Indy Ford

ocelot

Is Harrison Ford too old for Indy 4?  

42 members have voted

1. 1.

• yes
    • no

Do you guys think Harrison Ford is too old for Indy 4? Will he be able to pull off another one? Can he still act without looking glazed and confused all the time? Does he still posess a spark? Can he still use a whip? Should it be about his son, played by Colin Farrell, taking over? (OK that last part was wishful thinking on my part, but if there is a person to take over, I can't think of a better person)

Anyway, I would love to hear what anyone thinks about this. I personally would love another Indy, however I don't know if he is too old for it or not now. Hopefully he can pull it off.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a little something called "suspention of disbelief" which will make Ford in Indy 4 seem very plausible.

I have no question what so ever that they will pull it of FOR ME.

Just as i totally believed Indy could outspeed a rolling boulder, a pit full of snakes, bring a mine car to a complete halt with his shoes...etc...etc...

Stefancos- who WILL believe.

Brendan Frasier? I don't think he has the look or the wit. He has wit, but it's more silly rather than sexy. (No, not in that way, but whoever takes place has to have IT, and Brendan to9 me doesn't have IT)

Not just no, but HELL no.

I defy ANY of you to look THAT good when you're 60. The man is in incredible shape, and I have no doubt that he will kick a mighty amount of ass in Indy IV, maybe not as hard or fast as the previous movies, but it'll still work.

I thought the screenplay was taking Ford's age into account, i.e. they were going to make Indy in his 50s or 60s.

So if that is the case, then NO!

I'm with Ricard on this. Suspension of disbelief is the key to enjoying a movie like the Indiana Jones films.

I'm with Ricard on this. Suspension of disbelief is the key to enjoying a movie like the Indiana Jones films.

DAMMIT!!!...I AM NOT RICARD!!!

Stefancos- who feels ignored. :cry:

:devil:

Nowadays, 60 years old is not too old. The problem is, in my opinion, that Harrison Ford doesn't look very good at his age. But I'm (almost) sure they'll fix that little problem...

NO!!!!! He's NEVER too old to play Indy. So he's aged since the last one, but what does that matter? This time, the stunt man may actually get to do something!

~Harry

DAMMIT!!!...I AM NOT RICARD!!!

Stefancos- who feels ignored. :cry:

Sorry buddy. Please don't boil my bunny rabbit. :oops:

The last thing Ricard needs is an ego boost.

Yes, he does look good sometimes, but then I see him in interviews and the partying is definitely catching up to him and he is almost slurring and glazed... I don't know, remember it's going to be another couple of years before it's done.

Even if Harrson ford looked liek horse-shit (which he doesn't), no one else in this world could play the part. Without harrison ford there's no indy.

I'd like to see an indy movie even if Ford was 80 and was taking the role of the father as Connery did in indy 3 :devil:

Like David Bowman says to Hal at the end of 2010,my view is "this is the most important message i have ever sent.....i am going to keep repeating it as many times as possible". NO INDY4..LEAVE THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY ALONE..OTHERWISE I CAN GUARANTEE THAT AFTERWARDS 99% OF THE POSTS HERE WILL BE COMPLAINING ABOUT HOW THEY TRASHED A GREAT TRILOGY LIKE THEY DID WITH STAR WARS!..NO INDY4..LEAVE THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY ALONE..OTHERWISE I CAN GUARANTEE THAT AFTERWARDS 99% OF THE POSTS HERE WILL BE COMPLAINING ABOUT HOW THEY TRASHED A GREAT TRILOGY LIKE THEY DID WITH STAR WARS!.. NO INDY4..LEAVE THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY ALONE..OTHERWISE I CAN GUARANTEE THAT AFTERWARDS 99% OF THE POSTS HERE WILL BE COMPLAINING ABOUT HOW THEY TRASHED A GREAT TRILOGY LIKE THEY DID WITH STAR WARS!..NO INDY4..LEAVE THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY ALONE..OTHERWISE I CAN GUARANTEE THAT AFTERWARDS 99% OF THE POSTS HERE WILL BE COMPLAINING ABOUT HOW THEY TRASHED A GREAT TRILOGY LIKE THEY DID WITH STAR WARS!..NO INDY4..LEAVE THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY ALONE..OTHERWISE I CAN GUARANTEE THAT AFTERWARDS 99% OF THE POSTS HERE WILL BE COMPLAINING ABOUT HOW THEY TRASHED A GREAT TRILOGY LIKE THEY DID WITH STAR WARS!..NO INDY4..LEAVE THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY ALONE..OTHERWISE I CAN GUARANTEE THAT AFTERWARDS 99% OF THE POSTS HERE WILL BE COMPLAINING ABOUT HOW THEY TRASHED A GREAT TRILOGY LIKE THEY DID WITH STAR WARS!..NO INDY4..LEAVE THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY ALONE..OTHERWISE I CAN GUARANTEE THAT AFTERWARDS 99% OF THE POSTS HERE WILL BE COMPLAINING ABOUT HOW THEY TRASHED A GREAT TRILOGY LIKE THEY DID WITH STAR WARS!..NO INDY4..LEAVE THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY ALONE..OTHERWISE I CAN GUARANTEE THAT AFTERWARDS 99% OF THE POSTS HERE WILL BE COMPLAINING ABOUT HOW THEY TRASHED A GREAT TRILOGY LIKE THEY DID WITH STAR WARS!..NO INDY4..LEAVE THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY ALONE..OTHERWISE I CAN GUARANTEE THAT AFTERWARDS 99% OF THE POSTS HERE WILL BE COMPLAINING ABOUT HOW THEY TRASHED A GREAT TRILOGY LIKE THEY DID WITH STAR WARS!..NO INDY4..LEAVE THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY ALONE..OTHERWISE I CAN GUARANTEE THAT AFTERWARDS 99% OF THE POSTS HERE WILL BE COMPLAINING ABOUT HOW THEY TRASHED A GREAT TRILOGY LIKE THEY DID WITH STAR WARS!..NO INDY4..LEAVE THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY ALONE..OTHERWISE I CAN GUARANTEE THAT AFTERWARDS 99% OF THE POSTS HERE WILL BE COMPLAINING ABOUT HOW THEY TRASHED A GREAT TRILOGY LIKE THEY DID WITH STAR WARS!..NO INDY4..LEAVE THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY ALONE..OTHERWISE I CAN GUARANTEE THAT AFTERWARDS 99% OF THE POSTS HERE WILL BE COMPLAINING ABOUT HOW THEY TRASHED A GREAT TRILOGY LIKE THEY DID WITH STAR WARS!.. :)

What's wrong with a new indy movie, Melange?

If it sucks, the trilogy will still be great. If it as good, will have a great trilogy plus a great movie. What is there to lose? You have the chance of having another Williams classic score and another classic movie. Things may not turn out that way, but is there to lose? No matter how bad (or good) this new movie will be, the first 3 movies will always be as great as they always were.

C'mon, guys. How can you doubt Spielberg, Darabont, and Ford?

(I would include Lucas in there, but you all have shown that you can doubt him very easily, so what's the point.)

Indy IV will be set in the 50s to accomodate Ford's age. He won't be playing a 60 year old, so don't worry about it.

Just have faith.

Director - offering peace

Absoiutely not! Look folks Indiana Jones has never been Superman. Hes a HUMAN and MORTAL character. So what if he looks older in the next movie? Like anyone will give a crap?

I would go for it if he is playing his age. But if they dumb it down and make him try to act younger and stuff....

Ford recently gave an interview where he stated he would NOT have a son.

That is good news indeed.

Here is a list of things 10 things, I think are needed to make a great Indiana Jones 3rd sequel. A JW score is a given.

1. The Paramount Mountain/mountain dissolve. Sets the tone.

2. Breathtaking opening sequence.

3. Indy, Henry, Willie(cameo), Marion(cameo), new woman, Salah, and a great central villian, secondary villians(neo-nazi's perhaps). Don't overload the number of characters.

4. Creep out sequence. Spiders, bugs, insects, snakes, rats, bats? not to be confused with the next category.

5. Gross out sequence. Spielberg has a wierd facination with gore and he loves to showcase a gory sequence in these films.

6. Stunts and action. Spielberg is the master of this. He makes Woo look like the amatuer he is, only Cameron can be compared.

7. Some humor, but not over the top humor like LC. Pull it back.

8. One film defining action set piece, Raider's desert chase, TOD, the mine car sequence, LC, stee beast.

9. Out of the world mystical revelation

10. Slam bang ending that pleases the crowd.

Well, Kate Capshaw is going to be in it. So we have one there and John will be scoring it.

As long as Harrison Ford loses the stupid earring and acts his f*cking age, I don't have any objection to another film. Then again, if it's bad, Lucas may be tempted to retool the earlier installments to fit his new "vision." :devil:

As long as Harrison Ford loses the stupid earring and acts his f*cking age

What's that comment supposed to mean? You have a problem with 60-year-old men wearing earrings? If that's the case, I don't see the relation between that and Indiana Jones. Do you?

As long as Harrison Ford loses the stupid earring and acts his f*cking age

What's that comment supposed to mean? You have a problem with 60-year-old men wearing earrings? If that's the case, I don't see the relation between that and Indiana Jones. Do you?

Sheesh, I thought the comment was self-evident. Sorry if I oh-ffend.

Figo, not realizing Ricard was actually a 60 year-old man with an earring.

I must be ridiculous and immature too, cause I totally agree with Figo,

Hey Harrison, lose the earring and act your age.

While your at it lose that young chick you go out with who always :shakehead: after she eats.

I doubt there is anything the matter with Miss Flockhart.

Some people are just born skinny.

She isn't much thinner then I am, and I do not throw up after eating. (actually i can eat what ever i want without gaining ANY weight...what...so...ever.)

Just because SOME OF US here are dangerously close to the FAT BASTARD side of things....

Stefancos- who has no concept of what it must be like not to be able to see your own censored

I must be ridiculous and immature too, cause I totally agree with Figo

I already knew that.

Hey Harrison, lose the earring and act your age

LOL I'm surprised to see how close-minded some people can be.

I already knew that.

(Well, actually I'm not surprised :? )

I'm surprised to see how close-minded some people can be.

He probably likes Goldsmith's pony tail, too. :roll:

Figo, who prefers his own pony tail. :shakehead:

Stefancos- who still covets it.

What's the matter, don't they allow you Dutchies to grow your hair? Or will your mother throw you out of the basement?

I already knew that.

(Well, actually I'm not surprised :? )

Ouch, :shakehead:

8O 8O 8O :jump::jump::jump:

Joe, who finds it ironic that 2 of the oldest people on this mb are the most immature and ridiculous ;) 'Course I don't have an earing like Mr. Ford.

Whose more ridiculous, the 60year old man with an earing or the 40 year old man who makes fun of him?

I have been rather unfair. Hell, who's to say that when I turn 60 I won't completely lose my mind, have my genitals pierced, and hammer out all my posts while seated on a throne of writhing, anorexic concubines?