The correct cue order of WoW CD?

Incanus

Has anyone made a chronological cue break down of the WoW album yet? I have not seen the film yet so I have no idea how to sequence the album. Are the cues fused together as Williams tends to do and are there huge edits in the cues?

Help would be very much appreciated! :P

8O The Spiders (HP CoS)

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll get you started.

The following tracks are non-combined cues used in the film. In chronological order:

1) Prologue

4) The Intersection Scene

6) Escape from the City

5) Ray and Rachel

2) The Ferry Scene

3) Reaching the Country

7) Probing the Basement

12) The Return to Boston

10) The Separation of the Family

The following are tracks made of combined cues from at least 5 different parts of the film:

11) The Confrontation with Ogilvy (contains floating bodies and

13) Escape from the Basket

The following is combined from an alternate version and the last cue in the film:

14) The Reunion

The following are not used in the film, or were composed for deleted scenes:

08) Refugee Status

09) The Attack o­n the Car

Track 15, Epilogue, is not used in the film, but is similar to 2 unreleased cues used in the film.

In the film, the end credits begin with the action portion of "Escape from the City"

I started a chronological thread, but it got attached by the webmasters to another thread about recommended listening order, and got buried. Hopefully this one won't suffer the same fate.

Here's my list:

Some timings for cutting up the immense track 13 are really approximate and are marked with question marks.

I also gave some of the most badly named tracks new titles, they are noted with a star

1 – Prologue

13 – After The Storm* (1:10 – 2:57?)

4 – The Intersection Scene

13 – Ashes* (3:03 – 4:33?)

6 – Escape From The City

11 – Floating Corpses* (0:00 – 0:40)

5 – Refugees*

2 – The Ferry Scene

3 – The Separation Of The Family*

7 – Probing The Basement

11 – Caught* (0:40 – end)

13 – Escape From The Basket (7:00? – end)

12 – Look At The Birds!*

10 – The Reunion*

14 – The Reunion (alternate)/Epilogue*

6 – War Of The Worlds* (0:32 - end)

15 – End Titles*

Unknown:

8 – Refugee Status

9 – The Attack On The Car

13 – (0:00 – 1:10), (4:30? – 7:00?)

If I had to guess, based on what little I know, I'd put track 8 after track 6, and track 9 after track 2.

I renamed "The Return To Boston" because it makes no sense. How can it be a return if they didn't leave from there and don't live there?

I believe tracks 8 and 9 are both from deleted scenes. There's a seperate thread about track 9, a deleted action scene from which numerous stills and captures from trailers exist.

Thanks for the posts. Now I can finally hear the cues in approximate film order.

By the way how much music there is in the movie (i.e. how much music are we missing?)?

This is pretty much as complete as the Raiders CD rerelease which was only missing 6 minutes. Only problem is, 2 of the tracks are crossfaded between 5 or so cues, so it is difficult to get an accurate chronological version. This is better than most of Williams' albums which have mostly tracks like that.

There is actually more alternate and unused music on the CD than there are omissions.

The omissions I remember are:

- the cue where robbie is walking too fast, wanting to follow the army in the country (still this sounds almost exactly like the epilogue)

- I think there is a cue just like that one when the family is walking with refugees to the ferry (might be tracked in the film, replacing "Refugee Status"?)

Anyway, the missing music sounds just like "Epilogue", so you're really not missing it except different endings.

• 2 weeks later...

What is the cue that covers Ray being chased by the one tripod, the one where he hides in the the car?

• 2 months later...

Is the cue where Ray kills Ogilvy (those tense strings if I remember correctly) on the CD? And if it is where is it?