Score competition #2: Jaws vs. Jurassic Park

chs058

Which score is the better?  

51 members have voted

1. 1.

• Jaws
    • Jurassic Park

Sheesh, try to encourage somebody to be a more rounded individual, and see what it gets you?

I'd ask when's the last time you got laid, tpigeon, if it wouldn't get me banned.

But -- I will exercise restraint.

Figo, glad he caught himself before it was too late.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you weren't trying to encourage me to be a more well-rounded individual. you were trying to make me out to be a fool, something so common in this world that is the internet, one that i spend very little time in.

i just finished an autobiography by Stephen King, good book. lots of pointers on writing. and what does this have to do with the scores to Jurassic Park and Jaws?

i don't like condescending remakrs made about me by someone who doesn't know the first thing about me. it riles me up a bit.

I voted for Jurassic Park score. Mainly cause its marvelous main theme which is IMO the best of ALL Williams themes. It's great, majestic and beautiful! Like dinos!!!! :) JP has also few calm, nice cues like "Hatching Baby Raptor" or "My Friend, the Brachiosaurus", very wild and terryfying ones like "Incident at Isla Nublar" or "Raptor Attack" (however I like cues from The Lost World more). And what's the most important thing, Jurassic Park has a danger motif (it opens "High-Wire Stunts") which IMO is equal to the shark motif from Jaws (just don't kill me for that! :folder: ) It isn't so simple but has the same impact.

I like Jaws score very much (Man Against Beast!!!! :sigh: ), but I love Jurassic Park!

Aghem, wondering if it is the films or the scores poll :?

Figo, what ever you do, don't discuss A.I. :sigh: with him. :folder:

Joe bat_angel.gif

tpigeon, tpigeon, tpigeon...

Isn't life too short to let it all bleed away in hostility? Time is on the wing, my friend (note the Omar Khayyam reference).

In any case, I believe it was you who started us down this path, by attributing my quote to -- LOL (pardon me) -- Keanu Reeves!

yeah, but you were the one who had to make a comment like that. i knew i made a mistake, and i admitted to it, and you had to give me your "lesson." i think just about anyone would react the same way i did.

funny Joe, but i hardly consider any of the conversations we have had about A.I. "discussion." it was merely you knowing that you were right and not listening to anything else anyone had to say. that's not discussion.

Are you still here? I'm trying to enjoy my lunch.

All right, fair enough. Just don't accuse me of cribbing lines from Keanu Reeves films.

Incidentally, you don't know anything about me in real life, either. I'm actually a fairly nice guy. :folder:

But God help me if I'm near the keyboard! :sigh:

as am i. and i know that i don't know anything about you, and would never make those kind of comments about you either, especailly over something like this. i just reacted that way because you blatently made out to be a fool, when i made a simple mistake, as we all do.

Well, thank you, in exchange, for your lesson. I'll try to keep it in mind.

By the way, I wouldn't worry so much about saving face around here. We're all fools!

Figo, decked out in motley, presiding over the Feast of Fools.

funny Joe, but i hardly consider any of the conversations we have had about A.I. "discussion." it was merely you knowing that you were right and not listening to anything else anyone had to say. that's not discussion.

Well at least you finally know I was right. :sigh: :wow:

Well, thank you, in exchange, for your lesson.  I'll try to keep it in mind.  

By the way, I wouldn't worry so much about saving face around here.  We're all fools!

Figo, decked out in motley, presiding over the Feast of Fools.

ain't that the truth

You are a humorless sort, aren't you?

All right, have it your way. You'll get no breaks from me. I hope you'll continue your education -- under the tutelage of Keanu Reeves! :sigh:

no, i only meant to quote your comment about us all being fools. i'm new to the whole quote thing. and no, i am not the humorless type.

you're never gonna let this Keanu Reeves thing go are you? i saw the movie on TNT the other day and remember that line distinctly and that's whate it reminded me of, and i think Al Pacino's name in the movie was Milton. forgive me

Is that supposed to be sarcastic? Come now, if you're going to stay, you must really get the hang of using emoticons. I can't tell you how much hot water I've gotten into around here because I forgot to include an ironic eyeroll. Heaven forfend!

Anyway, I hope there won't continue to be any hard feelings. Surely, you understand the Man Code. First, we're supposed to beat the living shit out of one another, and then we become fast friends.

Like this:

beerchug

Figo, trying to demonstrate the important role of emoticons in maintaining world peace.

LOL

You are a trip! Believe it not I was going to make a remark along the lines of, "Just because you liked the post don't be afraid to own up to it," or something of the sort.

Anyway, I hope we can put this all behind us. No more Keanu, eh?

Figo kiss it better. :sigh:

why no more Keanu? i think he's an excellent actor. :sigh: LOL

:folder:

there's some emoticons for ya

:?

May I remind you all that this is a JOHN WILLIAMS MESSAGE BOARD!!!!

:folder:

:pukeface:

:pukeface:

:sigh:

:biglaugh:

jump1

:)

-Chris, Who swears that he will not spend all day here because he has a deadline...

(P.S.- banghead And Morn, stop emailing me about debates that I already thrashed you on, my good boy. I like your competitive fire and desire to win, but save if for debates that you didn't already lose every single point on (and don't bring them up here either, like I know you want to, LOL )! :evil: )

I'd say that too, but I am poor. LOL!

-Chris, Who's boss is very forgiving but that's no excuse, for I must work and not be as lazy as a certain person around here who invented and uses "Mornisms"... :sigh:

BTW, My brother's GF was playing me some of the Moulin Rouge soundtrack when we went to go pick up some food Sunday.

I didn't know Obi-Wan could sing. :folder: I wonder if Lucas now plans to turn the climatic Epsiode III duel between Kenobi and Anakin into a musical?

"You have disobeyed me and betraaaaaaayed the Jedi Knights for the last TIIIIMMMMME, Annieeeee!!!!!"

:sigh:

"You haven't seeeeennnn anything yeeeet, my former Masteeerrr!!!!!!"

(If that sounds bad, it's because Ben Burrt does the musical portion and not Williams, :wow: :oops: )

I wonder if Lucas now plans to turn the climatic Epsiode III duel between Kenobi and Anakin into a musical?

Send in the Clones!

:wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle:

I'm already imagining the ultimate rendition of the Duel of the Fates

KORAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

;)bowdownbowdownbowdownbowdownbowdownbowdownbowdownbowdownbowdown

:)

MATAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

bowdownbowdownbowdownbowdownbowdownbowdownbowdownbowdownbowdownbowdown

i don't like condescending remakrs made about me by someone who doesn't know the first thing about me. it riles me up a bit.

Man, you people are worse than Morn and Harry Potter bowdown

yeah, but you were the one who had to make a comment like that. i knew i made a mistake, and i admitted to it, and you had to give me your "lesson." i think just about anyone would react the same way i did.

Except me, it's easier to just ignore him ;)

We're all fools!

Except me bowdown

Anyway, I hope there won't continue to be any hard feelings. Surely, you understand the Man Code. First, we're supposed to beat the living shit out of one another, and then we become fast friends.

:) What is this Man Code crap?

I voted for Jurassic Park score. Mainly cause its marvelous main theme which is IMO the best of ALL Williams themes. It's great, majestic and beautiful! Like dinos!!!!

Oooh! Ahhh! Main theme! That's how it always starts. Then later there's The Raptor Attack and T-Rex Rescue.

And Morn, stop emailing me about debates that I already thrashed you on, my good boy. I like your competitive fire and desire to win, but save if for debates that you didn't already lose every single point on (and don't bring them up here either, like I know you want to

You're a poor looser bowdown

What is this Man Code crap?

You wouldn't know. :biglaugh:

BAD-UMPH-SKISH! (Comedic Percussion Hit)

LOL

I had a friend that I grew up with who made ALL his friends via this "man-code". I know it all to well from that dude. :? :roll:

And Morn, stop emailing me about debates that I already thrashed you on, my good boy. I like your competitive fire and desire to win, but save if for debates that you didn't already lose every single point on (and don't bring them up here either, like I know you want to
You're a poor looser  :)

Well, it's like sports (where you admit that you know nothing about).

You see.... When one team is up in a football game by 45 points with a few minutes to go and lets up while the losing team tries their butt off after the game is clearly decided and maybe scores a safety because the winning team wants to run the clock out, and yet the losing team still somehow thinks they are all bad, it's simply just for pride after that, because the clock expires and the score is Chrushers 45, Morns 2 (via Chrushers running the clock out in the end zone and not a Morn player scoring). I wouldn't call that reason to celebrate. :biglaugh:

Chris, Who now knows a girl who said to me today "JOHN WILLIAMS ROCKS!!!" And she said this BEFORE I got to her! LOL (That's a rarity!)

I voted for JP, but this has mainly to do with the fact that I prefer that score personally since it is more melodic and less "harsh" that Jaws.

I'm with ya'.

I wouldn't call one "better" than the other, because both are classic Williams scores, and both are very recognizable (Jaws being one of the most recognizable pieces of music in history, although it cracks me up how often people TRY to hum Jaws and get it WRONG! :) ). But even so, JP's theme is still widely known.

I personally like JP a little better (Same as Rouge, less harsh and more thematic), but is it better? Nobody can say, really. Both are damn good though. :)

You see.... When one team is up in a football game by 45 points with a few minutes to go and lets up while the losing team tries their butt off after the game is clearly decided and maybe scores a safety because the winning team wants to run the clock out, and yet the losing team still somehow thinks they are all bad, it's simply just for pride after that, because the clock expires and the score is Chrushers 45, Morns 2 (via Chrushers running the clock out in the end zone and not a Morn player scoring). I wouldn't call that reason to celebrate.  :biglaugh:

:? What is this crap?