Star Wars Prequel Music Resource

Henry B

Sorry if this is all irrelevant to you guys or is already discussed or whatever, but I just wanted to make a few notes of what I found interesting while viewing/ripping the Revenge of the Sith DVD.

1. I checked the first minute or so of "Grievous and the Droids", and it does not seem to match the movie, and I am wondering - is the beginning of the track supposed to score a separate scene? The music seems to match up once Anakin and Obi-Wan break free.

2. When Mace gets killed, it sounds like they tracked an awkward mix of 3:29 - 3:37 of "Enter Lord Vader", and just overlapping the next piece of music.

3. When the clones turn on Obi-Wan, right as the tracked music from The Phantom Menace ends, the last note (accompanied by the ubiquitous drumroll) eludes me, because as far as I can tell, it is not part of the tracked cue, and probably not part of "Anakin's Betrayal", but it would seem pointless to track in just one note, so...

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. I checked the first minute or so of "Grievous and the Droids", and it does not seem to match the movie, and I am wondering - is the beginning of the track supposed to score a separate scene? The music seems to match up once Anakin and Obi-Wan break free. This music was just not used until Grievous leaves the ship to the droids. If you were to play the music with the scene, you'd start when R2 rushes in to escape from the Destroyer droids.

2. When Mace gets killed, it sounds like they tracked an awkward mix of 3:29 - 3:37 of "Enter Lord Vader", and just overlapping the next piece of music. I'm not sure exactly, but I think this was recorded for the scene.

3. When the clones turn on Obi-Wan, right as the tracked music from The Phantom Menace ends, the last note (accompanied by the ubiquitous drumroll) eludes me, because as far as I can tell, it is not part of the tracked cue, and probably not part of "Anakin's Betrayal", but it would seem pointless to track in just one note, so... It was probably added to make it seem less like a cut and paste job, and seem like a re-recording.

I was curious. There are a few spots that I have the english rip for but Was wondering how the German rip would do.

They are pretty inconsecuential, but it would still be nice ot have them.

Is there a person I should ask specifically?

I hadn't realized it but, the musical score during the film version of "Padme's Visit" is so rich with feeling and emotion. It is such a shame Sony did not release this as a complete piece. Does anyone know if the German DVD rip has this track with less sound effects?

This music was just not used until Grievous leaves the ship to the droids. If you were to play the music with the scene, you'd start when R2 rushes in to escape from the Destroyer droids.

Well, I checked again and realized it matched up better than I thought from my last attempt. Thanks for inspiring me to double-check.

I'm not sure exactly, but I think this was recorded for the scene.

I basically just drew that conclusion because those seconds sounded too unnatural to have been composed that way. It really does sound to me though like some sounds are overlapping.

It was probably added to make it seem less like a cut and paste job, and seem like a re-recording.

Probably.

Why did we conclude the deleted scenes on the DVD bonus disk were not in 5.1?They ARE in 5.1. and the rear channels can be ripped..The intros are just in plain stereo and I never bothered to check the actual scenes.There some very clean music in there.

The opening 50 seconds of Palpatines' Big Pitch is in Confronting the Chancellor,100% clean.Can anyone rip this digitally.I only know how to manually rip from a line in from the rear analogue out of my DVD player and the signal is too weak and full of interferance.

K.M.

There's the first 50 seconds of Palpatine's Big Pitch,a part of Plan for the Twins (we already have this from the German rip though)and the Yoda Farewell is somewhat better but still has engine noises.

k.M.

Why did we conclude the deleted scenes on the DVD bonus disk were not in 5.1?

Blame "Vosk".

The deleted scenes as well as the rest of the stuff on Disc 2 are NOT in 5.1 surround for the Region 1 release.

Neil

I'd love to rip it but I can't figure out where it is... my dvd player says it's like... Title 2 or something and 18 or something? (not the exact numbers... I can't remember now) but when I use the program that is spoken of to rip audio, I can't figure out what title it's under... only like...7 come up... ...I can't figure it out :-(

"Yoda's Farewell" is the only one that comes half decently off the rear (or any other) channels. There are still loads of SFX, and I'd never use it for a CD/expanded socre. I just listen to it because it's clearer than in the main film. It's no great loss if you can't rip the music from the deleted scenes - it's mixed just like the rest of the film anyway.

I'd love to rip it but I can't figure out where it is... my dvd player says it's like... Title 2 or something and 18 or something? (not the exact numbers... I can't remember now) but when I use the program that is spoken of to rip audio, I can't figure out what title it's under... only like...7 come up... ...I can't figure it out :-(

when I tried it was title 3 chapter 32.Just compare track times by playing it first.That scene is 2:05 long.

K.M.Who wasn't sucssesful and basically wants those 50 seconds of Palpatine's big Pitch

If I'm going to do the deleted scenes from disc2... is there any music segments from any of the documentaries that we need to?

SOrry about delay on anything - I just haven't had much motivation to really go out of the way to redo the Padme's Visit track.

~Sky

Good news, everyone! I was able to rip the part of "Palpatine's Big Pitch!" The surround tracks were completely clean and the front left and right tracks were mostly clean, too. I just mixed the two together and left out the footsteps (or whatever the sound was).

I've sent it to King Mark, but if anybody else wants it, PM me your email address. (Or perhaps we can get it posted up on the FTP?)

Well,at least we have the opening of this cue and the rip sounds great,though the Darth Plagueis part is afterwards.A minute gained is a minute gained.Hopefully the missing segments will turn up eventually.

I think the segments from Plans for the Twins in 2 other deleted scenes should be ripped as well,they might sound better than the German rip.I'm sooo bummed they managed to squeeze in sound effects into the

Yoda into Exile segment.

Mark

I've ripped the audio from the second scene with the senators, and I'm editing it now. It's free of dialogue and sound FX, but there are some very harsh changes in volume. This may take a little work.

Which other scene are you talking about?

If I'm going to do the deleted scenes from disc2... is there any music segments from any of the documentaries that we need to?

~Sky

Good news lordskylark, there is. Last night I downloaded a DVD audio ripper and ripped Chapter 31 of the documentary "Within A Minute", the one on the score. There is a clean version of the music when Obi-Wan and Anakin fight on the collector arm and the lava lands on it. Very sweet, although short, but sound effect free.

thank you Darth Tater, but we do have that already...

But if you are making your own rip, that is still good to have ;-)

Thank you for the help though ;-)

It's taken everyones combined effort to get this far...

Hopefully we can still manage to get little bits of what's left.

Think maybe "Empire at War" will have some?

What's the game about? If it's set in OT times, they'll probably use OT music. (Actually, since when were LucasArts that accurate? :))

it ranges from after EPIII to EPVI (and beyond?) if i recall correctly

Do you have some sort of translator you can type in, or does it automatically appear to us in english?

LOL

I was waiting for someone to say this. I didn't understand a word he said either.

The "Empire at War" game will feature music from all six films (based on preview videos). It also seems to have a limited original music score.

The clean "Palpatine's Big Pitch" music has been uploaded to the RotS DVD rips folder as Palpatine's Big Pitch (deleted scene).mp3.

Just a little side note, I tried synching up the "original" piece for "Anakin Defeats Sebulba" with the film and it didn't match up at all. I tried it at various spots towards the end of the Podrace when he defeats Sebulba.

I am begining to think the piece that they used for the "Gungan's Retreat" was supposed to be there. Ya you could argue it belongs in the end of the podrace since it has a statement of "Anakin's Theme", however that theme could have also been ment for when the Queen and her guards surrendered to the group of Destroyer Droids. Just my $.02 worth...

P.S. I thought the deleted scenes for ROTS Disc 2 weren't 5.1 since Smart Ripper didn't list them as such..sorry about that gents.

Do you have some sort of translator you can type in, or does it automatically appear to us in english?

LOL

I was waiting for someone to say this. I didn't understand a word he said either.

Yes, let's all laugh at someone who is making an effort to post here who doesn't natively speak English. That's a great way to make someone feel welcomed!

Trent, why don't you try posting in French and see how it goes?

:roll:

Neil

Anakin vs Sebulba was definitely written for the podrace - there is a quicktime featurette on starwars.com about the sound for ep 1 that shows them mixing the scene with that music in there at one point.

I wasn't suggesting it wasn't - I meant that JW probably wrote that music for a longer (or at least differently edited) version of the scene, and it had to be re-edited. Like The Conveyor Belt from Episode II.

Hey, all. John Takis is going to be acquiring the raw AC3 file from the German DVD within a month or so. We'll be able to rip all the music from the German edition, now.

Good,Schookbaer(did we scare him off?) only ripped the rear channels.There could be some scenes which might benifit from including the front channels maybe.Also there's some small bits of music he eft out worth investigating.

K.M.

Anakin vs Sebulba was definitely written for the podrace - there is a quicktime featurette on starwars.com about the sound for ep 1 that shows them mixing the scene with that music in there at one point.

You can ignore my PM about this, I found the clip. Well I'll be...you were right that piece does belong there. Too bad they couldn't have kept it there. Sounds so much better than the re-hash of "Escape From Naboo". ;)

The FTP has been reorganized. Files are all divided by film instead of game now. I also did some general cleaning (deleting a couple useless files), and will be uploading some tracks from the Anthology soon.

Note the ESB remixes in /star%20wars/Episode%205%20-%20The%20Empire%20Strikes%20Back/Republic%20Commando/. Interesting, no?

Looks good. I was thinking it might work organized by film, since some of it already was.

Hey, do we have the Complete (Slate/Title/Recording Date) Cue Lists for TPM or AOTC? If so, I think it might be a good idea to have them in the first post.

Hey, do we have the Complete (Slate/Title/Recording Date) Cue Lists for TPM or AOTC? If so, I think it might be a good idea to have them in the first post.

No we don't have it. ROTS has been the only score to have that out on the net. I wished we had one for TPM and AOTC though...

Dunno if this adds anything to your TPM cue list, but Jim Ware posted this in another thread a while back:

Reel 1:

Star Wars (Main Title)

The Arrival

Gas Leak

Droid Fight

Queen Amidala

Droid Invasion

Introducing Jar Jar

Bubble World

Gone Fishin'

Reel 2:

Darth Sidious

Tentacles

Theed Palace Arrival

You're Under Arrest

Escape From Naboo

Intro Darth Maul

Arrival at Tatooine

?Jar Jar and Sebulba

?The Sandstorm

Reel 3:

Running Out of Time

?Talk of Podracing

Watto's Deal

Kids At Play

?It's Working

Sith Spacecraft

?Chance Cube

Flag Parade

?Jabba Introduction

The Race Begins (unused)

Reel 4:

Anakin Defeats Sebulba (unused)

Anakin's Great Victory

Anakin Is Free

Darth Maul and Qui-Gon

Coruscant Arrival

Queen and Palpatine

Reel 5:

High Council Meeting

The Senate

Anakin's Test

He Is The Chosen One

?A Sith Here

Moving Forward

The Gungans

?War Plans

Reel 6:

The Armies Face Off

?Courtyard Crossfire

Laser Fight March

Take To Your Ships

The Big Army

Droid Battle

Up The Wire

The Great Duel

?Crash Landing

Qui-Gon's Noble End

Battleship Destroyed

?Death of Darth Maul

Reel 7:

?Yoda's Warning

Qui-Gon's Funeral

Augie's Great Municipal Band

End Title

End Title Part II (unused)

I think there might be a few cues on there not in your list - I didn't compare them fully.