Have you bothered to make an Expanded RotS score?

King Mark

Did you make an expanded RotS score using the Videogame music files?  

30 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes,and I'm really glad I did
    • Yes,but it was a waste of time
    • No,I haven't had time but I plan to
    • No,and I don't care about it

Just wondering how many went through the trouble of doing this.There is 7 minutes of clean unreleased music from videogame files.And the results can greatly (IMO) improve the listening experience of this score.

K.M.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I haven't - I'm cool with Jack's version until something better comes along - I certainly couldn't do any better,

Greg :-)

No I haven't - I'm cool with Jack's version until something better comes along - I certainly couldn't do any better,

Excuse me, but what is "Jack's Version"?

Thanks

Peter

No, and I don't care. How can 7 minutes of additional music (out of a 2 hour score) greatly improve the listening experience? That's bull (for me).

Excuse me, but what is "Jack's Version"?

Thanks

Peter

Look here.

I went with option 1. I agree with king mark. I've said this elsewhere, but it's great having cues like "Another Happy Landing" to add some balance to the darkness of the OST music, and the arrangements that were intended that you're able to make with the game material is really good. I'm very glad I did it.

My edit has every second of additional music. Aside from some bad edits (trying to end "Fighting with Grievous," urgh), it's a nice listening experience. Feels more like a full score (despite its length) than an album.

Yup, and I'm glad I did. All the new stuff is good, and I probably won't listen to the album by itself anymore.

No, and I don't care. How can 7 minutes of additional music (out of a 2 hour score) greatly improve the listening experience? That's bull (for me).

Because,unlike some other scores where unreleased music is pointless(WotW and Minority Report come to mind),the RotS album is lacking most of the "light" transitionnal fanfares found throughout the full score.A lot of these are in the game files.With these added in,the album feels a lot more like a traditionnal SW score than excedingly dark as the album presents it.

K.M.

How exactly would I get these "Galaxies" audio files? I'd love to add them into the album I mixed in film order. If somebody can help me, I'd really appreciate it. I started the ROTS film order thread and updated it regularly, so this means a lot to me,

Thanks

I voted for number one. I completely agree with King Mark too...

I even have the tracked music and film edits for mine *dodges all knifes and bullets*

Sorry I just like hearing what I remember in the film...

Now only if they can release more music...say "I Am The Senate" cue....

Edit: I should point out, I have every piece of music from the OST in my expanded set....well I edited out the Throne Room music in the End Credits since now I listen to it more it's an over kill...

Hell yes. And it was worth every second. I've lost count of how many different versions of it I've had to make. :devil:

Just having it in chrono order improves the listening experience, even more than most Williams scores. Why Lament was put near the start of the CD, a Greivous cue at the end, and all BotH statements in the first half is beyond me.

Hell yes. And it was worth every second. I've lost count of how many different versions of it I've had to make.  :devil:  

Just having it in chrono order improves the listening experience, even more than most Williams scores. Why Lament was put near the start of the CD, a Greivous cue at the end, and all BotH statements in the first half is beyond me.

I completely agree about having the score in chrono order does really help the listening experience....

I had to make a few versions of it myself before I finally nailed it down properly and was satisified with everything...

I had to make a few versions too, but found the chrono version miles better. Why Williams consistently has his albums put in such wacky order bewilders me, but I guess it's his to do with as he pleases. I'm just glad he has the clout to get every score released, and as hour+ albums. And re-arranging them is always fun, and I gain new appreciation for the music, so I guess it ain't all bad.

Can somebody help?

I want to make a comlpete version, taking the OST tracks, the Galaxies audio files and the tracked music from Eps I and II. Bits like Escape From Naboo and Anakin Destroys the Federation Battleship durign the opening space battle and Arena March as Anakin enters the Jedi temple worked so well that I want to re-create them on my full chronological album.

I want to find timings for the tracked cues, but this list, which seems the most complete, only lists the use of Federation Battleship and DOTF:

http://jwfan.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&f...er=asc&start=50

On this thread:

http://jwfan.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&f...iewtopic&t=7540

I found the following list of tracked cues, but no times or anything.

1M8 - Escape from Naboo, The Phantom Menace

2M2 - Battleship Destroyed, The Phantom Menace

3M4 - The Arena, Attack of the Clones

The Senate, The Phantom Menae

The Big Army, The Armies Face Off, Laser Fight March, The Phantom Menace

(reel six cues featuring the Trade Federation March).

4M2 - Ambush on Coruscant (film version), Attack of the Clones

The Senate, The Phantom Menace

(I need to check this one again)

5M2 - The Arena, Attack of the Clones

6M5 - Duel of the Fates (album version orchestra track), The Phantom Menace

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I guess people haven't gone through the details of the tracked music because there's no good reason to (most would say). The breakdown of "Duel of the Fates" is in my thread, though.

I’ll wait for the official RotS DVD release - and use the Galaxies rips, of course – to make my complete version of the score. Thanks to all who contributed to the complete cue lists, details, etc.

mattmane, who – after much procrastination – is about to finish his complete Ep. 1 score

Just wondering how many went through the trouble of doing this.There is 7 minutes of clean unreleased music from videogame files.And the results can greatly (IMO) improve the listening experience of this score.

K.M.

OMG, OMG,

7 minutes,

7 minutes,

my Kingdom for those 7 minutes.

Are we talking Rots or the Nixon tapes?

7 minutes is like 1 large bonus cue

And you are posting at a JW forum everyday.Very hypocritical of you to belittle a siseable chunk of music because your too lazy to add it to the c.d.(or don't know how to)

K.M.

7 minutes of extra ROTS music is a nice bonus I guess, but everyone's so vamped about it.

I'm not vamped about it, but the bonus tracks make it a nicer listen, and most tracks themselves are better than I thought they would be. Of course, Steef, if you want to work something out, you know where to PM me :)

I figured out how to make a CD that is exactly, and I mean exactly 80 mins long. I hate having to break up an album onto 2 discs, somehow it always looks too imposing on my shelf, and I never end up reaching for it.

I took all the album music, the best of the Galaxies files (leaving off the bits that aren't that interesting and mean hacking otherwise nice album cues unlistenably.) Then I added the most important tracked bits off Eps I & II.

Wow! I love the resulting album. Miles better than the chronological OST I made. The lightness added by the galaxies files and the tracked cues is an enormous help.

My CD runs about 83 minutes with all the RotS music plus "Duel of the Fates," then another twenty or so with the bonus tracks. So yeah, it's two discs. Doesn't make much difference. I usually just listen to the whole thing with Windows Media Player.

Because the score to RotS is better than any of the scores to LotR .

K.M.

Ok, this is where I stop 'scanning' and hit the reply button.

Why is it that no member of this forum can go 10 minutes without severely criticising Shore's work? I've always regarded the LotR music as a masterpiece, it's one of the scores that got me interested in film music in the first place (and hence introduced me seriously to JW).

Is it because it doesn't quite reach the complexity of JW's music or because it 'stole' oscars away from HP? I've actually made an expanded verion of LotR with the same enthusiasm as you guys are doing RotS and I can't wait for the complete release, but it really annoys me when you consistently count 'anything' by Williams as better than 'the crap Shore came up with' :)

Sorry...I had to vent that.... I'm as much a Williams fan as all of you (I LOVE RotS and WotW is climbing fast up my frequently played list) but what is all of this sudden turnaround with Shore? I'll freely admit I didn't like his Aviator score though...

You'd think it was music from Shore's LOTR.

And if it was, I'd be a very frequent visitor of this thread :devil:

Why is it that no member of this forum can go 10 minutes without severely criticising Shore's work? I've always regarded the LotR music as a masterpiece, it's one of the scores that got me interested in film music in the first place (and hence introduced me seriously to JW).

Since when are those members in the majority? Many appreciate his work greatly, I for one, euhm 'Sefancos' for another. Countless others will no doubt reply to this as well and hijack this thread :)

I would like to make an Expanded RotS score but I don't have the means or the know how. (I just got my first computer so that tells the level of professionalism in this walk of life.) :)

So could somebody give me little help (or lots depending on how difficult it is to make an expanded score set)?

And you are posting at a JW forum everyday.Very hypocritical of you to belittle a siseable chunk of music because your too lazy to add it to the c.d.(or don't know how to)

K.M.

if its from a video game I don't consider it important.

K.M.

I know you don't care about videogames.

But what part do you not understand?It is unreleased music from the film Revenge of the Sith conducted by John Williams and performed by the London Symphony Orchestra,not a synth re-recording or whatever you think it might be.This music appears in the RotS movie

K.M.,Who sometimes is baffled by Joe

It is unreleased music from the film Revenge of the Sith conducted by John Williams and performed by the London Symphony Orchestra,not a synth re-recording or whatever you think it might be.This music appears in the RotS movie

It's still not unreleased LOTR music....

I did a few edits here and there. I Re-ordered it and re-inserted a few songs. I didn't use any music with sound effects or Dialogue (except the drum roll at the begining).

The only bits I kept from the movie rip is the extra chords in It Can't Be.Also the end of Revisiting Padme is clean and I use it to open Grevious Travels to Palpatine.I used all the bits from the videogame.

When the DVD comes out it's be interesting to see where exactly you can get more clean music.

K.M.

K.M.

I know you don't care about videogames.

But what part do you not understand?It is unreleased music from the film Revenge of the Sith conducted by John Williams and performed by the London Symphony Orchestra,not a synth re-recording or whatever you think it might be.This music appears in the RotS movie

K.M.,Who sometimes is baffled by Joe

how do you know its music from the movie, wheres the proof.

Joe, who doesn't obsess over every scrap of music.

I did. I used music from the original soundtracks when neccesary and stuff that was on the Episode 3 cd itself so the only music that has sound effects are like ... 3-4t tracks...

how do you know its music from the movie, wheres the proof.

Joe, I love you man, but that is by far the stupidest thing you have written on these boards. All anyone needs to do is watch the movie and listen. It's obvious where those pieces go. And since the movie did leak onto the internet pretty much anyone can download it and view it and compare.

Neil

I've watched the movie one time, I don't think that is enough to say hey this is music from the movie in a geek out fest video game.

it makes even less sense for you to know it Neil, since you hate the score and hate the movie.

I haven't invested enought time in the movie to know the music in it, or enough to care if its one a stupid video game.

Joe, who hasn't listened to Rots in weeks.