Report: Spielberg's Next Filming and Release Date Set

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The release date has actually been set for a couple of months. Another two-Spielberg-movie-year, quite a treat. Interesting how 1993 was Jurassic Park then Schindler's List, 1997 was Lost World and Amistad and now 2005 is WOTW and Vengeance. Each time mixing a big actioner and a challenging historical drama, just showing he's capable of absolutely anything.

With one of my other favorite composers, John Barry in either self-imposed or forced retirement, it's such a thrill to have Williams still producing masterpieces.

Collecting Barry rarities from the past is certainly fun, but having brand new Williams CDs come out in stores, knowing he just created this music mere weeks before, is so much more thrilling.

I didn't mean each time he's had a two movie year, he also did Indy 3 and Always in the same year, I just meant each of those 3 instances.

I've never been as intrigued by a film project as by this one. I'm dying to see what Spielberg has to say on such a potentialy explosive subject.

I've never been as intrigued by a film project as by this one. I'm dying to see what Spielberg has to say on such a potentialy explosive subject.

Nothing special or thought provoking, I suppose. There is already a good documentary on the subject out there . So I don't know why it has to be fictonalized.

Which documentry is that? If you are talking about One Day in September, I must disagree. That documentry is an excellent dramatic piece, and tells us what happened, but it doesn't begin to touch the questions surrounding the meaning of Munich and it's aftermath. And I'm fascinated to see which side of what argument/s Spielberg presents/takes on the matter. Just the fact that it's not at all clear cut makes this one hell of an exciting project to me. It'll be interesting for once to not know what to expect when going to a theater (one of the many reasons Spielberg is my favorite director).

AICN pointed my attention to this Times article, which sheds a little light on the project, as well as presenting all kinds of different theories and angles related to the story.