Dvorak's Cello Concerto in Witches of Eastwick

ChrisAfonso

I just recently listened to Dvorak's amazing concerto and was astonished to hear a portion of music I knew from Witches of Eastwick (the scene with Susan Sarandon playing the cello and the subsequent seduction). When I heard that part of music in the film I immediately searched the credits for a hint of what it might be, as I liked it very much. But none of the pieces mentioned in the "employed music" section there did fit... why the hell is Dvorak not credited in the end credits??

Well, luckily I know now what that music is :) And I really enjoy Williams blending of the orchestral tutti at the end with his own "passion" theme... Williams on Dvorak... fits very nice :)

-Chris

:P Dvorak - Cello Concerto

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes.. Williams is certainly very brave to blend other composer's works into his scores.. But He does it so well! :P

Chris, good to see you, but how come you never heard Dvorak's cello concerto before?? :P

We are going to play it with our orchestra next season :) Oh yes, along with John Williams' Flight to Neverland (Dutch premiere!). Guess who is responsible for the programming...:)

Chris, good to see you, but how come you never heard Dvorak's cello concerto before??  :P  

We are going to play it with our orchestra next season :) Oh yes, along with John Williams' Flight to Neverland (Dutch premiere!). Guess who is responsible for the programming...:)

What orchestra?

Were?

Are there tickets?