Star Wars Prequel Music Resource

Henry B

The part where Cody Debreifs Obi-Wan is over the trailer/preview to that star wars game... Battle Front II... I was gonna try and rip it. If I could ge tmy hands on the trailer seperate from the website, I could totally do it... because it's just clena music... no sound effects...

but I can't find the trailer to download. If anyone has it, send it to me, I can rip the sound from it and we'd have that entire section clean.

EDIT: It may not be Battle Front... I don't know... I THOUGHT it was... it had trailers that were clear... just video with music over them. It showed Geonosis...

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edit: I'm hoping/expecting for Trials Of Obi-Wan since it'll be on Mustafar that the music will include the full ending for "It Can't Be"and hopefully the rest of the force theme for "Good-bye Old Friend".

That would REALLY make this a truely great expanded release.A lot of great cues have been released now,but hearing some sound effects when those 2 little bits come up in my expanded release sort of drags the whole thing down a notch.

I have great hope more dark Palpatine music will be released(Beware of Your Friend,Palpatine's Big Pitch),some more action music(I Am the Senate),and the complete Goodbye old Friend.I'm sure those missing chords in It Can't Be will surface too.

I have not so much hope for the Yoda Farewell and Padme's Funeral or anything with Across the Stars in it,since they are too movie specific for a videogame.

BTW I put that clip of the Emperor's Theme as an intro to Anakin Crawling.The film version is sort of like that.

We now have 12 minutes of clean unreleased music so far from Videogames,and more RotS music than what would fit on a 1 c.d. OST.

K.M.

It's very possible that those pieces will surface in Trials Of Obi-Wan since as I said it's mostly on Mustafar for the game (I believe). Got to remember too, we will have the full Battlefront 2 game at that time and there might be more unreleased music with that.

Cerrabore mentioned something to me on AIM, that there's some "Revisiting Padmé" music during the demo for BF2 and something else...can't remember what it is. However when I see him on AIM again I'll see if he managed to record that music.

I agree with you KM that it does sorta drag the music down when sfx come up in those two bits. Only 22 more days left!

I can't tell... but there is a ton of music on the menu to Battle Front II website... has all that been released...?

I checked that out, and it seemed to be.

Cerrabore mentioned something to me on AIM, that there's some "Revisiting Padmé" music during the demo for BF2 and something else...can't remember what it is. However when I see him on AIM again I'll see if he managed to record that music.

There is some music from "Revisiting Padme" which is never-before-heard. That's because the cue apparently starts with the conference between Mace and Palpatine (specifically on the frame of the senators approaching the Jedi). However, I was not able to get a complete recording of this (but am working on it). ambient4.mp3 is the first forty-two seconds that I managed to record. Between this and the point in which the cue comes on in the film (appearance of Padme) there are about ten missing seconds.

EDIT: No. This music is from "Going to Utapau." My bad.

And yes, there's a Republic theme. Compare this new cue to "Another Happy Landing" and "Going to Utapau." ;)

ambient4.mp3 and ambient5.mp3 ("The Elevator Scene" with some alternate percussion) have been uploaded. Both are incomplete; I am trying to get full recordings (ones that go all the way through the loop and repeat).

To codify the link distribution policy: if I do not reply to you after a few days, then PM me again ten days after your original message and I will send it to you then.

Vaderbait1: action8.mp3 0:19-0:33 is part of "Up the Wire!" from TPM. It would have underscored the scene where Amidala and the rest break through the window and use their ascension guns to get to the next level.

Cerrabore,

Thanks for all of your hard work here on this thread. Amazing! :)

Veri!

Attention: If the link I sent you is not working... the directories have been reorganized. Use this address:

~ff11monpics/star%20wars/Battlefront%20II/

And add the .com part of the URL.

I can't tell... but there is a ton of music on the menu to Battle Front II website... has all that been released...?

I checked that out, and it seemed to be.

There is some music from "Revisiting Padme" which is never-before-heard. That's because the cue apparently starts with the conference between Mace and Palpatine (specifically on the frame of the senators approaching the Jedi). However, I was not able to get a complete recording of this (but am working on it). ambient4.mp3 is the first forty-two seconds that I managed to record. Between this and the point in which the cue comes on in the film (appearance of Padme) there are about ten missing seconds.

And yes, there's a Republic theme. Compare this new cue to "Another Happy Landing" and "Going to Utapau." ;)

ambient4.mp3 and ambient5.mp3 ("The Elevator Scene" with some alternate percussion) have been uploaded. Both are incomplete; I am trying to get full recordings (ones that go all the way through the loop and repeat).

To codify the link distribution policy: if I do not reply to you after a few days, then PM me again ten days after your original message and I will send it to you then.

Great work on the thread and all the research and uploading and help you've given everyone else. This is directed at anyone who's been a part of this thread.

I've got a request, and I understand if this gets overlooked in the rush to get the ROTS music. On the first page, where you list the files that contain music, you say that part of Confrontation With Dooku is included in this file:

StarWars.com Hyperspace Celebration III video: “Introducing Nick Gillard”

Any chance of this getting uploaded? It wasn't before, at least that I ever saw.

FYI, I've pre-ordered Trials Of Obi-Wan. It said it will be electronically delivered to me in e-mail on the 25th, two weeks from tomorrow (Tuesday). So once I get it, I will install it and check the music files for any more unreleased Sith music. IF there is more unreleased Sith music for TOW, I'll be sending the files to both Skylark and Cerrabore and I'm sure they'll upload the music on the server.

HEY ALL! Breakthrough...

I was right. They DO have a trailer for Battlefront II that has most of Cody and Obi-Wan speaking, it goes all the way to right in the middle of where the Obi-Wan leavs for Utapau.

Gamespot.com has it. Search for "Battlefront II" and click on any of the "Official Movies," it'll bring up another window with the movie viewer in it. You can then click on the "related video" called "Star Wars: Battlefront II Ofiicial Movie 3." That has the music in it.

Any ideas how to get it? Are these previews available for clean download?

The other "Official Movies" have music on them too but I think most has been released. I'm not sure. 10 and another sound like possibly unreleased.

Any ideas how to get it? Are these previews available for clean download?

I remember recording this through my soundcard while it played live(record by U Hear It on Soundblasters.

K.M.

sorry... mine must not have downloaded correctly... it isn't that track at all... I'm gonna try redownloading it...

EDIT: I dunno abotu you guys... but that is NOT Ambient 6 for me. I just played it again. It's the same thing I downloaded the first time.

If that music IS from that scene... it's not the music I'm talking about.

Should the track only be 6 seconds long?

I'm talking about the part where he says to Cody that he'll leave some for them and then gets in his ship and leaves, connects to one of those hyperspace things, is directed to where he's going, and dissapears.

It has part of the Horn statement to of the "Binary Sunset" or Jedit theme...only part of it. I finally did get it ripped but it's not the best quality.

Are you sure we're talking about ths same stuff or am I just going crazy lol

Ambient 6 is 6 seconds long.I don't know where from.We need the longer Ambient 4,the music from Utapau.Not that it's the greatest part of the score though.

k.M.

sorry... mine must not have downloaded correctly... it isn't that track at all... I'm gonna try redownloading it...

EDIT: I dunno abotu you guys... but that is NOT Ambient 6 for me. I just played it again. It's the same thing I downloaded the first time.

If that music IS from that scene... it's not the music I'm talking about.

Should the track only be 6 seconds long?

I'm talking about the part where he says to Cody that he'll leave some for them and then gets in his ship and leaves, connects to one of those hyperspace things, is directed to where he's going, and dissapears.  

It has part of the Horn statement to of the "Binary Sunset" or Jedit theme...only part of it. I finally did get it ripped but it's not the best quality.

Are you sure we're talking about ths same stuff or am I just going crazy lol

Your mixing stuff up I think.There was most of the Film Version of Goodbye Old Friend(when Cody briefs ObiWan then leaves for Utapau) on the Battlefront trailer.This is not at the FTP.

K.M.

I never said it was. You did

EDIT: My bad, I read what you said "What's Ambient 6?" as you being kinda like "It's Ambeint 6 idiot!" LOL...Sorry about that

I AM, though, talking about that Film Version of Goodbye Old Friend... You said that we delt with this months ago but I didn't realize as no one mentioned it. Where can I get this then?

Yea. I redid my first track "Star Wars and Boys go to Battle." with that included clip included. Right now I'm only missing like 10 seconds near the end when they are about to go in the hanger.

ps: I still havn't heard about the music rip from the battlefront II trailer. The music from where Obi-wan is talking to Cody and then leaves for Utapau. Does anyone have that?

I ripped it myself but you said someone else did. I'm guessing theirs sounds better than mine.

isnt ambient 3 when obi wan's flagship departs from coruscant, just before his debriefing with the clone commanders?

And the 1st 3 seconds of that i think, are from palpatine instructs anakin.

Ambient 6 is a clip of a chunk of unreleased music from The Rescue of the Queen (it's part of the originally scored build-up to the Jedi jumping down from the walkway in the streets). It was originally in sqtheedstalk on the TPM game.

i meant ambient 3, oops.

By the way, it is from the mace scene including the imperial march (3 first secs).

It must be tracked into goodbye old friend.

PD: i meant ambient 3 and i said ambient 3.

You are the one who must apologize :|

Just like to point out that the cue listing on page one of this thread is wrong. Cerrabore, you have The Boys Continue as part of the duel, but the music you selected is from the opening Coruscant battle.

I've got the Geonosis Trailer Music from "Obi-Wan going to Utapau" and "Anakin's Dark Deeds" from the Mygeeto trailer as Mp3's

if someone is intrested in these files, contact me. maybe you guys need this.

i'll hope someone will make a complete score if its more music released.

greetz

frank

What programs does everyone use to edit music with? I happen to use Goldwave, simply because it's free and I'm just an amateur. It was a pretty good all around program, but to tell you the truth, I'm not so good with the intricacies. How do you fix the volume on some of the files? I tried such obvious things as "Volume-Match" and other volume things, but I'm not sure what to set it to. Is there a standard number I can set all of them to, or do I have to go through each file individually and try and match the volume levels by listening to them?

Just like to point out that the cue listing on page one of this thread is wrong.  Cerrabore, you have The Boys Continue as part of the duel, but the music you selected is from the opening Coruscant battle.

No it's not. Action 4 from 0:45-1:33 from where that starts where I listed the time is when Yoda is crawling through the service conduit after fighting Sidious, then goes to showing the Clones reporting to Sidious that they haven't found Yoda's body to the point where Anakin and Obi-Wan are still fighting and that beam they're fighting on plunges into the river of lava below. Hence why it's called "The Boys Continue".

If you have the bootleg version of the film, watch that portion I just mentiond and listen to the points from Action 4 and you'll hear it. We know this music like the back of our hands we know what goes were. 8O

Ambeint 3 by the way is the music during "Dialogue With Mace", you just need to edit it properly in order. Ambeint 1 is Palpatine's Theme and Ambient 2 is the music we heard during Anakin's and Obi-Wan's confering in the corridor after Anakin gets appointed to the council meeting.

Edit: Actually I think the music from "Good-bye Old Friend" was tracked from "Dialogue With Mace"......the "Dialogue With Mace" music is the original piece.

Edit: Actually I think the music from "Good-bye Old Friend" was tracked from "Dialogue With Mace"......the "Dialogue With Mace" music is the original piece.

That's what i upposed, since the cue is shorter, and the vader theme does not appear in it.

Even how it is in the film there was not a statement of Vader's theme for that scene...well it is very very brief like what you hear in that cue from BF2, it's just the first 2 seconds of the theme. Trust me I compared the two last night.

If you have the bootleg version of the film, watch that portion I just mentiond and listen to the points from Action 4 and you'll hear it. We know this music like the back of our hands we know what goes were.

As do I, at least as it's heard in the film. Something must've screwed up, ebcause when I listened to the first file, it was definitely the buzz droid music, and the second file in the edit was from The Boys Continue. Maybe there was a screwup, maybe I read the first file wrong on the cue list.

Oh, and just to see if anyone saw it, any chance of that Introducing Nick Gillard clip appearing on the server? I figured while I waited for all the old files to edit the ROTS stuff, we could at least toy with the Confrontation With Dooku piece.

Why is the sound quality on these files so much better than the Rage of the Wookies one?

I hope Another Happy Landing is re-released withthis better sound.

K.M.

Vaderbait, it's NOT the buzz droid music...trust me. The two cues sound completely different..."The Boys Continue" music has been edited..it doesn't have the different version of Battle Of The Heroes towards the end of the cue. Again trust me on this, I know the music for this film like the back of my hand.

Vaderbait, it's NOT the buzz droid music...trust me. The two cues sound completely different..."The Boys Continue" music has been edited..it doesn't have the different version of Battle Of The Heroes towards the end of the cue. Again trust me on this, I know the music for this film like the back of my hand.

I know it's not the buzz droid music. In my previous post I said that I probably read the post wrong, which, going back, I did. For some reason I read it as action2, I think, instead of action4. No harm done.

I feel so stupid making requests, because everyone else is doing all this great work, and there's enough on their plate, but I already tried to do this and failed because of various reasons.

Can anyone get the drum beats from the beginning of the movie ripped? The easiest way I can think of doing it (but not necessarily the fastest, to my recollection), is simply separate the audio from the video using something like TMPGEnc. Or, if anyone still has the rip from a looong time ago, that'd be even better. There's about two sets of three rhytmic beats without ANY sound effects or other music in it, and now we have a fairly clean (at least, cleaner) beginning for the space battle in the middle of one of the files (I forget which one), so it'd be really easy to re-create the beginning of the film. Unfortunately, I don't have the movie on the computer. A PM telling me what's up, or maybe throwing it on the server, depends on who has it, I think it's something we'd all like if it would sound good (which I think it would), and it's fairly simple to do, anyone with the film could do it, like I said, instead of always nagging Cerrabore or the others who usually do it.

8O

And lets hope its not just the fanfare, but the whole buzz droids and landing sequence...

Indiana_fett said it was the entire cue. So no doubt it is and it will probably be with the full version of the game for PC too. I've also pe-ordered BF2 and will be sending it directly to Cerrabore and he'll go through the game when he gets it to see what all music there will be in it.

I think with the full version you can do single player games ...if that is the case it'll be easier on Cerrabore so he can just hide some where in the game and start recording music...hehe...

Why is the sound quality on these files so much better than the Rage of the Wookies one?

I hope Another Happy Landing is re-released withthis  better sound.

K.M.

The sound quality for Rage Of Wookie files seems fine to me...

I think with the full version you can do single player games ...if that is the case it'll be easier on Cerrabore so he can just hide some where in the game and start recording music...hehe...

Yep

The game is released in 1st Nov right?

i cant wait ot burn the CD with all the new music!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8O

We have about 80 min of the score already. 40-50 mins to go! : :roll:

how is it any different than what we've been doing? lol

All I do is turn off the dialogue and sound effects and leave the music on, I take the audio chords and connect them directly into my computer and use a program to capture the sound.

I really don't see how taking music off an X-Box game is any different (morally or legally) than taking music off of computer games. Since we're never going to get a complete release, let's keep the train a-rollin'. It's not like we're selling it. I think most people would see that we're not trying to damage John Williams in any way, or else we wouldn't be visiting a John WIlliams fansite for all of this stuff.