future Anakin." that whole line. it's the only talking in that track.

There are also two spots in when Padme goes to Mustafar. "Stop. Come back! I love you!" ... I forgot that I didn't have anything to replace that, and as I listened to it in my car, I had to turn it up to hear the music before, and then I hear "STOP!" and my brother and I nearly shit ourselves. lol

that and "You turned her against me!"... again, the only talking parts in that track.

:-)

EDIT: I also found that with "Obey the Council," the ending of it can be taken from earlier in the track, and copy and pasted into that spot twine and then just fade into that last chord.

I'm, uh, not exactly sure what this is, but I hope it will present new music.

I found that with Home for the twins and such was a higher pitch, but not the entire track, I had to cut the track, I believe, at the part where they're deciding where C3P0 and R2D2 are going. I cut it around the second "fare" I believe if memory serves.

KM edited this track incorrectly, adding the videogame part at the end without adjusting the pitch.

There are some other little spots, like as Yoda says "Close to you?" up until he says "Careful you must be when sensing the future Anakin." that whole line. it's the only talking in that track.

So? This is all included in OST t2.

I don't think that part is in track two... I will check again... but I'm sure it's not... it's only about 5 seconds worth...but still..

EDIT: I checked, at 3:29 in OST track 2, there is about 10 seconds of music that underplays those lines...

"Close to you?"

"Yes."

"Careful you must be when sensing the future Anakin."

that isnt there... Like I said, their minor edits, and very small clips but it would be nice to NOT have talking in the track at all if it can be avoided, which is why I asked...

I think there's a problem with the "Revisiting Padme" upload from the German Rip, when I play it nothing happens...no time code, nothing.  Anyone?

Tim

I think your problem is that it is in 48000 Hz instead of 44100.

OH! I just kinda discovered a little something about...

I was listening to the edit I have of "Grevious Escapes," and at the end of the edit I have, it goes dooo-do doooo-do doooo-do timpani hit fade...

But when I was comparing it to the film version, it's not like that. The last timpani hit isn't there.

Instead, a few seconds before hand, there is a tampani roll like the one at the end of when Grevious Enters and then a timpani hit at the last "doooo" and ends on the "-do."

I hope that makes some sence. Does anyone have a clean tampani roll and then hit like this one.. If you watch the movie and listen carefully you can get it. at first I didn't notice the roll, only the hit... then after listening a few times, I heard the timpani roll..

Any suggestions? I know someone was making computerized timpani hits, can you do a roll as well?

EDIT: I find tha tyou can actual use the DVD rip of that scene, the file is "Elevator scene," and put it there, you can't hear anything except the timp roll, and then use the timp hit from the file just put it in the place of the other one. It works too... only problem is the ending is abrupt

To elaborate on the comment I made earlier: LucasArts is launching a massive Star Wars Galaxies update in three days. With this they will be providing a ten-day free trial. That means we've got to download it and extract the more-than-likely-new music. I will not be around for this, however. I will be online not much or not at all Sunday, November 13th through Saturday, November 20th. That means somebody else ought to devise a cue list for incorporating whatever new music comes out, which I can borrow for the main post when I return.

KM can't because he is on a dial-up connection. There is no charge for this demo, however. I assume it will be distributed through FilePlanet or GameSpy.

That means somebody else ought to devise a cue list for incorporating whatever new music comes out, which I can borrow for the main post when I return.

Nooooooo! We neeeeeeeeeeeed you! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

8O

Don't you need to have already owned Galaxies to download the update?

Anyways, I just finished my edit and it sounds great, so naturally we get news about a new release. 8O I almost hope there's no more new music just so I dont' have to go re-edit it.

Don't you need to have already owned Galaxies to download the update?

No. This is a free trial/demo; anyone can download it. Again, I'm not sure of the means of download yet.

13. OBI-WAN FARES DROIDS/DRAWING SWORDS/GRIEVOUS ATTACKS/GOOD GUYS ARRIVE

GAL mus_wookiee_quest_fail all

GAL mus_avatar_platform_final 0:06

mix/paste OST t1 4:46-5:21

mix/paste GAL mus_avatar_platform_final 0:58-end

What do I do for this one?

Say, does anyone have the Episode 1 racer game? I'm looking for the podloop music file. It seems to me I've heard it somewhere before other than the game, though. Does anyone know if it's perhaps been released in a better quality in one of the other games? Maybe it could get thrown up on the ftp.?

Okay, I'm new to this. I went to FilePlanet and the galaxies demo is there. I register and log in and click "download". A small box flashes for a second, but too fast for me to see what it is, and then it atkes me to a page telling me to register. So apaprently you have to pay to try this demo?

Now I remember that thread. And since it was locked due to craziness, I hope this doesn't spark up a furor of related posts! Sorry Neil!

Though it is curious how it ended up on E-Bay.

Tim, whose memory seems to be poor.

Personally, I don't want to go anywhere near the topic of selling bootlegs. :D I realize that even editing isn't exactly legal, but I think it's much more forgivable than distributing copies, especially if you're making a profit.

Say, does anyone have the Episode 1 racer game?  I'm looking for the podloop music file.  It seems to me I've heard it somewhere before other than the game, though...

I think I remember sending it to you on the JC a few years ago. (I'm PEZman4 over there.)

Well, I redownloaded GoldWave and changed the pitch, and I now have the fantastic "Revisiting Padme/Grievous Speaks to Lord Sidious"! The problem is, they're still not cooperating with "Anakin's Dream." :D Could someone send me a clip of their edit so I can paste the transition in with the rest of it? I'd appreciate it!

I think I remember sending it to you on the JC a few years ago. (I'm PEZman4 over there.)

Key words: A few years ago. :mrgreen: That's okay, I really don't need it anymore anyways. I was just curious as to whether or not I could edit the Geonosis Battles now that my skills have improved since a few years back.

The answer is no, they still sound awful.

Okay, I'm new to this. I went to FilePlanet and the galaxies demo is there. I register and log in and click "download". A small box flashes for a second, but too fast for me to see what it is, and then it atkes me to a page telling me to register. So apaprently you have to pay to try this demo?

Stop, stop. This new Galaxies business won't be released until November 15th. The demo you found is old.

Hi,

I was just wondering, when you compile all the music that is possible to get, will any one of you edit all of the music together into complete tracks and put them on the FTP? I was wondering because it would make it a lot easier than having each person go through and edit them together themselves. Thanks and great job so far! :)

Well,I hope someone who has a broadband connection gets off his ass and downloads that Galaxies demo tomorrow.Maybe there'll be a few new cues available.

K.M.

3. MOVING THINGS ALONG/ANAKIN'S DARK DEEDS/IT CAN'T BE

OST 0:00-3:05.5

BF2 enter_vader 1:18.5-1:22

OST 3:05.5-end

mix OST t10 0:00-2:14.5

crossfade BF2 can't_be 1:27.5-2:10.5

OST t10 2:15.5-3:32

BF2 can't_be 1:10-1:17.5

OST t10 3:32-end

Would these unmarked ones be OST track 10? Thanks to anyone who answers this for me.

Dang, lots of typos... keep pointing these out, guys, I'll get to them.

I was just wondering, when you compile all the music that is possible to get, will any one of you edit all of the music together into complete tracks and put them on the FTP? I was wondering because it would make it a lot easier than having each person go through and edit them together themselves. Thanks and great job so far!

No one is a perfect editor, especially in dealing with materials such as these. We don't want to present any sort of "official" bootleg because it would inevitably have flaws (for example, mine would have very iffy reverb in the faked endings). If you're interested in just downloading a bootleg, use the trading board.

Well,I hope someone who has a broadband connection gets off his ass and downloads that Galaxies demo tomorrow.Maybe there'll be a few new cues available.

I'll try downloading the demo tomorrow, but I've never played the game and I've definitely never ripped anything from it. I'll toy around with it and see what happens. Can someone tell me a program to use and quick how-to?

By the way the new trailer for "Empire At War" on LucasArts' site that has a isolated segement of the war drums from the begining of ROTS. Is there anyone here who can record it and send it to me if KM is unable to?

Alright, I got TREArchiver all installed and ready. How exact are these people in releasing demos? Is it just at some point tomorrow, or at midnight on the dot?