• The complete cd
    • The complete cd and always chronological if possible
    • Selected tracks from different scores, also other composer's scores

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With my ears, ROTFLMAO

usually the entire soundtrack, I have a few cdr's I've made and then the store bought compilations

Ehm... whatever. There's no real structure to my listening. I just pull up Windows Media Player and start opening tracks (all stored in 100% decompressed WAVE format). I have playlists, too. And sometimes, mostly with the Star Wars scores, I'll edit.

Often, I'll have a desire to hear a particular track, but I start at the beginning and work towards the track I want. Most of the time the CDs are chronological anyway, but some aren't (Minority Report comes to mind).

Complete and chronological, most of the time (unless I don't have the chronological order). Sometimes I may just want to listen to a certain cue, but I generally listen to a score (err...album) in its entirety.

Complete and chronological, when available. I don't do compilations or "mixes" of scores themselves. I did have a 2-disc compilation of concert pieces, but I seem to have lost it. ROTFLMAO

Whatever I feel like most of the time. Right now I have a craving for the love theme and Viktor's theme from the Terminal, so I'm listening to a few tracks with them.

Often a theme pops into my head for no apparent reason and I just switch to that track next. If I'm doing something busy though, particularly if it isn't by my computer, then I'll start it randomly and usually find I've worked through an album or 2 ROTFLMAO

It depends ,some scores I like to listen in the most complete form possible and in chronological order:

Like:

RotS

Phantom Menace

Hook

A.I.

E.T.

Those are some examples,usually that occurs when the entire score is interesting.

Some other scores I like to listen to a few selected tracks,WotW looks like it's going to be that way.

Lately I just load entire albums on my ipod and listen straight through.

Lately, I've been letting my iPod play my favorites at random. I do enjoy listening to scores all the way through, however; it's just sometimes hard to find the time to sit down and do that.

Ray Barnsbury

Are you guys mostly using the Discman, iPod, Home stereo or car stereo to listen to music?

I'm pretty much using my iPod all the time now - either with headphones or through my car's stereo system.

When i use the home stereo, i just put the CD.

I recently bought a Discman with Mp3 and i'm making discs with several scores, in chronological order.

I also plan to make a 'themes' CD

It depends. With some scores I need to listen to the whole thing; but sometimes I just listen to my favourite tracks from one CD or another.