Score competition #2: Jaws vs. Jurassic Park

chs058

Which score is the better?  

51 members have voted

1. 1.

• Jaws
    • Jurassic Park

I like JP more than Jaws, too. Yesterday I watched Jaws 2 on TV and have to say, entertaining, but I also like Lost World better than that, too :) But I think that has to do with the generation thing some people already mentioned here. I grew up with JP, not with Jaws, and JP is far more exciting, enjoyable, and multi-times-watchable than Jaws.

-Chris

P.S.: Regarding football, in our last game (the first one we won this season) our opponents did such a funny safety: a longsnap right through the goalposts

:)

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see I'm going to have to hit every public library and cyber cafe in the region, so I can stuff the ballot box. :roll:

Figo, trapped in a world he never made. :cry:

ChrisAfonso wrote:

"I like JP more than Jaws, too. Yesterday I watched Jaws 2 on TV and have to say, entertaining, but I also like Lost World better than that, too But I think that has to do with the generation thing some people already mentioned here. I grew up with JP, not with Jaws, and JP is far more exciting, enjoyable, and multi-times-watchable than Jaws."

I agree! I also grew up with JP and maybe that's why I like it more than Jaws although they are both FANTASTIC scores!

Aghem

Bah, you 'generation' people are sheep bowdown

Morn - Who grew up with JP and knows at least Jaws 1 is better

Jurassic Park is totally a better score. Of course they're both brilliant and all...but it's just that the main Jaws theme consistes of mainly 2 notes!!! :mrgreen::joke:

Jurassic Park is totally a better score. Of course they're both brilliant and all...but it's just that the main Jaws theme consistes of mainly 2 notes!!! :mrgreen:  :joke:

banghead

...for me.

I might add to my last post. Sheesh, you Jaws people take everything personally cooldevil.gif

There's no problem for me if you have another opinion on that matter, but that's mine.

-Chris

Though I love "Jurassic Park" and will always regard it as a contemporary classic and as an amazing action film, "Jaws" is one of the best films in the history of cinema. JP is simply a special effects movie with great action and an overall well-executed story. Jaws is brilliant in every way, the characters, the script, the story, which, in its particular genre, is arguably the best of all time, the atmosphere, the composition, the music, and of course, the directing far surpass JP.

I will always regard "Jurassic Park" as a classic, but it doesn't hold a candle to "Jaws."

Though I love "Jurassic Park" and will always regard it as a contemporary classic and as an amazing action film, "Jaws" is one of the best films in the history of cinema. JP is simply a special effects movie with great action and an overall well-executed story. Jaws is brilliant in every way, the characters, the script, the story, which, in its particular genre, is arguably the best of all time, the atmosphere, the composition, the music, and of course, the directing far surpass JP.

You get 10 big brownie points! :)

Jurassic Park is totally a better score. Of course they're both brilliant and all...but it's just that the main Jaws theme consistes of mainly 2 notes!!! :)  :)

2 very cool notes. JP has a dino theme of only 4 notes and Jaws has more themes than JP ;)

I might add to my last post. Sheesh, you Jaws people take everything personally

It's the effect the film has on you :) You become paranoid.

I might add to my last post. Sheesh, you Jaws people take everything personally

It's the effect the film has on you :) You become paranoid.

LOL

However, I believe JP has more Themes:

1 - main theme

2 - island theme

3 - raptor theme/motive

4 - danger/tension motive (as in #3, #11)

5 - brachiosaurus theme (actually it's the triceratops theme)

6 - Dennis Steals the Embryo Theme

7 - Remembering Petticoat Lane Theme

The most I have counted for Jaws as for now is six. If anyone finds more, feel free to post it :)

-Chris, currently enjoying a JP revival, including reading the books, watching the movies and listening to the scores all day. (Hey, I should dig up my JP collectible figures)

I voted for JP because it got me into music, and it was the best musical complementation I have ever seen/heard for a film. It is also my favorite score of all time. Jaws may be famous, but JP is right up there with it.

~Conor

I'd have to say, even though Jaws is a better film than Jurassic Park, the score for Jurassic Park was slightly more exciting. The music for Jaws has a wonderful affect on a person if they're watching it, but if you're listening to it on c.d, it's a little bit boring!!!