Score competition #2: Jaws vs. Jurassic Park

chs058

Which score is the better?  

51 members have voted

1. 1.

• Jaws
    • Jurassic Park

Didn't you just disqualify yourself?

No, I said bullshit, not you are a piece of bullshit :( There is a definate distinction.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are not interested in what i have to say, since you think i'm either misguided or mistaught. :roll:

Is that so bad? You often say that of me. I'm just returning the favor to see how you like it. ;)

Stefancos- who no longer wasting his time...

No, you do. You slip in a comment in and then when I reply, you back away saying "I'm not wasting my time".

Make up your mind please. :(

Didn't you just disqualify yourself?

No, I said bullshit, not you are a piece of bullshit ;) There is a definate distinction.

Are you ABSOLUTELY sure? :(

Also, personal insults can be savagely funny when employed inventively.

Perhaps, but the less we use them here, the better for the board.

I agree.

I know when I'm not wanted. bawling

I know when I'm not wanted.  bawling

Your insight and comments are very valuable, but you have been slamming people too much. Just refrain from the blasting and everybody (except Morn) will love you. LOL

I know when I'm not wanted.  bawling

Your insight and comments are very valuable, but you have been slamming people too much. Just refrain from the blasting and everybody (except Morn) will love you. LOL

It is better to be feared than loved. -- Machiavelli :(

;):(:nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity:

Have to make up for the lack of woodwinds or brass :(

except Morn

You shall not get to heaven for this! :angry:

It is better to be feared than loved. -- Machiavelli  ;)

Not on this board. :(

-Chris, Who learned the hard way after stepping on EVERYBODY'S toes at one time or another, sometimes without even realizing it... :(

No. Morn's theme is played by an organ grinder as he scampers around begging for change in his tiny red hat.

No.  Morn's theme is played by an organ grinder as he scampers around begging for change in his tiny red hat.

:(

-Chris, Who thinks an amendment to the rules should be made to allow us to make fun of Morn. :biglaugh:

You shall not get to heaven for this!  :(

Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven. -- Milton

Figo, really testing his memory of the classics tonight. ;)

Chris, Who thinks an amendment to the rules should be made to allow us to make fun of Morn.  :biglaugh:

Didn't you see Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid? There are no rules in a knife fight!

Is there anything left to burn?  jump1

Chrusher, this looks like the beginning of a beautiful friendship. beerchug

LOL... As much as I could go on all day ribbing my good buddy Morn... but unfortunately I do have a deadline and I'm behind... :wow:

-Chris, Who sometimes posts more than does work... alot of fun but I can't make any money that way... :(

(PS- Donations are appreciated!!! ;) )

Yeah, I know what you mean, CCC. I blew the whole day. That's what I get for staying away for a few days. Repression is no good for anyone, and you just wind up overindulging in the end. :(

It's after midnight. I'm going to get off of here and read a book or something. I was waiting for some more of Morn's monkeyshines, but I guess they'll have to wait for tomorrow. :sleep1:

What is he up to? I don't like these "ideas." :confused:

No.  Morn's theme is played by an organ grinder as he scampers around begging for change in his tiny red hat.

LOL

"Lier!!!!"  

-Morn, From "The Life Of Morn"

Sorry Morn, we love you anyways ;)

It is better to be feared than loved. -- Machiavelli  ;)

He was wrong :(

Ricard is very, very loved.

That's my goodnight kiss. See you tomorrow, boys!

Wow, I really missed a lot. I'm surprised at how some people actually view their opinion as fact. In any case, I enjoy the Jurassic Park score slightly more than Jaws, and I enjoy the Jurassic Park movie immensely more than Jaws. I've agreed with Merkel through the whole debate, and I think we had very similar experiences regarding JP. As a nine-year old there is nothing more exciting than seeing real(istic) dinosaurs on screen. That is one reason I like JP more - I grew up with it. However, watching the movies now, I still like JP a lot more. Jaws is quite enjoyable, but there are points in the movie where I ask "It's not over yet?" It just doesn't have the awe and excitement and story that captivate me like JP does. I'm sorry for those of you who "know" that Jaws is a better film, but that's my opinion. I can understand people that like Jaws better, so I hope you can understand my opinion.

About the scores, I think Jaws does more for the film than JP, but not much. Just imagine the journey to the island scene in JP w/o the trumpet fanfare. Zero excitement. Just a helicoptor flying over a pretty island. And the first appearace of the brachiosaurus without music would still be pretty cool, but with the music it becomes one of the most awe-inspiring and memorable movie sequences. Like I said before, the Jaws score does more for the film, but my personal preference is Jurassic Park.

Ray Barnsbury

I'm surprised at how some people actually view their opinion as fact.

Anybody I know? :roll:

Figo, wondering why we can't all just get back to slamming Morn.

Figo, wondering why we can't all just get back to slamming Morn.

No, Figo. I'm sure you've never met. :)

And you're free to resume slamming Morn. I just wanted to answer the thread topic. So sorry for the inconvenience. :)

Ray Barnsbury

His name is Figo :)

Incidentally, I didn't think Jurassic Park was a terrible movie. Just not as good as Jaws. Just to make myself perfectly clear.

But of course, people always remember the bad...

Figo, always looking on the sunny side. :wiggle:

You shall not get to heaven for this!  :)

Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven. -- Milton

Figo, really testing his memory of the classics tonight. :)

Since when is "The Devil's Advocate" a classic? by the way, Milton didn't say that. the Keanu Reeves character did, in sort of a question form.

Are you sure?

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heaven of Hell, and a Hell of Heaven.

What matter where, if I be still the same,

And what I should be, all but less than he

Whom thunder hath made greater? Here at least

We shall be free; th'Almighty hath not built

Here for his envy, will not drive us hence:

Here we may reign secure; and, in my choice,

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:

Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven."

-- Paradise Lost, Book I, lines 254 through 263 [italics mine]

Shows what you know. :)

Figo, who did a term paper on Milton in 10th grade. :biglaugh:

i thought you were referring to the movie, my mistake. i didn't even think about that, since the movie entered my mind first.

Let that be a lesson to you. There's a world out there beyond the internet, and some of it existed before Tim Burton. jump1