No, Not My New Boss!

Lurker

I plugged my iPod into my portable speakers and put on Gerhardt's recording of Star Wars. My new boss said, "Superman!".

banghead

Neil

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More people know Star Wars than Superman. What a weirdo.

(I know you don't care, Neil, but congrats on 10,000. ROTFLMAO)

~Sturgis

You just be happy he didn't tell you to turn that crap off.

I believe the actual quote (from a former boss referring to "The Love Theme from Superman") was, "Can you turn down the noise".

Neil

To Neil's former boss:

u-phukin-suk__171.gif

That's too lenient.

u-phukin-suk__171.gifu-phukin-suk__171.gif

u-phukin-suk__171.gifu-phukin-suk__171.gif

That's more apprpriate for that clown.

I really like my new boss though. He never tells me to turn down my music. In fact he likes to work with music playing, just like I do.

Neil

I had a roommate in 1998 who walked in the house when I was playing "Cadillac of the Skies."

Here's his quote (I'll never forget it):

"Ooooooh. Titanic, huh?"

When Die Hard was on TV one day my mother thought some music from that was from Star Trek II...

No doubt the tracked Aliens music.

Neil

My sister, a really cool, medern girl, and who makes fun of my nerdiness, was sitting in the kitchen with her boyfriend and me, and I played some music for her. It was one of those Episode III ringtones or part of the early one minute-long audio clip from the score to the film. This was way before the movie came out, mind you. I asked her to listen, and I may have asked her what she thought it was. Within seconds of beginning the clip, she said that it was Episode III music. She'd never heard it before, and I didn't tell her. She either knows me well enough, or I have rubbed of on her a bit (she's rubbed of on me too much to even recount, so it's good to know that the reverse is possible). I was impressed, her boyfriend was impressed, and she didn't seem embarassed. I know that this is the opposite of the conversation until now, but I thought that was pretty neat.

~Conor

Ok, so I'm driving a friend home and we're listening to Silvestri's "Burn it Down" from Van Helsing and she says that it sounds like "Scary looney toons music."

So I left her on the curb.

Justin - Who draws a hard line but stands by it.

Neil, you should take this as an OPPORTUNITY to convert him.

I once told somebody that I had the Star Trek: First Contact soundtrack, he said,

"Oh that movie has great sound effects, that's cool".

I didn't know whether I should have pity on him or slap him. I just pursed my lips and walked away.

I always wondered that. Do techies get really excited about the upcoming projects their favorite sound engineers are working on? Are their online networks dedicated to the most powerful lighting artist in Hollywood?

~Conor

• 2 weeks later...

I played E.T. to someone once. He thought it was pretty neat and that it might be Star Wars. When I told it was E.T. he all of a sudden thought it was kiddy music.

And for some reason everyone keeps thinking I only listen to Star Wars music. Someone took a guess at The Incredibles and thought it was Star Wars.

Tssss....

I was listening to my music at school, and some dude asked to look at my CD collection. When he looked through the first few "pages" of my holder, he gave it back and asked why I didn't "listen to any real music."

I shook my head and ignored him.

I was listening to my music at school, and some dude asked to look at my CD collection. When he looked through the first few "pages" of my holder, he gave it back and asked why I didn't "listen to any real music."

I shook my head and ignored him.

Very, very few people have been cultured musically. It's sad really that 99.9% of the people out there can't see past the pop top 40 and realize that just about everything else is better than that.