Star Wars Prequel Music Resource

Henry B

Ok, I'm not entirely clear on something here...

22. YODA STRIKES BACK II/FINALE

BF2 yoda_strikes 0:51.5-0:56.5

BF2 yoda_strikes 0:01-0:15

DVD 32 2:39-2:40

BF2 yoda_strikes 0:36-0:40:42.5

BF2 yoda_strikes 0:19-0:23.5

BF2 yoda_strikes 0:46-0:51.5

mix OST t13 all

What exactly is that there? It looks like two different end times, so I'm not sure exactly how I'm supposed to include this piece.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple of questions:

1. Is the DVD rip file of "Padme's Visit" faulty? The audio silences in crucial places within the file.

2. Is there a list of clean beginnings and ends? I'm editing my ROTS and TPM scores according to the cue lists, rather than the cue-combinations in Cerrabore's list. (Though I am using the edit timings to edit the cues.)

Ok, I'm just finishing up my Attack of the Clones Expanded and from the track listing I'm assuming it is to fit on one disc... so I obviously screwed up somewhere. I'm a good bit over the 80 min. max. So, does anyone have perhaps an approx. track times list I could use to figure out where I went wrong rather than having to check all my edits from scratch? Thanks

Mine fits on one disc...It's close. I think there was like 30 seconds to a minute left on the disc if I'm remembering correctly, but that's without the concert arrangement. I knew I forgot something...

I've noticed that in the film version of "Flying Half a Ship", the end appears to have been lowered in pitch. Is this a different take (and thus make more sense with "Another Happy Landing")?

No, the ending has been raised in pitch. This was done, I assume, to accomodate an edit that would have been even more awkward than it is. Before the edit, that piece modulates to a higher key, but the part edited in next is a whole-step lower. Easy solution? Raise the pitch by a whole-step. Very noticeable the first time I saw the movie, after hearing that ending a whole-step lower for six years.

Robthehand, I just noticed your signature, and it makes me laugh.

Were the choir and orchestra always recorded separately? I'm noticing in the movie's edit of Battle of the Heroes that the first four measures of the 3/4-2/4 section (da da-da-da, da da-da-da, da da-da-da-da da-da-da-da) repeats, but the choir only enters the second time through. The cue titled "Revenge of the Sith" doesn't have this repeat written in; I know because you can see the desk III cello part for a moment on the bonus DVD.

#1 - I'll fix the Padme's Visit cue WHEN SOMEONE PROVIDES ME WITH THE **GERMAN** AC3 files (that people obviously have)

#2 - I second the notion for a list of cues with clean intro/beginnings because I too want an edit with each track to be a seperate cue.

Thanks,

~Sky

The German rip is a little over a half-step higher in pitch than it should be, I believe. Man, it took me a while to realize this and it confused me so much when the rip of "Revisiting Padme" overlapped with the OST recording of the scurrying strings when Grievous's ship flies by...so much dissonance! I faded out of the ripped cue much more quickly and changed its pitch, obviously, but the edit still sounds a little awkward. I'm going to have to redo it one of these days.

Every time I listen to any of the unreleased music, I become more frustrated with the fact that there isn't an "Ultimate Edition" soundtrack. There are some great cues in Episode III that never made it to the soundtrack! Consider how much impact even a short cue like "Another Happy Landing" can improve the flow of the score. For the most part, only the darker music made it onto the OST. While much of that darker music is some of Williams' finest work, there are some lighter moments that even these out a bit and provide more contrast--Yoda's departure, "Another Happy Landing", the arrival on Utapau, etc. These are great cues, too. :eek:

Now wouldn't it be great if Sony just released a CD (or CD set) that contained all the cues in their original form, just as they were recorded? The percussion overdubs could be included as bonus tracks or something. (I personally like some of the overdubs and detest some of the others.) Too bad this is never going to happen...or could it? It might take twenty years...like it did for the original trilogy...

By the way, I thought the OT special edition soundtrack releases were simply excellent. They contained just about all the music recorded, including some that didn't make it into the movies, minus some bad edits that made it into the movies. Now, why not just repeat this with the PT?

Okay, I'm done. :)

So how much should I lower the pitch by in order to make it sound halfway decent? I did the edit before, but now I'm starting over (and flying through it after all that practice) in order to get higher quality files, since the first time I really didn't pay much attention and the quality dropped a lot from the original files. So, I'm re-editing Revisiting Padme and Grievous Speaks... (not that Revisiting Padme was ever in very great sound quality)

Sorry. Change of subject here. I was noticing on the ftp there's a document that contains a long detailed description of cues from AotC. Included in it is an incomplete list of edits for the tracked music from the Battle of Geonosis. I was wondering if anyone had a completed list of this music so I could try editing it together just for my own listening. Also I'm assuming this is a pretty old list. Is most of the "unreleased" stuff on there now available? If not, what's still missing? Thanks

And don't try to edit it. I just tried recently and there's no possible way to make the edits sound good. And the unreleased music is still unreleased I'm pretty sure. I haven't heard any of it in files or anything.

I was trying to put together a set of all of Williams big "battle" scores from each episode (Yavin, Hoth, Endor, Naboo, Geonosis) Not sure about RotS... doesn't really have a "battle" does it? Well, I guess I'll just work with what there is. I'm waiting for some good instructions to reassemble the Battle of Naboo, but sounds like it's going to be a huge task.

You could include the final duel. True, it's not an epic war battle, but the music is just as intense and clocking it at about 10 minutes total it would be nearly equal to the Hoth battle.

I find the battle of coruscant to be the best cues in the prequels...

Seriously? I found the cues for the Battle of Coruscant to be enjoyable, but nothing terribly special. My favorite battle music (I'm talking non-thematic action music here) has got to be the material written for the Battle of Hoth. The unusual orchestrations plus the use of the low registers of the piano and the bizarre, mechanical rhythms work very nicely. I feel like that's Williams' most unique action music right there.

I just listened to "Grievous and the Droids" from the OST while watching the movie. Whoever said they synced up perfectly was right. Interesting. I think I like it better without the music, but it's cool to see the scene on the bridge with music. How ironic that Luke's theme plays while Anakin is speaking...

Do you guys think the fanfare at the beginning of "Enter Lord Vader" was intended for the scene when Obi-Wan meets up with Tantive IV? I think I'll go see if it matches up now...

EDIT: Well, it doesn't really match up. It's too short and doesn't really fit the mood of the scene. And the tracked music used in the film isn't really tracked--it was recorded for ROTS. So I'm going to say that the fanfare from "Enter Lord Vader" was intended for another scene, perhaps one edited out of the final cut. Anyone have any ideas?

No, I think the fanfare was originally written for the establishing shot of Obi-Wan arriving at the Tantive IV. It's in the same key as the previous cue and segues very effectively. If it no longer synch's up with the picture I would guess that's because the shot changed between scoring and mixing. In fact, that may be why the music was changed in the first place.

oh,I hope dooku's Death is in there

k.M.

As do I. All though the video clips on BF 2 which showed Fisto and Ventress in action with sound effects and the music accompaning the clips is music that we have all ready. Hopefully it doesn't reflect that in the game. Hope the audio was just something the gamers whipped up at the last minute for just the clips only.

Check the whole patch though just incase. Who knows maybe that piece might be in with another character since after all it's a completely different patch than the regular Battlefront 2 files.

So do I, infact for me I find it to be the best cue in the entire Saga...but that's just me.

Seriously? I found the cues for the Battle of Coruscant to be enjoyable, but nothing terribly special. My favorite battle music (I'm talking non-thematic action music here) has got to be the material written for the Battle of Hoth. The unusual orchestrations plus the use of the low registers of the piano and the bizarre, mechanical rhythms work very nicely. I feel like that's Williams' most unique action music right there.

I spoke of the Prequels not the saga.

I realy enjoy that scene in the movie, but im not sure now if i cant say its has the best music, i cannot toss aside 6 years loving The Phantom Menace masterpiece score...

I think the tracking with previous music in AOTC and ROTS make me not having a complete view of the score. Lets see when we get (well done) complete releases...

I checked not too long ago, and I it's still not updated yet.

I've been working on a complete Film edit score to Episode II and mine is like 2 hours long... though I think that it's just because I havn't finished. Some of the material hasn't finished being edited so there is some duplication going on...

Are your all's film edits?

I've downloaded the expansion but I can't seem to find a list of what is new. I know Kit Fisto and Asaj Ventress... but what else is new...

I need to know so I know wher eto look so I'm not blinding blinking in and out of online play...

If anyone knows of a list, I'd love to see it. Thanks

EDIT:

From what I'm finding, it's just Asaj Ventress and Kit Fisto. There are 4 extra levels, Yavin Arena, Rhen Var Harbor, Rhen Var citadel, and Bespin city.

Anything missing?

I've been playing this game for a while and so far, no new music :-(

It funny kit fisto is an exclusive XBOX content. when in the package of the original game this very jedi was in the front cover.

I hate XBOX live content.

Luke, who has not certain great planes and missions in SWON for PC :)

Sorry about that little non sequitor, Mr. Skywalker. Whoops! :thumbup:

I greatly enjoy that entire sequence, too. The entire first twenty minutes of the movie have great pacing and so much to look at and think about. I just felt like the music wasn't quite deserving of the title "Best Prequel Cue." Then again, I don't know if any cue does...there are so many great pieces...

The Prequel is often crapped upon but in reality contains quite a lot of great music that puts it on even footing with the originals, though I'll always favor the originals a little more based on nostalgia.

Yes. I love Flying half a ship, but that's from Episode I (which as you asid has a masterpiece score.)

So :-p Good tracking at least-Bad Editing... but Good tracking :-p

Anyone finding any new music in Battlefront... I've come up empty but I'm not very good at the game And I could be wrong and have missed some completely...

No, it's different in many spots. I haven't worked on this in months - but I believe all the needed files are available for download, so feel free to have a go at it.