Star Wars Prequel Music Resource

Henry B

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it does. There's nothing we can do with the cut scenes.

By the way, for those of you who were experiencing problems connecting to the FTP yesterday, it appears to work now.

Even if it's not used in the final edit, would someone be able to record the cutscenes, so we can hear what some of the unrelease music sounds like though?

Thanks,

~Sky

Out of curiosity, can everyone fit Episode I on two disks? I can't. I'm like...a couple tracks too long...

If you are including all alternates, concert versions and first pass versions, you cant.

If you are following Cerrabore's tracklist then it should fit, with about 10 minutes free on each CD.

Two things... Can someone compile a list of alternates and first pass versions or alternate takes/instrumentations?

#2 - I got the German DVD release finally from a fellow member. So, all of those tracks should be up soon.

Thanks,

~Andy

Well, here is my tracklist:

Star Wars: Episode I Complete Score

-Edit by Bernard Kyer

Disk 1: (1:17:17)

01) Fox Fanfare 0:32

02) Main Title 1:32

03) Arrival at Naboo 2:43

04) Gas Leak 1:22

05) Droid Fight 1:50

06) Queen Amidala 2:40

07) Droid Invasion 0:59

08) Droid Invasion Extension (Unused) 0:37

09) Jar Jar/ Swim to Otta Gunga 2:12

10) Gungan High Council 2:04

11) Come Along Jar Jar 1:09

12) Passage Through the Planet Core 1:38

13) Huge Ochee/ Attack on Theed 1:24

14) Darth Sidious/ Powers Out 1:22

15) Theed Palace Arrival 2:15

16) You're Under Arrest 1:54

17) Escape from Naboo (Film) 2:07

18) Escape from Naboo (Alt. Percussion Mix) 2:10

19) Now There are Two of Them 1:03

20) Arrival at Tatooine 2:30

21) A Little Street Music 1:18

22) Padme Meets Anakin/ Hit the Nose 1:28

23) Desert Winds 1:28

24) Jar Jar's Run in With Sebulba 1:28

25) Home of Anakin Skywalker 4:24

26) Running out of Time/ At Last 1:12

27) Talk of Podracing 2:59

28) Watt's Deal 0:46

29) Kids at Play 3:21

30) The Racer Roars to Life 1:27

31) Sith Spacecraft 1:56

32) Mos Espa Arena Band 0:54

33) Watt's Roll of the Die 2:00

34) Sith Probe Droids 0:12

35) Flag Parade 1:25

36) Flag Parade (Alternate Recording) 2:13 *I'm guessing this is a first take piece?

37) The Race Begins 1:49

38) Smoke in the Eyes 2:47

39) Pod Racing (Alternate) 1:53

40) Hail to the Winner 1:13

41) Mos Espa Folk Song 1:13

42) Anakin is Free 5:04

43) It was a Sith 1:47

44) Arrival at Courescant 3:58

Disk 2: (1:17:47)

01) Formal Introductions 2:14

02) To the Senate Building 0:48

03) The Queen and Palpatine 0:41

04) High Council I 0:45

05) High Council II 1:45

06) High Council III (Unused) 0:29

07) The Senate 1:26

08) Anakins Test 1:02

09) Anakin's Test (Alternate) 0:24

10) He is the Chose One 1:15

11) Moving Things Alone 0:49

12) Senator, this is Your Arena 0:49

13) Wesa Going Home 3:54

14) Nute and Rune Confer with Sidious 0:35

15) To Naboo 2:33

16) Audience with Boss Nass 2:36

17) War Plans 1:01

18) Padme's Plan 1:30

19) Lord Sidious Contacted/ Unused Gungan March 1:03

20) Gungan March (Perc) 0:32

21) Gungan March (Film) 0:35

22) The Battle Begins 0:53

23) The Battle of Naboo I 1:15

24) The Battle of Naboo II 1:33

25) Presentation of Darth Maul 0:48

26) The Duel Begins 0:19

27) Anakin Takes Off 0:46

28) Duel of the Fates (Unused Alternate) 2:54

29) The Battle for Naboo III 2:18

30) Droid Battle 0:27

31) The Great Duel (Unused) 1:19

32) The Invisable Wall 0:14

33) Gungan Retreat (Unused) 0:42

34) Anakin's Crash Landing 0:48

35) Anakin's Crash Landing (Alternate) 0:45

36) Qui-Gon's Death 1:31

37) The Caged Animal 0:51

38) Blowing Up From the Inside 1:33

39) Blwoing Up From the Inisde (Alternate) 0:45 *first take?

40) Death of Darth Maul 1:37

41) The Queen Confronts Rune/ A Jedi, He will Be 1:51

42) Qui-Gon's Fneral 1:18

43) Victory Celebration (Complete Film Version) 1:27

44) End Credits Intro 0:52

45) Duel of the Fates (Album) 4:15

46) Anakin's Theme 3:09

47) Original End Credits Suite 6:46

I added these because I noticed that the original bootleg had them, and they weren't that long. I re-ripped them...

48) Tone Poem- Padme 0:31

49) Tone Poem- Anakin 0:31

50) Tone Poem- Darth Maul 0:31

51) Tone Poem- Qui-Gon 0:32

52) Tone Poem- Shmi 1:01

53) Duel of the Fates (Instrumental) 4:06

54) Victory Celebration (Album) 1:27

Things that don't fit:

01) Duel of the Fates (Alternate Film Recording) 4:00

02) Duel of the Fates (Dialoge Version) 4:21

03) End Credits (Film Version)

04)

I'd thought about adding some concert suites but I can't find any good ones. You guys know of any good recordings? lol

Btw: I managed to get clean openings and endings on pretty much everything. There are maybe 1 or 2 tracks where theres a slight fade out from of the ending from the track before... but that's in 1 or 2 cases.... and all times the track before has a clean ending.

All right...I have the German dvd ripped with each channel (center, FrontLeft, FrontRight, RearLeft, RearRight)...

I need to combine them to make the best most SFX free edit (keep in mind that the rear channels aren't always the best to rip in all cases - I know there's a few places in ROTS that were worse than the front R&L).

If I sent them to someone online, would anyone be willing to go through and do two things

#1 - Get rid of any segments that have other sources for them (OST or Videogames, etc)

#2 - Make the best possible edit from the 5 channels

I don't have the time to edit them together, nor am I familiar enough with the music. I will send them to a particular person and they can do that for me and then I'll place them on the FTP after they are done.

My AIM is lordskylark (preferred)

email: lord_skylark@yahoo.com

Get ahold of me and I'll send them your way.

Thanks,

~Andy

Tone Poems are just the trailers. I wondered what they were for the longest time...

The name is misleading...it's John Williams music with a poem read by the character over it.

Like Anakins is over his theme:

What if dreams came true,

and you could be who you wanted to be,

you could do what you wanted to do,

and you could help who you wanted to help.

What if drams came true,

and the world opened up

and you were never, ever afraid.

What if dreams came true?

But dreams do come true

Don't they?

and Darth Maul is that one with "Fear, fear is my allay..." poem...They're kinda cool...and all together its 2 minutes. A good filler lol.

Tone Poems are just the trailers. I wondered what they were for the longest time...

The name is misleading...it's John Williams music with a poem read by the character over it.  

Like Anakins is over his theme:

What if dreams came true,

and you could be who you wanted to be,

you could do what you wanted to do,

and you could help who you wanted to help.

What if drams came true,

and the world opened up

and you were never, ever afraid.

What if dreams came true?

But dreams do come true

Don't they?

and Darth Maul is that one with "Fear, fear is my allay..." poem...They're kinda cool...and all together its 2 minutes. A good filler lol.

Hmm...Never heard of them. Are these on the FTP?

I remember those poems.I like the Darth Maul one.And in another it was the only place you could hear The Pod Roars to Life before the UE came out.

K.M.

I remember one of them had a bit from the final Senate cue, the no confidence vote, that everyone was obsessing over for months trying to figure out what it was.

They're on the Episode I DVD.

Exactly. That's how I got them. I guess they're no longer needed... But I love extras... and there wasn't enough room left on the CD to put anything of real interest so I plopped them in since they've kinda always been on the complete score.

I remember one of them had a bit from the final Senate cue, the no confidence vote, that everyone was obsessing over for months trying to figure out what it was.

yes because there's a bunch of cues in TPM you can't hear at all even by playing the movie with headphones on.Most of the Coruscant music was totally unknown to me when the UE came out.

K.M.

You know, it occurs to me that I am missing something...if youlisten to the track from the Phantom Menace Game called "sqfightmaul1end," it has the horn eaither purposely adding a gracenote or splitting the pitch I think the term is...

Eaither way, it's different than what's on the album... Does anyone have further editing insrtuctions for this... becauase it's kinda just the only piece I've found for that recording...

Question. For TPM, how do you know that the cue "High Council (alternate)" is in fact an alternate cue for that scene? How do you know it doesn't go somewhere else? Just curious.

Thanks,

~Andy

You know, it occurs to me that I am missing something...if youlisten to the track from the Phantom Menace Game called "sqfightmaul1end," it has the horn eaither purposely adding a gracenote or splitting the pitch I think the term is...

That's only an alternate take. It sounds more like a mistake on the part of the horn player(s) to me.

That's what I thought C... I mean, if you listen to what we do have released. The horn player hesitates and places the pitch so I figured it was a mistake...

Lordskylark, I just went by what the first page of posts says... so I really wouldn't know. It you look though, High Council I is nearly purely synth and is about the same length as that alternate with is also only synth. From what I remember of prior conversations, no one really knows where it goes.

There are a couple versions, but the one I used is the clean one.

The one on the album is right before Nute and Rune call sidious, you also have another version of that as well where you hear it in the left ear, and moments latter it echoes around to the right.

Then there is the clean version that I used. I just went by what is said on the first post...

This might sound like a stupid idea, but has anyone considered that the version of the Imperial March during the ending of AOTC might have originally been meant to be in a different place in the score? Like maybe the scene when the clonetroopers are first revealed on Kamino? And then the Trade Federation theme from the second half of Bounty Hunter's Pursuit might have been exactly as it appears on the soundtrack. (This would, of course, necessitate the cue starting slightlty earlier in the film.) I realize that the Imperial March might not fit the clonetrooper scene, perfectly, but the scene might have been edited differently when John Williams wrote the score. Or the special effects might not have been completed, so John might have had to guess how long the scene was going to last. I don't know. I just don't think having the Trade Federation theme at the point that it appears in the film fits with the rest of the music in the scene. But it's just a theory.

I was curious... how do you all edit these... I don't mean like "cut and paste" I mean... do you guys listen through your computer speakers, or do you use headphones?...

and if you use headphones... does balancing it for the headphones effect when you play it through speakers?... like... does it really change things.

Like, say you're editing something from an album... and on the album it sounds pretty flat. You have a surround sound option on your program, so you use that, and it makes it sound 100 x's better... Do you think it will change the overall effect if you play it through your speaker system?

I use Cool Edit Pro 2 (five finger discount from limewire) for the editing software. For when I do the editing I always wear my Sony headphones (the ones that wrap around the back of your head) that way I can hear every detail that goes on while I'm editing. It does make a huge difference wearing headphones versus listening straight from the computer speakers themselves. At least it is for me.

Don't get me wrong my Labtec speakers are awesome and have good sound but when I play stuff through them with out my headphones plugged in the music sounds like it's in the distance. With the headphones the music is right there up front and I can hear it a lot better.

Ok... that helps.

When I re-edited my complete Episode I score, I did it with my headphones on... and I was able to make everything sound...really great--not to brag at all but I have to say it's one of my best edits ever---and when I tried playing it on my 5.1 speakers for my computer--a jerry rigged version I will admit... it sounded off in the distance and it bothered me. I feared that maybe I'd messed up something in the balancing. I then rebalanced the speakers and such....

I was just worried after all this work that I'd ruined it lol... I too use Sony headphones--their cheaper kinds than the ones you use, but the effect is jsut the same and the use... looking for all the nuances of the piece to be clean and clear.

Anyways...that's all lol

Yes, having headphones on during editing with music really helps more. As I stated it makes it so you can hear every thing a lot more close up and clearer.

I've done an kick ass expectional job with my Phantom Menace Special Edition as well. When I was even playing the clips I had edited through just my speakers I couldn't hear everything correctly and I always had to put on my headphones.

I live in an apartment so it's kind of hard to turn your speakers up really loud to hear everything properly. Even if we weren't living in an apartment my mom would have yelled at me to turn down my speakers.

You should spend the $20 and get the Sony headphones that wrap around the back of your head. You can get them at Wally World and they're literally the best pair of head phones I've owned.

the ones I got were from "wally world" for $20 lol... guess I missed the ones you got :)

I had the same problem too. I wanted to listen to the my newly finished edit through my 5.1 and hear what it soundedlike, thinking it would sound so great... and it sounded distant. I had to turn the speakers really high up and kinda play with the sets of volumes(front, center, back, bass) and I got it to work, but yea... had to turn them up and my brother complained. heh

It's funny... I use to just use my speakers to check... and then I'd burn it and play it in my car to check the sound. Long drawn out and probably quite wastefull proces. But I still put the tracks on my mp3 player (saved as lossless) and check in my car, and it sounds fine in my car...and in my headphones. I was just worried that I'd ruined it... guess not hehe.

Hey all --- this is a HUGE thread! :D Lots of hard work has been going on in here! I'm quite interested in hearing some of the fruits of your labor, but do know that posting direct links on here is illegal. Could any of you PM me and let me know how I can hear this unreleased music in its compiled form? I can't wait to hear it.

-Sax :)

yea...we actually have a site with all this stuff uploaded. Music from Battle Front II, Star Wars Galaxies, Trials of Obi Wan, Bounty Hunter to name a few of the games... we use that to put tracks back together

Apparently these guys on this forum seem to be able to extract the music out of battlefront 2... If someone who has the game wants to took into it, that would be cool.

http://forums.maxconsole.net/archive/index...hp/t-11826.html

Thanks,

~Andy

The problem is that that's the PSP version of Battlefront II. At less than a gigabyte in size, it must have truncated/compressed music compared to the PC/console versions. Furthermore, I've looked into this and haven't figured out how to extract the music. It may be that these PSP downloaders only know how to remove the music as one file (e.g. BF2's mus.lvl).

I was just watching Adult Swim, and during a commercial, tthey had a little commercial about the games in Italy...and the music that played was TOTALLY a Rap version of Episode I's Flag Parade... anyone else heard this or know where it's from...it's cool! lol

So...have they released any more SW Galaxy patches with any new music lately? It seems once in awhile they would add in a track or two in an update.

Thanks,

~Andy

I was curious.. does anyone have a complete edit of "Escape from Naboo (Alt. Percussion Mix.)

My edit is missing about 30 seconds worth of material--which isn't bad for a 2 minute track. I just fill it in with the normal verison... but does anyone know of where that last bit is?

So far I have everything from 0:00-0:39... then from 0:39-1:07 I had to use the normal version, then from 1:07- 2:11 it's back to the percussion version...

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Also, whoever ripepd the Bounty Hunter music, could you do it again for Music034... it has a lot of what I need for this edit and if there is more... it would be great to have.

Like, the edit is:

GB Music02 0:00-0:20

BH Music034 50-1:09

*UE Track 15 0:38-1:04

GB Music02 0:20-1:23 (fade out)

Also, whoever ripepd the Bounty Hunter music, could you do it again for Music034... it has a lot of what I need for this edit and if there is more... it would be great to have.

No, the file is complete. I don't understand what you are asking for, or how your edit works.

Ok...

Well, I went by your edits in post 1, page 1. I was then pointed to the problem that they mix both versions of "Escape from Naboo" in episode I.

So I went back and fixed it and seperated.

You have the film version of "Escape from Naboo" right on the UE, disk 1 track 15.

The problem is that there are two versions (mixes) of this. One has extra percussion in the mix.

I am trying to create the one that has the extra percussion.

You start off with:

Galactic Battlegrounds, file name "Music02"

you use the first 20 seconds of that.

Then you cut to--

Bounty Hunter, file "Music043"

The problem is this file starts out near the end of the track, and then loops back to the beginning.

You have to wait until about 0:51 and you use all the way to the end of that file.

This next section is the part that is missing and I wish that the "Music043" was longer because if it went on another 30 seconds, then we'd have all of the music.

This is where you replace what is missing, with what he have (the other, non percussive mix track).

Ultimate Edition, Disk 1, track 15.

You take from 0:38-1:04.

Then you got back to what is left of Galactic Battlegrounds "Music02"

and use from 0:20 to 1:23 (fade out).

You kinda following now?

I wasn't sure weither or not you'd stopped ripping at that point because you thought we had the rest or if it was because that was the end of the file. That's why I thought I'd ask.

Is there any other file I'm not taking into account that has more of the unreleased alternate percussive mix to "Escape from Naboo" in Episode I?

(sorry about the multiple posts. The site was being weird and I clicked the send button but it seemed like it wasn't working so it did it several times. Sorry)

Music043.mp3? That makes a little more sense... you referenced Music034.mp3 before, so I didn't really know what was going on. The original rip of Bounty Hunter was done by lordskylark. I'm not really sure how he arranged the files and whatnot, but regardless, Music043.mp3 is complete.

I'm not really interested in the alternative percussion mix of "Escape from Naboo." I just referenced a piece of it because the film version is shorter; thus, I assumed that a couple measures were cut, and the alternative version had to interject to supply the missing music.

ok, so, LordSkylark and I have been pouring over all the video game rips he's made--including some material that didn't make it onto the FTP.

So far I found a better quality segment of "Escae from Naboo." The track is still missing some, but it's almost all of it now and practically CD quality.

I also came across an alternate recording of Anakin's Theme. It's every so slightly slower... I think its a first run because the notes are correct, but the strings weren't quite in touch with JW at one point and kinda caught up. It also feels a little different. There's a big clank in the middle of it which gave it away as well. It's slightly shorter.

With the finding of this I've decided to make a third disk of material for my Episode I eidt...

I do have one question though: I remember watching a video showing John Williams in the recording studio and the LSO running "Star Wars" but they mess up...reaaaaally badly. Like, the strings get lost, and the percussion is off... it was bad lol... And at the end they all just laugh and John Williams is like "It's been 20 years and you've just killed it." lol I've been trying to find this video but I don't seem to be able to. I thought it was on the Episode I dvd, it's not. I tried Episode II with no luck. I'm thinking maybe it was a documentary? Does anyone else remembr this?

well, I remixed everything. I went back and did my best to make everything sound as brilliant and true-to-form as possible. As far as complete scores go, this is my jewel. It has only about... 15-20 seconds of DVD rip.... and that's for the beginning of the Film Version of "Augies Great Municipal Band."

The only other moment is less than a second so that the opening to "Anakin Meets Padme" is clean.

As far as the alternates not sounding good. It just takes a little effort, but almost all of mine sound as good as the album. You have to find the games that have the files in better quality and not start off with low quality rips. Thanks to Lord Skylard, I was able to do that.

I'm listening right now to my alternates. And I have to say they sound fine. The only one maybe is "Queen Amidala Alternate." The only difference between this and the original is that some of the instruments are tracked out in the final mix. This has them. It was a low low low quality file to begin with, but I'm still searching. Iwas able to bring it up to near Album quality. The rest are quite nice actually.

And Lotman, I'm not sure I understand what you're saying... what distracted you? The complete file?

If you're talking about sound quality, I have done my best to use only the best sounding rips of the files. I had a complete version to "Escape from Naboo (Alt. Percussion Mix)" but when I found one that was better quality, I substatuted it and it sounds flawless now. Exactly as it should.

but again, I'm not sure I understand what was distracting you...

A Deleted Scene on the Attack of the Clones DVD called ‘Extended Arrival on Naboo’ contains music not used in the theatrical film. The opening of the scene features music that I suspect should go between the ‘Meeting Lama Su’ scene and the ‘Stolen Kiss’ (Chapters 18 and 19 on the DVD). In the movie when Anakin and Padmé arrive at the Island Retreat, music is tracked from the ‘Arrival at Kamino’ cue. And the unreleased section is followed by music from the scene where Anakin and Padme first kiss

I managed to rip the rear channels which are completely dialogue free and have little to no sound effects and I think the music used is actually longer than the music used in the film. But it could be that the cue is simply looped to fit the deleted scene. I am not sure yet. Has anyone discovered this also and could he or she tell me if this music is looped or not?

Anyway, it is quite a lovely piece of music and it features some subtle quotes of the ‘Arrival at Kamino’ rising-and-falling motif. It even sounds a little like Williams is quoting Hedwig’s theme from Harry Potter.