WOTW - The Attack On The Car - deleted scene?

I was just listening to the CD after seeing the film again, and I have to say, unless somebody says track 9 matches up exactly to the scene where the mob attacks Cruise and family in their minivan, I suspect it may be for a deleted scene in which there is an alien attack on the car.

The music is so furious and loud. It's much more than I can imagine Williams composing for such a human, dark scene that's mostly about character. This sounds like music for an attack by aliens, not people.

Below are some stills and captures from this deleted scene, which also showed up in the trailer, in which Cruise has his line "Nothing can touch them."

image_one.jpg

image_three.jpg

image_five.jpg

image_six.jpg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The music is for the part where the Alien captures Ray in the car. Or atleast i think.

Oh, you mean when it shoots a tentacle through the pickup truck he's hiding in, right before it takes Rachel? I never thought of that. Are you sure this is the case?

No, it is either for a deleted scene or for the human attack on the car. The music in the film for the tentacle picking up the car fit perfectly and is on the soundtrack. Also, that scene is so brief, it is really part of the red weed/basket scene.

:eek: One of my favorite insults! Perhaps "Attack on the Car" is for when the tripod launches the car out of the hole during the intersection scene. Perhaps it was originally shot in such slow motion that it synchronized to a 3 minute cue! LOL

I agree that the music doesn't at all fit the scene. In any case, I'm very glad the scene was unscored. The lack of music intensifies the raw humanity of that sequence, which is easily the most frightening in the film. What we're capable of doing to each other when we're beaten down to our primal instincts.

Ray Barnsbury

Perhaps "Attack on the Car" is for when the tripod launches the car out of the hole during the intersection scene. Perhaps it was originally shot in such slow motion that it synchronized to a 3 minute cue! LOL

;)

Then the MTV crowd would have liked it more, I think.

~Sturgis