Star Wars Prequel Music Resource

Henry B

The robe falling music is included in one of the files Cerrabore lists in his cue directions for that scene. And I think Skylark said that something was acting up on his computer when he ripped Padme's Visit, so it blanks out in spots.

Speaking of which, Skylark, are you going to rerecord that?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark,

I pmed you that info lol. If you didn't get it Sith Tryann told me in a private msg that he heard it when he played one of the Tantive IV levels. I guess he means online. You could see if the single player campaigns have any Tantive IV stuff.

Mine sound pretty good. Are you using exact times? On most of the tracks it's good to give yourself an extra second at the beginning and end and it's easier to blend in. I actually found all but one edit out of the duel to be difficult. The one that goes from where Anakin and Obi-Wan grab each others wrists in front of the eruption, which cuts to Yoda in the tunnel sounds bad, period. You can't notice it if you don't pay attention, but even in the movie it transitions weird. So basically, I just live with the edit. All the others are seamless on mine, though.

I just finished editing all of Disc 2 and am moving backwards to Disc 1. Everything sounds great except for Padme's visit. Could we possibly get a better rip of the beginning of Boys into Battle (with the drums and the force theme)? I don't mind sound effects but when the DVD rip suddenly drops right in the middle of the that part, it doesn't sound very good. Thanks.

Could we possibly get a better rip of the beginning of Boys into Battle (with the drums and the force theme)?

You can get a good-sounding edit, but you need to do some work. From the edit, use the cleanest two drum beats, and loop them the correct amount of time. Then, go to that Force theme part on Track 1 of the OST, play around with fade-in and whatnot, and I think I mixed it just before the last drum beat. It sounds rushed a bit, but it does in the film, too. It's not ideal, but it sounds decent, especially with the last drum beat underneath it. It sort of rounds it out so it doesn't sound so bad. I can notice the edit, but if you're not a huge editor, you'll just think it's another example of Williams doing a sharp contrast in the middle of a piece.

Yes,i used the drum beats from the DVD rip,and looped the clean ones a few times,but I just edited into the OST unused fanfare and not the force theme.I don't waste music.

YEah, there's two things I still need to do.

#1 - record the war drums from a trailer

#2 - rerecord the Padme's Visit

Then, I still need someone to let me know if there's anything from ROTS disc 2 (menu/documentaries/etc) to record. And I know that some stuff we recorded off the website, but they might sound better off the DVD directly.

Thanks,

~Sky

I hate wasting music, but it sounds infinitely better (in my mind) than the way it starts on the OST.  Besides, isn't the beginning tracked itno another track?

not in the list.

What i did was get boys battle and boys battle 2 and use all drum material there. Im happy with it. I have to cut and replace one missing beat on the beggining but it sounds nice since basically it was the same note.

There's a lot not in the list, because of tracking, or because it sounds better to leave it out. Cerrabore is completing how he thinks the music was originally scored, not how it appears in the film necessarily. For instance, he includes all of Grievous and the Droids, when the film uses just the last half. It's really a matter of preference. Most of the time Cerrabore's cue lists sound the best, but a couple (I'm thinking of Obi-Wan vs. Grievous music) sounds pretty good if you can successfully blend the DVD rip, which I can. The only downside is that the quality sounds a little off, and we don't have the end after the Elevator Scene music starts.

So Skylark, is that just something we have to deal with, being DVD rips, or is it possible (not necessarily for you, you've done a lot already) to rip the DVD in higher quality?

I hate wasting music, but it sounds infinitely better (in my mind) than the way it starts on the OST.  Besides, isn't the beginning tracked itno another track?

Yeah, the music that the crawl leads into on the soundtrack is the cue for when the Clones arrive on Utapau in the middle of the Obi-Grievous duel. I'm not sure if the two are verbatim, but I think they're close enough (same with inserting a piece of "Grievious Speaks to Lord Sidious" into Drawing Swords).

Isn't the "Clones to Utupau" cue tracked from OST 1?

I also was convinced that the fanfare was from "Good Guys Arrive", but when I heard that the videogame files used it exactly as the OST made me convince that I was wrong. It just seemed too loud to me (as I previously written, we have only a pan down to an isolate Star Destroyer, no sign of a space battle going on); it almost sounded as a loud fanfare after the crawl in Episode IV instead of the twinkling stars. But now I firmly state: that's the real beginning of "1M3 - Boys Into Battle". The edit in OST 1 of the Main Title cue is exactly what Williams wanted to do for this sequence.

On a side note, I think that the recording of "The Great Dual" in the Episode I videos section suffers of the same problems of the old Galactic Battleground files...

I also was convinced that the fanfare was from "Good Guys Arrive", but when I heard that the videogame files used it exactly as the OST made me convince that I was wrong. It just seemed too loud to me (as I previously written, we have only a pan down to an isolate Star Destroyer, no sign of a space battle going on); it almost sounded as a loud fanfare after the crawl in Episode IV instead of the twinkling stars. But now I firmly state: that's the real beginning of "1M3 - Boys Into Battle". The edit in OST 1 of the Main Title cue is exactly what Williams wanted to do for this sequence.

I agree that it sounds like it wasn't edited or anything, but I think we should be thanking our lucky stars this ONE instance that someone overdubbed drums. The way it occurs on the OST just wouldnt' work in the film.

EDIT: I have a question. I thought Galaxies was a massively multiplayer game? So how come on the trial all you can do is one level of single player? It said on the ad that you can play the first 10 levels, but how the hell do you advance? I've done the first level a crapload of times, levelled up on experience, and I still can't get past the first level. And it's really slow, too, because it's always connecting to a server and stuff. What the hell is the point of that if you're playing single player? Can someone help me out here? I'm not seeing any way out.

The Galaxies people are NOT makign me want to buy this game.

you can seigue the War Drums into that fanfare.I've just found a version in BF2 of that fanfare that has the war drums too.I'm not sure if that made it to the ftp.

k.m.

you can seigue the War Drums into that fanfare.I've just found a version in BF2 of that fanfare that has the war drums too.I'm not sure if that made it to the ftp.

k.m.

as i said, Boys_battle and boys_battle_2 are the files...

And the fanfare i think its a military version of the 'deleted music' so its from the main titles, and i think it works well in the anticipation of the battle...

I agree that it sounds like it wasn't edited or anything, but I think we should be thanking our lucky stars this ONE instance that someone overdubbed drums. The way it occurs on the OST just wouldnt' work in the film.

It would have synced perfectly with the bolt of sunlight filling the screen. I like Williams' instincts better.

Could someone direct me to listings of the tracked music in ROTS, hopefully as precise as the listings in the first post in the thread for the scored music?

I've been having fun with this editing stuff, and all I need to be satisfied with my ROTS Expanded Edition is the tracked music sections.

If this hasn't been covered in this thread, then hopefully someone will be able to PM me. If not, I may attempt to tackle this myself.

In the ripped RotS folder (US) on the FTP, there's a folder of pre-assembled tracked sections. Repulsors Fail, Flying Half a Ship, Kashyyyk, Temple Raid, and Execute Order 66 are all there. They pretty much cover the tracked music.

Mine sound pretty good.  Are you using exact times?  On most of the tracks it's good to give yourself an extra second at the beginning and end and it's easier to blend in.  I actually found all but one edit out of the duel to be difficult.  The one that goes from where Anakin and Obi-Wan grab each others wrists in front of the eruption, which cuts to Yoda in the tunnel sounds bad, period.  You can't notice it if you don't pay attention, but even in the movie it transitions weird.  So basically, I just live with the edit.  All the others are seamless on mine, though.

For me? Lots of things. Most notably, Yoda Falls with the robe falling, Yoda crawling, Yoda into Exile and using the end credits for Episode III for the last part of the duel.

In the ripped RotS folder (US) on the FTP, there's a folder of pre-assembled tracked sections.  Repulsors Fail, Flying Half a Ship, Kashyyyk, Temple Raid, and Execute Order 66 are all there.  They pretty much cover the tracked music.

I made my own bad edits before I realized the folder opens... :oops:

A majority seemed to be from the orginal itself. :roll: And also, I'm halfway through the score. ;)

PROBLEM! I'm using Audacity, and I was editing together Grevous arriving on Utapau, and after the cue Revisiting Padme, ALL THE MUSIC WENT TO THE LEFT SPEARKER. ROTFLMAO Can anyone help me out?

PROBLEM! I'm using Audacity, and I was editing together Grevous arriving on Utapau, and after the cue Revisiting Padme, ALL THE MUSIC WENT TO THE LEFT SPEARKER. :spiny:  Can anyone help me out?

you probably pressed a setting your not supposed to during editing.I'd start over .

K.M.

Yeah, there were a few there that gave me some trouble. I can't really offer much help other than to say "keep trying," except there there was one edit where the timing was off about 2 seconds. Not sure if it got corrected on the list or not, and I don't remember exactly what it was. I posted it several pages back.

That's why I wish they'd just release the complete scores for all three Prequels, especially ROTS in their original recording format so we wouldn't have to worry about bad editing jobs on our parts or guessing on where the hell music is supposed to go...

So,what's the next game to be released?

K.M.Who isn't expecting any new unreleased cues for a while.

Star Wars: Empire At War

That takes place sometime after ROTS. There might be new music who knows.

I think "moody" underscore like Be Carefull of Your Friend and Palpatines' Big Pitch have a good chance of ending up in a game,after all they released similar cues like Palpatine's Seduction,Dialogue with Mace and Going to Utapau.The Death of Dooku also has a good chance of beeing released,beeing a "fit anywhere" action track.

k.M.