Will anyone add one of these to their DVD collection?

JoeinAR

I will be getting the one on the left.

The Cover art is likely to be different in the states. On a side note a large percentage of these

are being made just 4 or 5 miles from my house. yes Alex we know you think the film sucks, thanks for pointing that out again

titanicboth.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harry, if it's sitting on your shelf bookended with other DVDs, when are you going to see the cover? When you're taking it off the shelf to open the case and put the DVD in the player? Hmm. That's about 20 seconds.

Not a good enough reason for me not to buy the DVD.

Jeff -- who will buy it if the extras are interesting and more than footage of Cameron oohing and ahhing over the Titanic wreckage

No - Titanic was recently voted the worst movie of all time amng UK viewers - and whilst i don't think it's the worst I still dont like it....

No - Titanic was recently voted the worst movie of all time amng UK viewers - and whilst i don't think it's the worst I still dont like it....

I usually agree with UK viewers.

Harry, if it's sitting on your shelf bookended with other DVDs, when are you going to see the cover? When you're taking it off the shelf to open the case and put the DVD in the player? Hmm. That's about 20 seconds.

Not a good enough reason for me not to buy the DVD.

Jeff -- who will buy it if the extras are interesting and more than footage of Cameron oohing and ahhing over the Titanic wreckage

the extra's will be enormous. The film will be on two discs for the best possible picture, and the 4 disc set will contain volumes of extra stuff.

There will be 58 minutes of deleted scenes, and so much more

Here are the details of the extra's

I already have the "standard" DVD released here a few years ago. Anything extra from Titanic is a very welcomed move, at least for me and in the very least it's more valuable to me than thousands of minutes of extras from LOTR, and I don' believe we've seen the end with LOTR already.

Oh, can we still talk LOTR here...? ;)

R.-)

Well, most UK film polls have pretty stupid results.

See above comment.

Morlock- who will most certainly be getting the one on the left.

I usually agree with Alex Cremers.

This is a bloated movie, in more than one way.

I couldn't believe people actually went to see this SFX parade, this crap, beg ya pardon. Lots of mumbo jumbo about lots of mumbo jumbo. A lot of 'bigger is better' approach. This movie lacks in nutricion.

The story of Titanic however is quite interesting. Of course, that's the one thing that hadn't sprung from these 'creative minds'. In other words, it was easy to create sympathy for this movie.

In a few years time, you won't hear people talk about it so much not even as a 'cult', in comparison to other classics. At least, I hope so.

There I said my piece.

I usually agree with Alex Cremers.

I fully agree with The Prick vs The DD. ;)

Well, most UK film polls have pretty stupid results.

That's a pretty unthoughtful reply, Morlock.

it was very thoughtful and accurate, most UK film polls are stinking piles of excrement.

I enjoyed this film first time I saw it, much like Phantom Menace and AOTC. Now I just can't make it through the film, it's so stilted and wooden. The music is just plain awful IMO. And that bloody song...

Titanic: The film that ended James Cameron's career, apparently...

• 2 weeks later...

Man, I can't believe all the negative waves here, man. This is way too heavy.

I have to disagree strongly with many here. I really enjoy the film and the music. But I have always loved to read about the Titanic so liking this film was almost a certainty, although when I first heard that it would be a love story it almost made me throw up. But I think JC (thats James Cameron, not the other JC) really made it work in the film.

I'll be getting the version with the most discs in it when is comes out.

Unlike that pathetic Pearl Harbour and its version of a love story around cataclysmic events which DID make me vomit.